£200 to be sterilised if you're a drug addict

Guest Triple XXX

2bh if anyone would consider taking £200 in the short term to sacrifice the chance of ever having kids I would rather they be given that choice...what sort of parent or potential parent makes that decision. Regardless of "what if they were high". In the absence of a counter offer which could be something like offering them financial incentives (which I still wouldn't agree with) in order to pass rehab programs, long term, it's a tricky one.

Guest Triple XXX

I would take the £200 straight away tbh, i definitely dont want kids so i would take the money. If someone offered me an oz of blue cheese now to be sterilised i would take it. I have no interest or plans to have children so the money / weed would just be a bonus.

LMAO

guess theres always adoption if u change ur mind

This is disgraceful IMO.

Rather than working with these people and helping them in the event that they have children, they're taking the cheap and easy option of flinging them a paltry sum (which they'll obviously blow on drugs) to eliminate the possibility. It's disgusting. Can't believe they have the cheek to call themselves a charity.

By removing the possibility of these people having kids, which can often be the kick up the arse they need to help them sort their lives out and get themselves clean, it's destroying any chance for them to have a reason to live to come into their lives, thereby removing what could be the biggest chance they have of getting clean.

Also, does this only apply to people who are addicted to illegal drugs? What about the thousands of people in this country addicted to prescription drugs? Are they gonna be offered £200 to be sterilised too?

It's a f*ck*ng joke.

This.