£200 to be sterilised if you're a drug addict

Guest Triple XXX

Guest Triple XXX
Drug addicts across the UK are being offered money to be sterilised by an American charity.

Project Prevention is offering to pay £200 to any drug user in London, Glasgow, Bristol, Leicester and parts of Wales who agrees to be operated on.

The first person in the UK to accept the cash is drug addict "John" from Leicester who says he "should never be a father".

The move has been criticised by some drug charities who work with addicts.

'Bribery'

Project Prevention founder Barbara Harris admitted her methods amounted to "bribery" but said it was the only way to stop babies being physically and mentally damaged by drugs during pregnancy.

Drug treatment charity Addaction estimates one million children in the UK are living with parents who abuse drugs.

Pregnant addicts can pass on dependency to the unborn child, leading to organ and brain damage.

Mrs Harris set up her charity in North Carolina after adopting the children of a crack addict.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11545519

tbh certain chicks should be gettin this

disagree with this

it is ridiculous, just giving up on people

offer them money which they will obviously spend on drugs to be sterilised

how can someone be offered this type of treatment, when they are not in the correct frame of mind to make such a drastic decision

• Upvote 4

i would rather the dealers be sterilised tbh but hey

the sort of individual that would damage their child thru drugs would damage them in another way even if drugs werent there.

very thin end of the wedge imo, you know what crack does to individuals/families/communities.

selling the poison that ppl damn themselves with is having a hand in there destruction, not righteous.

/

this is wrong.

• Upvote 2

this made me laugh... I kno ppl get hooked on stuff and get desperate.. but whoever takes the £200 to let some back alley doctor who got his medical license off the back of a match box in the middle east operate on their fun zone is a f*ckin mug!!!

wouldn't be suprised if bare stories surface of all these degenerate scum bags od'ing...

normally I wouldn't agree with this as its bribery and catching ppl at their lowest, but I saw trainspotting 3/4 days ago and the dead baby they shown in that film sent chils down my spine and actually made my eye's water so yh, f*ck addicts who have kids

Guest WAVESURFER

This is disgraceful IMO.

Rather than working with these people and helping them in the event that they have children, they're taking the cheap and easy option of flinging them a paltry sum (which they'll obviously blow on drugs) to eliminate the possibility. It's disgusting. Can't believe they have the cheek to call themselves a charity.

By removing the possibility of these people having kids, which can often be the kick up the arse they need to help them sort their lives out and get themselves clean, it's destroying any chance for them to have a reason to live to come into their lives, thereby removing what could be the biggest chance they have of getting clean.

Also, does this only apply to people who are addicted to illegal drugs? What about the thousands of people in this country addicted to prescription drugs? Are they gonna be offered £200 to be sterilised too?

It's a f*ck*ng joke.

Guest Esquilax

the sort of individual that would damage their child thru drugs would damage them in another way even if drugs werent there.

very thin end of the wedge imo, you know what crack does to individuals/families/communities.

selling the poison that ppl damn themselves with is having a hand in there destruction, not righteous.

/

this is wrong.

wot im sayin is crack doesnt necessarily make these individuals the wrong uns we know them as. if it wasnt crack it would be alcohol or woteva woteva.

certain ppl cop a 1 on 1 every day jus as a little something to unwind with or woteva. u dont HAVE to end up like the crack head stereotype

Exactly

It's highly unlikely that that everyone who smokes crack or shoots up is dangerous

This is more the case with things like cocaine and cannabis however.

/

this is wrong.

wot im sayin is crack doesnt necessarily make these individuals the wrong uns we know them as. if it wasnt crack it would be alcohol or woteva woteva.

certain ppl cop a 1 on 1 every day jus as a little something to unwind with or woteva. u dont HAVE to end up like the crack head stereotype

you have a point, these ppl have entered cycles of self destruction, and there are many ways to destroy urself in gomorah.

shotting a little marching powder to sum students doesnt necessarily reserve u a pit in the inferno ofc,

but if u sell the ruff stuff, i dont want to hear that i jus help ppl unwind evr1 wants a good time bs.

a crackman is an enslaver of ppl, a disease that feeds on a disease. he knows wot he does, but values currency over life. he is lost.

• Upvote 1

Guest Esquilax

/

this is wrong.

you have a point, these ppl have entered cycles of self destruction, and there are many ways to destroy urself in gomorah.

shotting a little marching powder to sum students doesnt necessarily reserve u a pit in the inferno ofc,

but if u sell the ruff stuff, i dont want to hear that i jus help ppl unwind evr1 wants a good time bs.

a crackman is an enslaver of ppl, a disease that feeds on a disease. he knows wot he does, but values currency over life. he is lost.

Are you for or against legalisation?