Ubuntu

Black Ant

man f*ck linux

that shits confusing as f*ck

i mean im all for the freeness and i support that

but that shits hard to use

I agree it takes much longer to get simple things done...

E.g what takes 3 clicks in Windows, takes about 20 steps in linux, you need to know the right commands etc etc, just long... Don't get me wrong I love being able to customise and configure stuff, but taking all day just to work out how to install a wireless card is not what I want to spend my time doing.

Loved Xubuntu though, very nice OS but just taking the time to get stuff working is not worth it, if I had a spare laptop or old machine lying around I'd probs give it a go and practice.

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

whats hard about it?

bruv to install a program you have to have a phd in rocket science or some sh*t

configuring it is a next ting

and apart from that there aint many compatible programs and sh*t

im just too used to windows, anything different is just long, i think MS pretty much mastered the computer OS with windows tbh

whats hard about it?

bruv to install a program you have to have a phd in rocket science or some sh*t

configuring it is a next ting

and apart from that there aint many compatible programs and sh*t

im just too used to windows, anything different is just long, i think MS pretty much mastered the computer OS with windows tbh

I'd have agree'd with you if you were on about other Linux distributions, but the Ubuntu one, nah mang.

It's got an AppStore + .deb packages = like .exe. AppStore itself makes things 1000x times easier than Windows.

I also use CrossOver Linux that works with most of the apps I use, in regards to compatibility. (MS Office/Spotify/Photoshop etc.)

/

Personally since I've switched to it (deleted my Win7 on my laptop about a month ago), I couldn't be more happier.

It's fast as f*ck + certain software, like PS3MediaServer, run flawlessly compared to my Mac/Window counterparts so I can stream 1080p with no hiccups +it's sooo stable.

The whole process for installing it is easy too when you use Wubi, just a few clicks.

http://www.omgubuntu...che-to-ramdisk/

I did this the other day, made my Chrome's loading speed of pages super, super instant.

/

If you have an Android enabled device and Laptop/Netbook, tethering to Ubuntu works natively, couple the fact you have a GiffGaff (meaning no Fair Use Policy and Ulmted really means = Unlmted", you can use your phone to browse the net at 3G speed.

Ubuntu and other linux environments are very good, but I wouldnt have it as my main OS tbh but only because i cant leave windows xp lol.

Then again they use it in unis(we used fedora) and it was good, runs really fast. As said, If you got a sh*t/old laptop pc I would say install one of the more user friendly linux environments like ubunutu or opensuse, you will be able to get lots of use out of it.

Yeh it doesnt support everything right now but as its open source it continually improves. Also remember that different versions are for different purposes. Some are for high performance computing etc so they arent really user friendly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...