THE OFFICAL ARSENAL F.C THREAD

Guest TulseHill8T8

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol arsenal would get ran out of north london if they try that sh*t againwernt even arsenal fans was pissed rednecks brewing about leeds fans getting moved to

Guest TulseHill8T8

REAL IN A ã15M BID FOR GALLASEXCLUSIVEBy John Cross 24/04/2007WILLIAM GALLAS is on Real Madrid's summer hit-list of transfer targets - and Arsenal may face a battle to keep him because of the boardroom power struggle.Real Madrid sporting director Predrag Mijatovic wants Gallas and is ready to make a ã15m offer for the French defender who has endured a frustrating first season at Arsenal.Mijatovic will make a formal enquiry for the 29-year-old when the clubs meet within the next few weeks to discuss the futures of Julio Baptista and Jose Antonio Reyes.AdvertisementGallas joined Arsenal last summer in the ã20m part-exchange deal which took Ashley Cole to Chelsea. The transfer was brokered by vicechairman David Dein who was last week ousted from the club.It is believed that Gallas was one of the players prepared to take part in a show of strength from the first team squad to the board to make it clear they were not happy at Dein's departure.Gallas has always been fiercely ambitious and a big offer from Spanish superpowers Real Madrid may be tempting with Arsenal currently in a state of turmoil.Versatile Gallas, who can play anywhere along the back four, has also gone from being at Chelsea - currently chasing four trophies - to Arsenal whose season has long since been over.Gallas enjoyed a bright start to his Arsenal career but injuries and a drop in form have left him frustrated.

Guest TulseHill8T8
US tycoon upset after attack by Arsenal chairmanLast updated at 10:39am on 24th April 2007Stan Kroenke has been left "unimpressed" by Peter Hill-Wood's startlingly vocal opposition to the possibility of him buying Arsenal.The Gunners chairman's controversial comments about the US sports tycoon last week were greeted with alarm and dismay when they were relayed to Kroenke in America. stankroenke468x651qy8.jpgThe Emirates Stadium chairman claimed, when asked about Kroenke launching a takeover bid, that "we don't need his money and don't need his sort" and he knows "sweet FA about our football".Sources close to Kroenke say the billionaire businessman, who receives a daily press update from aides, was "unimpressed" when told of Hill-Wood's concerns about his nationality.Hill-Wood's ill-timed comments should not affect their agreement with the Rapids, but the club have now undoubtedly been put in an uncomfortable position.Arsenal formed a marketing agreement with Kroenke's football club, Colorado Rapids, three months ago to help develop their brand in the States.The relationship is based primarily on an exchange of commercial and coaching ideologies and the north London side have even lent their name to the inaugural Arsenal Cup, which will be hosted in Denver this summer at the Rapids' new stadium and will involve only American clubs.The Arsenal board are now waiting for Kroenke's next move.It emerged on Friday afternoon the American had increased his stake in the club to 12.19 per cent.But he had actually bought his latest batch of 577 shares - in a personal outlay costing ã4million - in four separate transactions before David Dein's shock departure last Wednesday.The slight confusion came because the full disclosure of the dealing was not made until Friday, in accordance with the rules of the Plus market exchange, which state they must be revealed when a stakeholder goes beyond the 12 per cent threshold.Intriguingly, in the three full days of trading since former vice-chairman Dein's shock exit, experts monitoring the exchange say Kroenke has not bought any more shareshillwood2468x662ds6.jpgThis lull in dealing has prompted speculation that his interest in Arsenal has cooled even though insiders still anticipate him striking up an alliance with Dein, who owns 14.6 per cent of the club.Dein is on holiday with his American wife Barbara in Miami, a trip which could provide the perfect opportunity for the two businessmen to get together and form an alliance.If they align themselves, they will be in a formidable position from which to mount a takeover bid.

boy wenger best do sum magic this summer in the transfer market cos if things dont improve next season he can pack his bags and duck out...ive had enuff off next season next season sh*t...we've been sayon that for like 3/4 years now. but to be fair we did get f*cked by injuries this season and i do have faith in wenger and the youngers

Lehmann to stay with Gunners http://www.eurosport.com/football/premiers...to1161489.shtml Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann will stay with the Gunners for another year, according to tomorrow's edition of Bild. The German shot stopper's future has been subject to much speculation this season after new contract talks had seemingly reached a stalemate, with Lehmann holding out for a two-year extension to his current deal, which expires in the summer. Arsenal have a general rule of only offering older players one-year rolling contracts, but Lehmann now seems to have accepted that policy and is set to pen a one-year extension. "I will play another year for Arsenal," the 37-year-old told the German tabloid. "This club has a great outlook. For me it's important to play Champions League." The uncertainty surrounding Lehmann's future had attracted a number of clubs, including Villarreal and Hertha Berlin, but Lehmann's belief in Arsenal's youth policy and the current rich crop of young talent at the Emirates is thought to have made him stay.

i dunno whether baptista is swag yana. ders a chance he cud fire nxt yrhe aint got the movement to play arsenal football yet. or he cud just stay sh*t its a gamble still
he is fully swag its not a gamble its throwing your money away

Lehmann: I will stay at ArsenalJens Lehmann has confirmed he will spend another season at Arsenal, rather than return to the Bundesliga.  The veteran goalkeeper's contract expires in the summer and Hertha Berlin were keen to take Lehmann back to Germany.  His future at Emirates Stadium appeared sketchy as Arsene Wenger offered a 12-month extension, while the former Borussia Dortmund shot-stopper wanted a two-year deal.  However, Lehmann is now ready to compromise by signing a one-year deal to ensure he can play in the UEFA Champions League next season.  "I will play another season for Arsenal," Lehmann told Bild. "It is a big club with sporting perspectives."  On only being offered a one-year deal, the keeper added: "That is not a problem.  "I do not necessarily have to extend for two years. For me, it depends on playing in the Champions League in the coming season.  "I wouldn't like to sit in front of the TV on Wednesdays, thinking 'I could have been there'."  Prior to reaching a decision on his future, though, Lehmann acknowledged he did consider moving back to the Bundesliga.  He said: "I had thought over a return."  

Emirates Stadium honoured in Building AwardsEmirates Stadium has been honoured in the 2007 Building Awards.Arsenalââ¬â¢s 60,000-capacity stadium scooped the Building Project of the Year Award while Sir Robert McAlpine, the company responsible for the ã275million project, won Major Contractor of the Year.Benny Kelly, construction director of Sir Robert McAlpine, was named Personality of the Year.It is the sixth time the Emirates has been honoured since construction began in February 2004.Other awards include Best Built Project Contributing to Londonââ¬â¢s Future, Mayorââ¬â¢s Award for Planning Excellence (both 2006 Planning Awards) and Best Mixed-Use Regeneration Project (Building Design Regeneration Awards 2006).
...................................................AG > Wembley !! rolleyes2.gif

Lehmann: I will stay at ArsenalJens Lehmann has confirmed he will spend another season at Arsenal, rather than return to the Bundesliga.  The veteran goalkeeper's contract expires in the summer and Hertha Berlin were keen to take Lehmann back to Germany.  His future at Emirates Stadium appeared sketchy as Arsene Wenger offered a 12-month extension, while the former Borussia Dortmund shot-stopper wanted a two-year deal.  However, Lehmann is now ready to compromise by signing a one-year deal to ensure he can play in the UEFA Champions League next season.  "I will play another season for Arsenal," Lehmann told Bild. "It is a big club with sporting perspectives."  On only being offered a one-year deal, the keeper added: "That is not a problem.  "I do not necessarily have to extend for two years. For me, it depends on playing in the Champions League in the coming season.  "I wouldn't like to sit in front of the TV on Wednesdays, thinking 'I could have been there'."  Prior to reaching a decision on his future, though, Lehmann acknowledged he did consider moving back to the Bundesliga.  He said: "I had thought over a return."  
I'm glad, now we just need to bring in a youngster like Pele or Gordon to go with him now.

I'm glad, now we just need to bring in a youngster like Pele or Gordon to go with him now.
for real gordon would be a good look