FIFA Ballon D'or

Guest Portuguese

Guest Portuguese

At Last they have merged both awards(For me personally Ballon D'or has always been the one)

World Player of the Year nominees: Xabi Alonso (Spain), Daniel Alves (Brazil), Iker Casillas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast), Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon), Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Diego Forlan (Uruguay), Asamoah Gyan (Ghana), Andres Iniesta (Spain), Julio Cesar (Brazil), Miroslav Klose (Germany), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Maicon (Brazil), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Muller (Germany), Mesut Ozil (Germany), Carles Puyol (Spain), Arjen Robben (Holland), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Wesley Sneijder (Holland), David Villa (Spain) and Xavi (Spain).

World Coach of the Year nominees: Carlo Ancelotti (Chelsea), Vicente del Bosque (Spain), Sir Alex Ferguson (Manchester United), Pep Guardiola, Joachim Low (Germany), Jose Mourinho (Inter Milan/Real Madrid), Oscar Tabarez (Uruguay), Louis Van Gaal (Bayern Munich), Bert van Marwijk (Holland) and Arsene Wenger (Arsenal).

My Choices

1. Andres Iniesta

2. Wesley Sneijder

3. Lionel Messi

1. Vicente Del Bosque

2. Jose Mourinho

3. Joachim Low

1. Xavi

2. Messi

3. Sneijder/Drogba/Forlan

1. Mourinho

2. Oscar Tabarez

3. Ancelotti

Rooney and MIlito not being on the list is laughable.

Del Bosque doesn't deserve it. What did he really do? 7 out of the 11 which started the final play together at club level. Spain had the best squad by a mile. Any decent manager would have led them to glory.

Guest Portuguese

Milito I am very surprised about also Pedro who has had a special calendar year.

The winner is going to be Spanish because history says so.

98-Zidane

02-Ronaldo

06-Cannavaro

LOL @ picking Iniesta over Xavi for the year/season just gone. I'd arguably pick Sneijder over Iniesta too.

Just cos he scored the winning goal in the WC. Guy spent most of the season injured

Messi is EASILY the player of last season. Sneider deserves it more than Iniesta too

Trust.

Messi

Xavi

Sneijder

All 3 could win it & deserve it.

Guest Blue State Of Mind

Now i'm convinced people don't watch these players in other leagues like La Liga/Serie A through the course of the season and just manage to catch the occasional big game here and there. How can you pick Iniesta a player who was injured for alot of the last season over Messi or even Sneijder for that matter?

Guest Portuguese

Seriously some posters don't seem to understand the fact this year's edition of the Ballon D'or falls on World Cup year.

If you been watching football before 1998 then you will whatever happened during the club season becomes irrelevant.

97/98 Ronaldo was the best player in the world but Zidane scores two goals in the world cup final wins the Ballon D'or

01/02 Ronaldo only plays seven games(that's seven in two years) but he scores eight goals at the world cup(two in the final like Zidane) which helps him win the Ballon D'or

05/06 Cannavaro has horrible club season with Juve but he captains his country to the World Cup which leads to him to win the Ballon D'or.

Guest Portuguese

Seriously some posters don't seem to understand the fact this year's edition of the Ballon D'or falls on World Cup year.

If you been watching football before 1998 then you will whatever happened during the club season becomes irrelevant.

97/98 Ronaldo was the best player in the world but Zidane scores two goals in the world cup final wins the Ballon D'or

01/02 Ronaldo only plays seven games(that's seven in two years) but he scores eight goals at the world cup(two in the final like Zidane) which helps him win the Ballon D'or

05/06 Cannavaro has horrible club season with Juve but he captains his country to the World Cup which leads to him to win the Ballon D'or.

Guest Portuguese

Now i'm convinced people don't watch these players in other leagues like La Liga/Serie A through the course of the season and just manage to catch the occasional big game here and there. How can you pick Iniesta a player who was injured for alot of the last season over Messi or even Sneijder for that matter?

This clearly isn't aimed at me It just can't be.

<_<

iniesta was spains best player every match

he and villa held it up for them through the early stages

xavi wasnt near them 2

and im sure in many topics last season a few of us were saying iniesta>messi (form wise and who barca missed more when they were inj)