Multiculturism has failed

Guest Triple XXX

Guest Triple XXX

see what i did there? the Daily Mail style headline

anyways

Attempts to build a multicultural society in Germany have "utterly failed", Chancellor Angela Merkel says.

She said the so-called "multikulti" concept - where people would "live side-by-side" happily - did not work, and immigrants needed to do more to integrate - including learning German.

The comments come amid rising anti-immigration feeling in Germany.

A recent survey suggested more than 30% of people believed the country was "overrun by foreigners".

The study - by the Friedrich Ebert Foundation think-tank - also showed that roughly the same number thought that some 16 million of Germany's immigrants or people with foreign origins had come to the country for its social benefits.

Foreign workers

Mrs Merkel told a gathering of younger members of her conservative Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party on Saturday that at "the beginning of the 60s our country called the foreign workers to come to Germany and now they live in our country."

She added: "We kidded ourselves a while, we said: 'They won't stay, sometime they will be gone', but this isn't reality."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11559451

i hear what shes sayin still, people not wanting to intergrate n i see the peoples points

we had them kinda people in school, would sit together, eat together, jam together at lunch n talk in code

anyways

Attempts to build a multicultural society in Germany have "utterly failed", Chancellor Angela Merkel says.

She said the so-called "multikulti" concept - where people would "live side-by-side" happily - did not work, and immigrants needed to do more to integrate - including learning German.

A recent survey suggested more than 30% of people believed the country was "overrun by foreigners".

The study - by the Friedrich Ebert Foundation think-tank - also showed that roughly the same number thought that some 16 million of Germany's immigrants or people with foreign origins had come to the country for its social benefits.

Foreign workers

Mrs Merkel told a gathering of younger members of her conservative Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party on Saturday that at "the beginning of the 60s our country called the foreign workers to come to Germany and now they live in our country."

She added: "We kidded ourselves a while, we said: 'They won't stay, sometime they will be gone', but this isn't reality."

i hear what shes sayin still, people not wanting to intergrate n i see the peoples points

we had them kinda people in school, would sit together, eat together, jam together at lunch n talk in code

funny you would say that when in Spain you have whole communities of English people who have settled by the coast and have not made a single effort to integrate into Spanish culture.... they have their own bars,cafes, shops and dont bother to learn a word of Spanish

the hypocrisy of English white people always makes me laugh....you just have to see them on holiday to realise that they believe that everyone has to integrate to their culture and not the other way around

• Upvote 2

Guest Triple XXX

anyways

Foreign workers

funny you would say that when in Spain you have whole communities of English people who have settled by the coast and have not made a single effort to integrate into Spanish culture.... they have their own bars,cafes, shops and dont bother to learn a word of Spanish

the hypocrisy of English white people always makes me laugh....you just have to see them on holiday to realise that they believe that everyone has to integrate to their culture and not the other way around

lol trust its funny

all these people are jus a giant walkin oxymoron

anyways

Foreign workers

This story is from Germany, i don't like the way you're using the term "english white ppl" either we don't all think like that, although to be fair i must be pretty ignorant myself because i had no idea Nigeria was gonna be a world super power within the next 10 yrs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

would help if white people didnt move out an area every time an ethnic person moves onto there road

• Upvote 6

anyways

Foreign workers

This story is from Germany, i don't like the way you're using the term "english white ppl" either we don't all think like that, although to be fair i must be pretty ignorant myself because i had no idea Nigeria was gonna be a world super power within the next 10 yrs.

LMFAO

somebody actually said this?

lmfao

• Downvote 1

bet they werent moaning when their team of turks, poles and africans was deading the world cup.

1 turk

1 half turk

2 poles

1 half ghanaian

/

dunno why people in here are making posts as if they know better than the German president what the state of multiculturalism is in Germany, and how well integrated Turkish Muslims are...some of you sound hurt

Guest Esquilax

bet they werent moaning when their team of turks, poles and africans was deading the world cup.

1 turk

1 half turk

2 poles

1 half ghanaian

/

dunno why people in here are making posts as if they know better than the German president what the state of multiculturalism is in Germany, and how well integrated Turkish Muslims are...some of you sound hurt

You can see why some heads on here would be wildly sickened by the idea of multiculturalism being challenged tbh

anyways

Foreign workers

LMFAO

somebody actually said this?

lmfao

The world bank..... you should try and read more my son

anyways

Foreign workers

This is about Germany's chancellor.

Has NOTHING to do with English people migrating to Spain.

would help if white people didnt move out an area every time an ethnic person moves onto there road

They dont.

They move out of their areas when the crime rates begin to rocket and they are alienated by the local "culture".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

people are using the same analogy with british people and german people because its the same issues surrounding multiculturalism that affect both countries. the same reasons why multiculturalism is deemed to be a "failure" (when it suits them) in germany are the same here.

multiculturalism fails cos both countries think that they can just ghettoise people and not pay consequences.

people are using the same analogy with british people and german people because its the same issues surrounding multiculturalism that affect both countries. the same reasons why multiculturalism is deemed to be a "failure" (when it suits them) in germany are the same here.

multiculturalism fails cos both countries think that they can just ghettoise people and not pay consequences.

what should governments "do" with immigrants then?

place them all in million pound houses in chelsea?

it's up to people to improve themselves, move up in the world. you can't sit aroudn waiting for the government to come help you. if you sit round crying about the government ghettoising you and waiting to be let in the door you're getting nowhere, you have to take it. hard-working immigrant here.

• Downvote 1

it's up to people to improve themselves, move up in the world. you can't sit aroudn waiting for the government to come help you. if you sit round crying about the government ghettoising you and waiting to be let in the door you're getting nowhere, you have to take it. hard-working immigrant here.

the white immigrants to America in the 1800's, and after 1945 integrated well didnt they. just as the continental europeans into the UK were around the same time

the reason they did this was cos their values and customs were integrated into society, and they had self determination of their affairs to an extent, and this integration was emphasised by these immigrants being able to attain political status, and progress in all levels of society like everyone else.

the govts know whats they need to do, but are not prepared to do it cos deep down theyre just as prejudiced as they were 500yrs ago. just smarter about it now. the whole concept of acting like they are DOING something for them is the main reason why its failing.

immigrants dont need you to do sh*t for them, let them get a job, and let them progress in life not always suspicious of their religion, culture, accent and skin color, stop playing divide and rule amongst them and you wont have problems.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the white immigrants to America in the 1800's, and after 1945 integrated well didnt they. just as the continental europeans into the UK were around the same time

the reason they did this was cos their values and customs were integrated into society, and they had self determination of their affairs to an extent, and this integration was emphasised by these immigrants being able to attain political status, and progress in all levels of society like everyone else.

the govts know whats they need to do, but are not prepared to do it cos deep down theyre just as prejudiced as they were 500yrs ago. just smarter about it now.

firstly, yes, the white immigrants to america did integrate very well

largely due to the fact that if they didn't, they'd be out on the street...no welfare system to survive on if you didn't learn the language or adapt to the culture. also the fact that most of them went to america for a better life and were desperate to fit in to the "american way" and become american. since the rise of multicultural policies which say it's ok for immigrants not to conform to the common culture this has disappeared in places like germany and this is exactly what merkel is talking about reversing

secondly, irish, jewish and italian immigrants to america faced FAR more discrimination than any immigrants to the uk face today. as far as i know somalians aren't banned from working in certain professions, or have companies refuse to hire them etc etc

thirdly, re: your edit.. no sob story but my family came to this country from a f*ck*ng shithole when i was 6 years old with not much money and barely speaking the language. i consider myself english, have done pretty well in school, and gone to uni and am grateful for a lot of thing to this country and all the rest. i don't need you to tell me what I should do or think about immigrants. also there are really very few barriers to success deliberately put in place to block people from any background to success these days, that's a poor excuse. crying about how the government "is just as prejudiced as it was 500 years ago" is some laughably bullshit attitude.

• Upvote 2

lol trust its funny

all these people are jus a giant walkin oxymoron