Tevez tired of ending defenses....

Gunner

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6437074,00.html

Carlos Tevez admits he has grown disillusioned with football and could walk away from the game at any time.

The Manchester City striker has revealed that the stresses of life as a Premier League performer are taking their toll on his body and mind.

He may only be 26, but the Argentinainternational claims his distinguished career to date has left him drained.

Tevez hinted over the summer that he could soon quit professional football after finding it hard to motivate himself for the new campaign.

He has, however, remained a stand-out performer for City and has been handed the captain's armband at Eastlands by boss Roberto Mancini.

That, though, has done little to curb Tevez's sense of frustration and he continues to mull over the possibility of hanging up his boots and stepping out of the spotlight.

"I have been playing many games this season, and my body is feeling it. I am tired," the South American superstar said in the News of the World.

"I started to play when I was really young and I have always fought so much but now I'm feeling the effort.

Tolerance

"I'm an old guy now, and I started to think about some stuff. For example, I am less tolerant as a person today than I was a few years ago.

"Then I think - what happens if I quit football as long as I am okay in my life?

"When I talk about quitting, I mean quitting football, not just the national team. But at the moment I still don't know if this is going to be in one month, one year, three or five years.

"I have the idea of quitting in my mind. Maybe one of these days, I will just wake up and say no more football."

Tevez, who has appeared in all seven of City's Premier League fixtures so far this season, added: "My family but also my body are starting to feel the effort.

"I have worked and fought so hard, and I would love to enjoy my football.

"I have been playing in England for five years, and I have not spent a single Christmas nor New Year with my family.

"Let me tell you I am not enjoying the life of a footballer."

Guest Triple XXX

if what he says about not spending christams or new yrs with his fam for 5 yrs then come on guise - thats sad

100k a week and away from family >>>>> xmas with family

trust me

no second thought or nothing

unless he has lil kids

then id think about it

i hear what he's saying tbh.

And yh he's got at least 1 young daughter.

Lol at people saying earning a 100k a week >> spending xmas with your family. Some people take the simple regular things for granted. And plus how much money do you have to earn till it stops meaning as much and the more simple things become more important. I.e spending xmas at home with an elderly mother.

However a little more cynical side of me is wondering if this isn't just another snide way of a player calling for a winter break.