Sign in to follow this  
zero1212

Bicep workout/traps

For those who do bicep curls....Do you find that your traps get a workout too, and not a little, quite alot?ive spoke to many ppl about this and they say im doing them correctly (bicep curl), its just how my body is,Even when i do push-ups i feel the workout in my traps. They seem to grow with the least amount of exercise out of any other muscle group, but i do not want big traps.my shoulders are naturally broad so from the front view i look cool but sideways i know big traps would give a curved look. Also it dont look too good in clothes/suits etc. I dont want to be too hench, just have proportionate sized muscles. But it seems that I cant get my biceps to increase without inadvertently working my trap muscles, who with just a little strain will grow quickly (wish my biceps were like this).Dont know if there is a solution to this, just putting it out there.....

when i first started going i used to get this, not so much now, ur probably bunching ur shoulders up when u lift the weight. try going lighter and concentrating on the lift, try to keep ur traps relaxed and all the tension in ur biceps

this with standing curls?sounds like ur rocking and shrugging the weight up.try preacher curls, lean into the preacher bench so u dont rock back and pull the weight up with any part of ur back.