The Centreback Solution

YesWeCain

I said it before and I'll say it again, Djourou, good or not, STILL go and get Gary Cahill. That guy in a couple years will be the regular England Centre Back. I'm really not a big fan of ball playing defenders. We need at least one clear the ball, clear your lines defender, and Cahill would improve even more underneath Wenger.

15 mil for Cahillnah boss
Taking into the consideration of the inflation of the transfer Market: and of course hes English, England international, with alot of rumoured interest, 24 years old, club don't want to sell... 15 million is about right. Infact I would go as far as saying it would probably take 18m for Bolton to let him go.
  • Upvote 2

Aren't they in a bit of financial difficulty?TBH, for a centre back we will have for years to come, it's worth it. I can understand the Schwarzer situation coz of his age, but Cahill, go and pay it. The max is £15mil because of his clause so boy...
Not saying you're incorrect about Cahill but I recall you waxing lyrical over David Wheater for years too. And how'd things turn out for him? :ghost:p.s. I don't rate JD he's no 1st choice

Arsenal centre-back Thomas Vermaelen has been ruled out until the new year with an Achilles tendon injury.The 24-year-old has been sidelined since picking up the problem while playing for Belgium in a Euro 2012 qualifier in Turkey on 7 September.Gunners boss Arsene Wenger admitted there was "no logical explanation" for Vermaelen's prolonged absence, adding: "Vermaelen is in a [protective] boot."We want him back and I hope he will be back soon, but not before January."

Laurent Koscielny will be fit to face Partizan Belgrade. The French defender was stretchered off in the first half of Saturday’s 2-1 win over Fulham after a nasty collision with Sebastien Squillaci during the build-up to the visitors’ equaliser. But Koscielny has been cleared to make an immediate return in the Champions League and looks set to start with Johan Djourou absent, nursing a minor thigh injury. “Koscielny has been declared fit to play and will play tomorrow,” announced Arsène Wenger at his pre-match press conference.“We lose Djourou, because we are a bit cautious with him. He could have played with a risk, but we did not want to take a risk. “Emmanuel Eboue comes back into the squad, the rest will be the same against Fulham.” ‘The rest’ includes Robin van Persie, who came off the bench to set up the winning goal for Samir Nasri at the weekend. Wenger is pondering whether to play the Dutch striker from the start. “He is getting better and better and ready to start,” said the manager. “He was ready to start two weeks ago if you ask him. “He is a player who has been out for a long time and wants games. I haven’t decided the starting line-up but it is a possibility [that Van Persie will be in it].”

• 2 weeks later...
Arsenal have accepted an offer from Borussia Mönchengladbach for defender Håvard Nordtveit, Young Guns can reveal. The 19-year-old will now hold talks with the German outfit and is expected to move in the January transfer window.Ivan Gazidis has been in discussions with Nordtveit over a new contract for almost six months, as his current deal expires in July. Negotiations appeared to be coming to a close recently, with a three year extension on the table, only for them to break down. The club are now keen to offload Håvard in January and recoup some of the £1.7 million fee they paid in 2007.Nordtveit already has Bundlesliga experience, having spent last season on loan with FC Nuremberg. The defender is expected back in Germany over the weekend with agent Jim Solbakken to thrash out a deal.
Joke of a club.