Passion

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

dunno if its been posted

Football pundit John Barnes left Sky Sports viewers stunned after skipping the birth of his seventh child - so he could watch his favourite team play.

The 47-year-old said he would rather sit out the second half of Liverpool's eagerly awaited Premiership clash with Chelsea.

Former Liverpool and England striker Barnes was booked as a guest to cover the match at Anfield on Sunday afternoon.

He decided to stay on air even when his wife Andrea had gone into labour.

And when the birth of baby Alexander (7lbs 2oz) was announced live, Barnes was asked if he wanted to leave.

In a response that would no doubt leave mothers across the country rolling their eyes, the undaunted dad said: "I'll stay here."

When presenter Richard Keyes said the baby's name was Alexander, Barnes joked that it might have been Fernando - referring to Liverpool striker Fernando Torres, whose goals took the side to a 2-0 lead.

After the final whistle, Keyes announced that Barnes had left for the hospital to be with Andrea and their third child together and added: "He should have gone earlier."

The Jamaican-born star clearly left on a high, though – Liverpool went on to win the match.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/John-Barnes-Birth-Football-Pundit-Stays-In-TV-Studio-To-Watch-Match-As-His-Son-His-Born/Article/201011215797296?lpos=UK_News_First_UK_News_Article_Teaser_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15797296_John_Barnes%2C_Birth%3A_Football_Pundit_Stays_In_TV_Studio_To_Watch_Match_As_His_Son_His_Born

theres a video on there.

i dnt kno man its nt really a big deal, but his wife was there all alone lol

• Downvote 2

you know. Shankley came out after and expressed his regret at saying that. And took back his comments.

in the wake of tradegies like Hillsborugh and Munich. Football can help ppl get over thingss, but being more important than life and death is questionable.

And here we are taking the quote entirely too serious. What I meant was that John Barnes obviously thought the football match had more importance at that moment than the birth of his child. hence the football being more serious quote.

I thought with it all being Liverpool related it would be obvious but I guess not. snm

• Downvote 3

No-one agrees with it to the absolute degree, but the sentiment (that football is much more than just a game) is what we co-sign.

Football is a religion tbh. Worship, bumper stickers, tshirts, place to congregate, tv channels, walk in centres (betting shops), ffs even hymns and body art.

I take football as serious as I take any other religion. It's man made so it's flawed, but it's more entertaining than the other religions I've encountered so that's me for now.

Need an example though of people taking football or sport in general too seriously? These days it's a bigger sin to change your team allegiance than it is to get divorced 3/4 times.

The slewage is immense for anyone even entertaining the idea of switching the team they support. No one says sh*t when someone remarries.

Football>>>> wife and kids.

Thats what I see from some guys in ere. They tell you your not taking it serious if you don't come from the area your teams in/from (Arsenal fans, one word "Woolwich") or you don't go to 90% of home games. Or you don't know the name of that reserve player that hasn't scored/assisted/played. Gtfo

You can't tell people football isn't as important in your life as other things when your alarms set to wake you up for Soccer Saturday, then you switch over for football focus.

• Downvote 2