Worst footballing moment(s)

Fearless-Guy

as life is all about balance, yin and yang im offering the chance to get those most crushing, wallowing in self pity moments, off your chest

it wont be easy for some of you but it is just one of lifes facts plus its good to cleanse

for me, how fitting that one of my earliest experiences of football would be the most harrowing,

i remember i had videod it the night before and watched it in the morning before i had to go to primary skl, probably in a blur of tears

• Upvote 1

1. Getting beat by arsenal in the semi final of the FA Cup in 2001 after going 1-0 up thanks to Gary Dohertys jaw. Then Judas "injured" himself, happened to be the last ever game he played for us. How convenient.....

2. End of the 05/06 season.

3. The events during and after the N.London derby at the lane in the 03/04 season.

Theres hundreds more to be honest.

I was around 8 at the time when that happened, urgh what a horrible night it was. First time I'd seen us lose a cup final and yes the tears appeared, hated it and going to school the next day wasn't much fun.

One for me has to be losing the FA Cup final to Liverpool, had the game on lock 1-0 up then Owen grabbed 2 quick goals and nicked it from us, my jaw was on the floor in shock, just couldn't quite believe what had happen to us. What still f*cks me off to this day is we should have had a penalty!

Back in the mid 90s when we getting knocked out the FA Cup early, one to Sheff Utd think it was 1-0 might be mistaken, another to Milwall and Bolton, in general losing to lower league sides is gut wrenchingly poor.

The unbeaten run, what a way to lose it, shake my head at the game as a whole.

Oh sh*t, losing to Galatasaray in UEFA Cup final on penalties aswell.

SMH

Losing 5-1 to the scum is top 3 selected.

Keown's miss :blink: worse part I had a lot of Turkish friends most supported Gala and you can image walking into class the following day

_41656528_belleti220.jpg

Henry's miss :huh: at one point I was so convinced we were going to win it, then that happened I fell out the chair face first on to the living room floor.

As bad as these moments were I remember them clearly *sighs*

Guest Portuguese

Euro 2004 final is one moment I will never forget The greeks won the trophy in our own backyard(we created nothing that's the part what hurts more as well the best chance ever to win a international tournament this was the tournament that the golden generation were meant to step up to the plate) very sad times :'(

0.jpg

I remember going out of the FA cup to Wimbledon think it was in about 97 and Schemeichel scored a goal that got disallowed and I cried, dunno why that hit me so hard :/

Going out the Champions league group stages in 2004 or whenever that was and continually falling short year after year

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3536387.stm

Watching man like Alan Smith, David Bellion and Eric Djemba-Djemba pull on a Man Utd sh*t

The loss in form that resulted in us not winning the league in 1992 and 1999.

Our 'performance' in the 2000 FA Cup final, one of the few times I've been embarrassed to be Villa.

The 2003/04 season. Still had Doug, no money, awful season, O'Leary talking us down, attendances at a ridiculous low. Just an awful time.

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

SNM

i aint even Ghanian n i aint over it yet, so pissed

SO CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE

other than that it was 2002 ronaldinho over the head of Seaman, cnt believe i went in early in school to see it cos they had it projected in the hall n sh*t

Top 3 in no order..

1: Nayim - Such a heartbreak, I went outta da room 2 tell my mum it was going to extra time and I needed to stay up late, I come back into the room and saw Seaman on his arse & the ball in the back of the net.. I had to endure the " [insert hand flap] lets all do the seaman" chant

2: The Michael Owen Final - Dreadful end to a game we dominated, the 2nd goal was the worst, Dixon outpaced and Seaman beaten (2 slow to react if u ask me)

3: Wayne Bridge - Was at da 1st leg at the bridge 1-1, great atmosphere top game. I though we wer gna do it at home but it wernt 2be, when I close my eyes I can still see Gudjonsen nut meggin Toure and Bridge finishing it n running with his arms by his side to the chav fans with his pink face & stupid grin