FIFA Ballon D'or

Guest Portuguese

FIFA World XI: Casillas / Maicon, Lucio, Pique, Puyol / Xavi, Iniesta, Sneijder / Ronaldo, Messi, Villa

Im not saying NOTHING. Im just sayin...

/

Cant really argue with Messi tbh but Xavi pretty much dictates the play for the two best teams in the world.

Xavi>>>

What a sick head.

I'm not saying nothing i;m just saying..... how the f*ck does Casillas get in the team of the year?

And why is Puyol in the team of the year ahead if Thiago Silva?

• Downvote 3

Guest Klitschko

You should know by now winning major tournaments (or having strong tournaments) always puts you ahed of other contenders.

For this reason I was sure Iniesta would have gotten the award. And I really wanted Xavi to, due to his advancing years.

World cup winning captain that's how!

That team tells me the best "footballers" ply their trade in Spain as usual.

But he hasn't been the best goalkeeper though?

By your logic Messi shouldn't be winning the Ballon D'or and Iniesta should of got it instead for being a world cup winning player who scored in the final.

• Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

No that's the only reason I can think of because this guy hasn't been good since the euros.

Why else would he be there?

Furthermore Iker isn't even one of the best keepers in La Liga let alone the world.

• Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Five? That's pushing it there is only three I would class as the best.

Valdes/Lopez/Iriazoz

Then the second tier likes of Alves,Iker, De Gea

Then your left with Palop,Cesar,Ricardo meh.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Klitschko

Iker Casillias is overrated, however Mourhino seems to do a very good job of improving goalkeepers and building on their solid foundation.

It may be an Andy Gray spawned phrase that people don't like, but Iker certainly wouldn't do well away at the Britannia.

Very disappointed Xavi didn't win it.

The pros that vote don't know what they're doing most of the time so doesn't even surprise me.

Your acting like them voting for Messi is dubious lol, he has been better than Xavi for me.

If i had to choose Sneijder would win it for me though, but for some reason he didn't even make the top 3.

• Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Iker Casillias is overrated, however Mourhino seems to do a very good job of improving goalkeepers and building on their solid foundation.

It may be an Andy Gray spawned phrase that people don't like, but Iker certainly wouldn't do well away at the Britannia.

What in a pre-season game?

The pros that vote don't know what they're doing most of the time so doesn't even surprise me.

Your acting like them voting for Messi is dubious lol, he has been better than Xavi for me.

If i had to choose Sneijder would win it for me though, but for some reason he didn't even make the top 3.

:/

Xavi IMO, embodied what winning these awards are about. Individual brilliance combined with team success. In that respect, he deserves it more than Messi & Iniesta. Guy RUNS Barcelona & Spain. He's the best playmaker of our generation second only to say, Zidane & will go down as probably the best TBH.

Plus, he isn't getting any older so it's a shame.

Guest Portuguese

La Liga XI would look like this

Valdes

Alves

Pique

Puyol

Filipe

Xabi

Xavi

Iniesta

Messi

Villa

Ronaldo

La Liga 2nd XI

Lopez

Ramos

Pepe

Carvalho

Abidal

Busquets

Banega

Kaka

Pedro

Aguero

Forlan

La Liga 3rd XI would look like this

Iraizoz

Bruno

Milito

Albiol

Marcelo

Javi Martinez

Tiago

Ozil

Carzola

Llorente

Higuian

Shout outs to Iker De Gea Lass Keita Mata Nilmar Borja Boita Rossi Reyes Kanoute Fabiano Navas Perotti Adruiz Ruiz Osvaldo Bojan Benzema Di Maria PedroLeon

Guest Portuguese

:/

Xavi IMO, embodied what winning these awards are about. Individual brilliance combined with team success. In that respect, he deserves it more than Messi & Iniesta. Guy RUNS Barcelona & Spain. He's the best playmaker of our generation second only to say, Zidane & will go down as probably the best TBH.

Plus, he isn't getting any older so it's a shame.

This

Xavi has more vision but Zidane I am saying nothing(no words)

Guest Klitschko

If he was in the Premier League he would be sorely tested. Simply because it would be too physical for him.

Aside from him being small for a keeper (5'11, certainly not 6'1)

He is very erratic, doesn't have great control of his area, is lacking aerially, has suspect kicking, under pressure or otherwise. Amazing reaction keeper and certainly makes saves he has no right to make, but is quite weak in other fundamental areas of goalkeeping.

When he first broke through he was a brilliant goalkeeper but one that needed polishing, he made the sort of mistakes that come from poor decision making and inexperience, the problem is he hasn't really grown out of them.

Guest Portuguese

If he was in the Premier League he would be sorely tested. Simply because it would be too physical for him.

Aside from him being small for a keeper (about 5'11 - certainlt not 6'1)

He is very erratic, doesn't have great control of his area, is lacking aerially, has suspect kicking, under pressure or otherwise. Amazing reaction keeper and certainly makes saves he has no right to make, but is quite weak in other fundamental areas of goalkeeping.

C/S you have just summed up Iker in a nutshell WOW I can't really add anything to this.

The only people who rate Iker are the media/women and guys who only watch when a major tournament is on.

Valdes would struggle as well as Lopez I think every keeper I have seen in my life time would struggle apart from Buffon,Schmeichel,Kahn.