Sorry Honey, I lost the ticket

carpedeum

A pensioner claims that she is the winner of the Euromillions jackpot - but that her husband binned the winning £113million ticket.

The elderly woman, from Coventry, Warwickshire, where the winning ticket is rumoured to have been bought, said her husband had taken the ticket off her for safekeeping - and then lost it.

And she is naturally furious with him for throwing away their chance of scooping Britain's biggest ever lottery jackpot.

The woman, who is in her 70s, said she always notes down the lottery numbers she has played as her husband has a habit of losing tickets.

She said: 'I was so angry with him when he told me he didn't have the ticket. I couldn't believe it when my numbers matched the winning ones. I told my husband to get the ticket out and double check. That's when he told me he had binned it.'

The couple, who are both retired and have been married for more than 50 years, would be raking in £8,000 a day in interest if they had banked the mind-boggling jackpot.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1321830/Euromillions-pensioner-claims-won-lottery-jackpot-husband-binned-ticket.html#comments#ixzz12pWXXr5Z

if this is true, as they are an elderly couple, they can laugh it off. imagine it was a younger couple.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...s#ixzz12pWHSN00

nah, i think the older you get, especially at that age, you're perspective on life is different.

you know if they were in their 30's the woman would already have taken some stuff to her mum's, probably the end of the marriage.

the mother in law will drive them apart.. lol, it could be made into a movie.

chattin sh*t

good idea though, now u can get Ps from newspapers n magazines by retelling ur story n sh*t

even TV

wish id thought of that

retelling their story? i don't think OK magazine r gonna offer them anything for that excloos interview.

Guest Triple XXX

chattin sh*t

good idea though, now u can get Ps from newspapers n magazines by retelling ur story n sh*t

even TV

wish id thought of that

retelling their story? i don't think OK magazine r gonna offer them anything for that excloos interview.

maybe not a cover story on OK but im sure sh*t like now n them other weekly bitch magazines would be on it

Camelot would not confirm if the unnamed woman, in her 70s, had found the ticket. She said: ‘I checked my notepad where I write down my lottery numbers every week after I read in the paper that the winning ticket was bought in Coventry.’ ‘I couldn’t believe it when I realised that my numbers matched the winning ones. ‘I told my husband to get the ticket out and double check. But that’s when he told me that he’d binned it. I play every week. I play the lottery, the EuroMillions and the Thunderball but my husband takes the ticket off me and I don’t see it again.

‘That’s why I always write my numbers down. I went down to the newsagent and showed him my pad. He said, “My God! You’re a winner!” but I said, “I’m not a winner – the ticket has been binned”. ‘I’ve turned the house upside down. I’ve looked in his pockets and in my bag and everywhere. ‘I’ve said to my husband, “You’re never going to get another ticket off me”.

‘He loses everything I give him. Only last night I found a lottery ticket that had won £10 in the bin.’

Hmmm :/

She sounds nuts. Your husband loses everything but you still give him the tickets?

this has happened before and camelot didnt pay out.....the couple were able to prove they bought the ticket at the correct time at the right newsagents but they threw away the ticket by mistake......BBC news actually filmed them at the local rubbish landfill trying to find the ticket...

all i know is if my misses threw away a 113 million ticket i would end up doing bird....real talk