Jack Wilshere signs new long-term contract

TF S4DK

• 4 months later...
On 07/11/2011 at 6:24 PM, TF S4DK said:
Jack Wilshere has revealed he hopes to follow in the footsteps of Tony Adams and play for Arsenal throughout his career.

The midfielder has promised to see out his playing days with the north London club, where he has been since the age of nine.

Wilshere, who is currently sidelined with an ankle injury, made his feelings for the club clear and admitted he wants to form a new dynasty at Emirates Stadium.

When asked if he wanted to remain with the Gunners 'forever', the 19-year old said: 'I promise that, yeah. I’ve been at the club since I was nine and learned to love it.

'From the [Patrick] Vieira days, to [Dennis] Bergkamp, [Cesc] Fabregas, I've watched them come through and move on. There's a crop of new players, [Aaron] Ramsey, myself, Kieran Gibbs…hopefully we can really create something special.

'I love the club and I want to be part of its future.'

Wilshere has had to sit by and watch his club struggle following the departures of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri. But after the comfortable win over West Brom, he England international hailed the performance as one of the Arsenal of old.

'We seem to get better and better every week,' he added. 'We had a bad start to the season and everyone knows that. I’m not going to lie and say we did well, we didn’t.

'The boys had to play together, they're new players some of them. We seem to be getting better and better every week.

'[Against West Brom] was probably one of our best performances. We passed it around like the old Arsenal and we seem to be back to winning ways.'

Wilshere also revealed his frustration having missed out on the whole campaign following surgery.

He added, to iFilm London: 'It's going really slow at the minute and obviously I'm really frustrated. I should be back in training by mid-December, then I can crack on and it’s up to the boss when he picks me.

'It’s massively frustrating, especially after last year when we were so close to winning a trophy. We beat Barcelona at home and everything seemed to be going well and it ended sadly.

'I was looking forward to this season, I really thought we could push on and do something. To get a setback is massively frustrating but I’ll be back in December and hopefully we can push on from then.'

Going Palace

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Drift said:

Man was talking about guaranteed first team football...  Has he seen his level of performance? Man got dropped at fucking Bournemouth ffs. Don't get his angle it's meant to be a top club, you compete for your place.

He isnt a top player to do that. Hes been riding on heart and passion rather than ability for years.

14 minutes ago, FA23 said:

He isnt a top player to do that. Hes been riding on heart and passion rather than ability for years.

Lol guy wasn't even that passionate... It's just in a squad filled with the wettest flannels in history he looked like a hardman. 

• 3 weeks later...