FIFA Ballon D'or

Guest Portuguese

HE doesnt have flair loool...im not knockin him,i tend to like when players get on wid wat they spose to do.......valencia will always take it to the by line,hes an old fashioned winger

To beat a man needs flair, to have that knack of outwitting your marker is flair boss.

Ashley Young can't do what Valencia does game after game, even Nani can't, it is not easy.

Flair isn't only stepovers and backheels.

famm thats not flair.......bales kick and rush is not flair,bale beats his man(homo jokes aside)all the time...valencia stops his run then quickly starts it again...thats not flair

This

You man don't understand what flair is. Flair is the ability to do something unexpected that leads to something game changing. I.E an assist or goal. Beating your man is not really flair. Flair is when someone picks up the ball 30 yards out and lashes it in the top bag. Or is surrounded by 3 man and ghosts them all and plays through a nice assist or scores themselves. Or even seeing a pass that nobody else sees immediately that splits defence and ends up in a goal. Beating your man as a winger in a one on one or putting in a decent cross when you have time and space isn't flair. It's what you're supposed to do.

/.

Classic bit of flair is that banger cr7 scored for united against Porto in CL. Or some of the through balls xavi and iniesta play that have man gasping when they see packed out defences parting like like the red sea.

HE doesnt have flair loool...im not knockin him,i tend to like when players get on wid wat they spose to do.......valencia will always take it to the by line,hes an old fashioned winger

To beat a man needs flair, to have that knack of outwitting your marker is flair boss.

Ashley Young can't do what Valencia does game after game, even Nani can't, it is not easy.

famm thats not flair.......bales kick and rush is not flair,bale beats his man(homo jokes aside)all the time...valencia stops his run then quickly starts it again...thats not flair

This

You man don't understand what flair is. Flair is the ability to do something unexpected that leads to something game changing. I.E an assist or goal. Beating your man is not really flair. Flair is when someone picks up the ball 30 yards out and lashes it in the top bag. Or is surrounded by 3 man and ghosts them all and plays through a nice assist or scores themselves. Or even seeing a pass that nobody else sees immediately that splits defence and ends up in a goal. Beating your man as a winger in a one on one or putting in a decent cross when you have time and space isn't flair. It's what you're supposed to do.

/.

Classic bit of flair is that banger cr7 scored for united against Porto in CL. Or some of the through balls xavi and iniesta play that have man gasping when they see packed out defences parting like like the red sea.

Completely agree however I'd argue surely even though that's his job description, a winger must still have flair to beat his marker time after time like Valencia does.

You know why I can't full-on accept certain man's opinion on players of previous eras?

Purely because firstly, at the age you guys were at the time, you didn't have access to as much football as we have today & even if you DID, there's no way your understanding of the game at f*ck*ng 9 years old was as thorough as it is at 25.

I got 90's babies trying to school me about Hristo Stoichkov. f*ckOUTTAHERE.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This

/.

lol flair has nothing to do with scoring from distance

It all to do with elegance and the way you play the game. David Ginola is the definition of flair

Guest Portuguese

Kahn. 2001-2003

Cafu. 2002-2004

Nesta(98-03)

Thuram 2000-2004

Carlos. 2000-2007

Makelele 2002-2006

Zidane. 2000-2006

Rivaldo. 1999-2002

Figo. 1999-2003

Ronaldo 1997-2011

Ronaldinho 1999-

Apart from Xavi and Messi nobody playing now would get into that team

No access to much football?

Speak for yourself

If you think the players are listed in my first eleven were not world beaters and legends of the game

I never mentioned Stochikov.

What you said about Zidane but your a big fan of VDV e Gourcuff

:/

Highlight where I said they weren't world beaters & legends of the game & I'll PayPal £100 by 9pm tonight.

I said in TODAY's game, certain players, primarily TRADITIONAL playmakers, wouldn't be as dominant. Not because of talent, but because of STYLE. I know your English isn't your 1st language hence comprehension being a minor issue but there's a distinct difference in what YOU'RE implying & what I SAID.

Firstly, the fact you mentioned VDV & Gourcuff is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Incredibly talented #10's who haven't/won't make it at the TOP level because they don't FIT in today's systems. Hence why VDV was shunned at Real Madrid & why Sneijder is Holland's #10.

And stop taking every comment like a little bitch, I didn't say YOU were talking about Stoichkov, the other user posted about him.

• Upvote 2

Guest Portuguese

Number 10's have become false number 9's

Plus Zidane played from the left and roamed but never was he allowed to play off the number 9

I'm only going off a vague memory but didn't he used to operate off the main striker for France bar World Cup 2002 & Euro 2004?

Yeah for France he did because they played one up top until Henry-Trezeguet partnership

But for Real he always played on the left it was always strictly 4-4-2 then Beckham was signed we played with one holding midfielder which meant Zidane was in a two man midfield

MK serious question do you think Xavi or Iniesta could cope in a two man midfield(not together I mean one of them and say Busquets)?

This

/.

It all to do with elegance and the way you play the game. David Ginola is the definition of flair

Great shout.

But David Ginola's main attribute was his ability to beat men, sure Valencia ain't as pretty on the ball but what world are we living in when being able to beat 2 or 3 man like Valencia can, isn't classed as flair?

You know why I can't full-on accept certain man's opinion on players of previous eras?

Purely because firstly, at the age you guys were at the time, you didn't have access to as much football as we have today & even if you DID, there's no way your understanding of the game at f*ck*ng 9 years old was as thorough as it is at 25.

I got 90's babies trying to school me about Hristo Stoichkov. f*ckOUTTAHERE.

Back in the day I would see sh*t I couldn't even dream of doing

ie: Ginola's goal in Europe when he kneed it RF, took it over the defender RF and hit it top bins LF.

ie: Bergkamp's control and goal against Argentina.

ie: Cantona's 1 touch control up in the air outside of the box and top corner against Wimbledon.

This is stuff you used to go and practice in your garden or the park, you don't see supreme tech like that in this day and age.

• Upvote 1

kaka didnt fulfill his potential...such a shame

http://youtu.be/CYDUo41Mr-4

I love that goal, Messi fully had to watch the great man accelerate from him lmfao.

Must have hurt.

:lol: epic, was at the game, when he picked up the ball and started running towards our end every1 was like fackk

Then when it went in, I was running around the north bank like:

tumblr_lg0ftnrSDl1qdg2so.gif

Highlight where I said they weren't world beaters & legends of the game & I'll PayPal £100 by 9pm tonight.

I said in TODAY's game, certain players, primarily TRADITIONAL playmakers, wouldn't be as dominant. Not because of talent, but because of STYLE. I know your English isn't your 1st language hence comprehension being a minor issue but there's a distinct difference in what YOU'RE implying & what I SAID.

Firstly, the fact you mentioned VDV & Gourcuff is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Incredibly talented #10's who haven't/won't make it at the TOP level because they don't FIT in today's systems. Hence why VDV was shunned at Real Madrid & why Sneijder is Holland's #10.

And stop taking every comment like a little bitch, I didn't say YOU were talking about Stoichkov, the other user posted about him.

No no no

VDV and Gourcouf haven't made it cos they're not as good as YOU think. Hence why VDV plays for Tottenham and Gourcuff plays in the french league

You always make room for top players

Number 10's have become false number 9's

Plus Zidane played from the left and roamed but never was he allowed to play off the number 9

Zidane was a midfielder, I don't really consider him a number 10 in terms of position

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This

/.

Great shout.

But David Ginola's main attribute was his ability to beat men, sure Valencia ain't as pretty on the ball but what world are we living in when being able to beat 2 or 3 man like Valencia can, isn't classed as flair?

But look at the way he used to beat man. That's the difference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q0fPoTupd0