Social housing budget to be cut by more than 50 per cent, BBC learns

Angelo

While I'm suffering I'll still find the energy to shake my head at those single mothers etc who are gonna be hardest hit over the next few years who most probably thought: "That David Cameron seems like a nice fella, he's got my vote".

The Lib Dems are another story. Completely selling out everything they ever stood for to hitch a ride in government cars and to finally wipe their arses with 2 ply toilet roll. Bastards.

basically a government makes legislation and passes it thru parliament, members of parliament then vote for or against the legislation. this is why a government needs a decent majority, or they will never pass legislation. the conservatives currently rely on the support of the lib dems to get the majority vote on things they're tryna get done. you will have ppl within the lib dem party called 'whips' who will encourage members to not vote against stuff cameron trying to get thru parliment.

however a lot of lib dem guys are very much to the left of cameron and will not feel comfortable with the coalition and stuff like cutting the social housing budget, they may start to vote against government legislation. Labour members will obv be voting against a lot of cameron's legislation.

iirc if the government fails to pass several major pieces legislation they have to call a vote of confidence, basically members of parliament would vote if they have confidence in the government. If a lot of lib dems switched allegiance this could mean a majority vote of non-confidence and cameron would have to call a general election immediately.

i voted conservative. there was a need for a change, labour's legacy of everyone and anyone getting everything for free is only more damaging in the long term than not. theres no point taxing everyone else so that 40% of others dont need to do anything for the rest of their childbearing lives.

obviously, im sure the cons will go overboard with some things, just as labour did, but a change in direction was needed. its the people who voted libdems who should be really pissed.

• Downvote 11

Guest WAVESURFER

i voted conservative. there was a need for a change, labour's legacy of everyone and anyone getting everything for free is only more damaging in the long term than not. theres no point taxing everyone else so that 40% of others dont need to do anything for the rest of their childbearing lives.

obviously, im sure the cons will go overboard with some things, just as labour did, but a change in direction was needed. its the people who voted libdems who should be really pissed.

Surprise, surprise.

• Upvote 2

basically a government makes legislation and passes it thru parliament, members of parliament then vote for or against the legislation. this is why a government needs a decent majority, or they will never pass legislation. the conservatives currently rely on the support of the lib dems to get the majority vote on things they're tryna get done. you will have ppl within the lib dem party called 'whips' who will encourage members to not vote against stuff cameron trying to get thru parliment.

however a lot of lib dem guys are very much to the left of cameron and will not feel comfortable with the coalition and stuff like cutting the social housing budget, they may start to vote against government legislation. Labour members will obv be voting against a lot of cameron's legislation.

iirc if the government fails to pass several major pieces legislation they have to call a vote of confidence, basically members of parliament would vote if they have confidence in the government. If a lot of lib dems switched allegiance this could mean a majority vote of non-confidence and cameron would have to call a general election immediately.

they will be whippin real hard to prevent this from happenin

_482565_conservative_quote.gif

your party yh?

how many black labour candidates have done anything in the labour party? end of the day, from a personal level i dont need any govt, labour or cons to make my life any better. pple rely on govt too much.

Imagine if you hadn't been born with a silver fork up your ass, your mum had no husband and in 4 months time had to move to somewhere in the sticks because she couldn't afford to keep the house you live in now.

Some stupid ass post Carpe. I had you down as other bad things but not stupid bro

• Downvote 1

your party yh?

u gt the full article for that?

article is a general one on race relations and just mentions that slogan in passing.

but it was during the 1964 election, Peter Griffiths, the tory candidate for smethwick used it as part of his campaign, it was printed on leaflets i believe, he went on to win the seat.

Got to hand it to the man. He knew his audience.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Guest WAVESURFER

your party yh?

how many black labour candidates have done anything in the labour party? end of the day, from a personal level i dont need any govt, labour or cons to make my life any better. pple rely on govt too much.

Imagine if you hadn't been born with a silver fork up your ass, your mum had no husband and in 4 months time had to move to somewhere in the sticks because she couldn't afford to keep the house you live in now.

Some stupid ass post Carpe. I had you down as other bad things but not stupid bro

Carpe is a typical selfish Tory c*nt, it's all "me, me, me" with these bastards.

"From a personal level" is right, that's the only level you greedy bastards can ever think on.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

your party yh?

Carpe is a typical selfish Tory c*nt, it's all "me, me, me" with these bastards.

"From a personal level" is right, that's the only level you greedy bastards can ever think on.

Spot on, but to be honest i'm surprised that carpe voted Conservative.

Guest Triple XXX

"we're all in this together" ..........LOL what a pisstake

everytime one of those elitist f*cks says this i jus wanna punch them in the face

one of the richest cabinets ever n theyre tryna go on like they know what the ordinary dude on the street is goin through

and of course when they fail theyll blame the previous government

• Upvote 1

lol cameron is going in

i'm in 2 minds about his plans though

on one hand removing this reliance on welfare lifestyle that some people have, and removing the idea that people are ENTITLED to state benefits is good

on the other hand, my parents live in "social housing"

• Downvote 4