OVERVIEW

Nation England

Year Founded 1885

Status Professional

Reputation Regional

World Ranking 6th

Chairman Status Loves the club

Star Players

Legends Neil Harris, Terry Hurlock, Barry Kitchener, Harry Cripps, Keith Stevens

Icons Tim Cahill

Favoured Personnel Les Briley, Paul Robinson, Alan McLeary, Steven Reid, Steve Claridge, Stuart Nethercott, Kasey Keller, Ian Dawes, Steve Gritt

Derbies East London Derby (vs West Ham)

Fierce Rivals West Ham

Other Rivals Crystal Palace, Liverpool, Leeds, Man City, Charlton, Chelsea, Gillingham

Finances Okay

Average Ticket Price £24.10

Average Season Ticket Price £321

Season Ticket Holders 6000

Estimated Value £8.5M (Loan Debt: £5M)

Continental Competition None

Media Prediction 23rd

Squad Personality Loyal

Capital City London

Region UK & Ireland

Continent Europe

Captain Paul Robinson

Vice-Captain Tony Craig

SQUAD

David Forde GK

Steve Mildenhall GK

Tamika Mkandawire SW, D ©

Tony Craig D (LC), WB (L)

Danny Shittu D ©

Darren Ward D ©

Alan Dunne D/WB ®

Scott Barron D/WB (L)

Chris Hackett D/WB/M/AM ®

Nadjim Abdou DM, M ©

Liam Trotter DM, M ©

Marc Laird M ©

James Henry M/AM ®

Danny Schofield M/AM (L)

Arnold Bruggink M/AM ©

Ashley Grimes AM ©, ST

Neil Harris ST

Steve Morison ST

Leigh Griffiths ST

( + )

Strength

Height

Stamina

( - )

Passing

Technique

Speed

TRAINING SCHEDULES

Deep Lying CB

High Lying CB

Technical FB

Athletic FB

Defensive MC

Creative MC

Winger

Target Man

Poacher

TACTICS

With that info I am looking at playing a tight nit game so their won't be much width although I have Dunne as a athletic FB which means I will probably target him with some lung bursting runs whilst Tony Craig is more technical and can stay deep whilst knocking long diagonals bypassing the midfield area.

Really I'll be focusing on using my stamina and power to my advantage which will be plenty of closing down and tight marking letting the opposition know I'm there.

The only real source of creative play will be from Leigh Grithiffs who'll have the freedom to make runs up front.

Kabous will probably patrol the midfield

MONTH 1

What happened: Not a lot really although I've sold Jack Smith for £150k which was nearly double the asking price, managed to add a little flair up front by signing Leigh Griffiths a 19 year old Scottlish lad and have found a key player from Morocco called Kaboous to bulk up my midfield only 27 and a free agent along with Arnold Bruggink who is 32 now but even if he could reproduce his old form from yesteryear once a month them points could be vital

Looking ahead: We'll I am paying out £140k per month loan repayments which isn't very clever and I have a tough run in of fixtures 4 away games out of 6 in August;

Coventry (h)

Port Vale (a)

Doncaster (a)

Ipswich (a)

Barnsley (h)

Bristol (a)

With my conservative formation I am looking at least 9 points from the 18 available.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

AUGUST RESULTS

Coventry (Home) (League)

A sell out on our opening match as the fans flocked to see new manager Salvatore Lo Piccolo take charge of his Lions, it was a bright start as Leigh Griffiths was causing trouble down the flank and managed to find Morrison who headed over from a tight angle and Millwalls period of dominance wouldn't go to spare as James Henry struck up a fantastic piece of magic down the wing to fire in a low cross for Morrison to score in the 23rd minute and that was the story of the match from the Lions, superb wing play by James Henry all day earnt him the Npower man of the match whilst young Scottish lad Leigh Griffiths was a force to be wrecked with has he drifted from his customary strikers role to the left wing and attempted 12 crosses but on completed the one and it's an area I could improve on to be more efficient.

Port Vale (Away) (League Cup)

I make wholesale changes as my players were tired after Coventry game, there wasn't much to report in this 3-0 win apart from a young lad called Ashley Grimes who'll need to improve on his finishing or he's out the door after a series of shocking misses.

Liam Trotter was the key in this game miss placing only 2 out of his 60 passes.

Doncaster (Away) (League)

Large crowd expected and we started off like a house on fire, excellent build up play all round with Liam Trotter pulling the strings in midfield and I could of took the lead when Wards header was cleared off the line and things went pear shaped from then on as Doncaster bombarded our defence and managed to score two 30 yarders.

Not much to say at HT apart from gets your arses in gear! 2nd half started much the same with a few chances although Dunnes persistence to get forward paid off when he played a lovely one two with Trotter and crossed the ball to a free Morrison for an easy tap in.

Doncaster had a corner 5 minutes later which was battered away by Shittu, Griffiths picked the ball up from half way line and run for the touch line hugging it for 35 odd yards before unleashing a cross field ball to two free Millwall players in acres of space with Doncaster back line nowhere to be seen and it was Morrison who scored again.

I am worried why we went so quiet in the middle part of the game I would say stamina doubts but we came on strong towards the finish.

Mildenhalls kicking is atrocious and has questions to answer letting in them two long range shots.

Trotter again has the freedom of the park when Abodou works hard beside him.

Ipswich (Away) (League)

No changes to the team as I was happy with their spirit at Doncaster but it was a dreadful start by the lions as yet again Mildenhall was beaten from 25 yards in just 49 seconds and questions now have to be answered about this long range shot stopping ability, we fought back into the game as Craig showed nice composure with Barron down the left wing as Griffiths was screaming for the ball trying to hold his run on the shoulder of last man O'Dea and the ball finally came as he showed the defender a clean pair of hills and slotted it into the bottom left from an onrushing keeper.

Trotter tried to play a long diagonal just inside his own half as Abodou had made a powerful run into the box although left a searching hole in midfield and we was caught on the break as the ball was intercepted and played through to Norris who slid it past Milldenhall at the near post.

Ipswich continued to play extremely wide stretching and pulling out the lion’s defence going close when Scotland should have buried a lob over Milldenhall who was in no man’s land aka Fabianski.

I brought on Kabous and Harris to try change things but we're unable to break down a solid Ipswich defence and their front men showed a fantastic understanding of each other’s play splitting us open on numerous occasions.

Bristol City (Home) (League Cup)

After the Ipswich result fans were beginning to be a little bit concerned with how things are going at The Den which resulted in me playing a strong team to try and convince the fans, I decided to bring Bruggink into the team for his debut replacing Trotter who looks in need of a little break whilst Kabous partnered him for his home debut and it was a much more experienced spine of the team.

Craig was caught for pace down the wing by Campbell Ryce who cut back inside as Skuse chipped in a lovely ball which favoured the keeper Mildenhall although he was surprisingly beat to it by the strike and yet again showed his weakness between the sticks.

Bristol started to spread the play and got a bit confident at the back although Griffiths showed his tenacious d*ckov like hounded and charged down the centre back who looked to play a ball over the top as he drove to the by line and cut inside as the full back made a rash challenge and pulled back the ball to a hellacious run from Kabous who leathered the ball past David James, 1-1.

Millwall proceeded in bringing on David Forde during the celebrations as Milldenhall walked consummately down the tunnel.

Griffiths took the ball and run past 4 red shirts whilst playing the ball inside to Morrison who refused to chip the keeper and the angle was closed down but he found the time to put the ball into the box and it fell to the lung bursting Moroccan beast Kabous who smashed the ball into the roof of the net, Millwall fans going delirious.

Campbell-Ryce and Craig had a fantastic dual first half, and second half started much the same with Millwall on the front foot when Craig won a free kick from a rash challenge by Campbell-Ryce and it was James Henry who stepped up and made it 3-1 with a beautiful curler past ex England keeper David James at which point Morrison made way for Neil Harris.

The game died down although one point which could have been avoided was Tony Craig received a 2nd yellow for a foul on yes; you guessed it - Campbell-Ryce.

MOTM Kabous, he looks a real signing if he can keep up this consistently.

Barnsley (Home) (League)

After the midweek win over Bristol City, their manager Keith Millen decided to take an outburst on Salvatore by saying we'd be much better off if we shot on target more than trying to walk it in, we'll I am satisfied with the 3 goals we put past you son!.

At midday the Millwall lads received news that they'd be travelling to Stamford Bridge in the League Cup and surely a boost to team morale which looks pretty good already.

Mildenhall was dropped and three of the superb four midfielders that played a massive part in beating Bristol City would be rested (Bruggink, Kabous, and Henry).

Hackett picked up a knock early on which saw Bruggink introduced, it wasn't long until Millwall made their mark as Bruggink found Trotter in acres of space who picked out Griffiths and without a moment to think the young Scottish lad turned and smashed a ferocious shot from 35 yards reminiscing of Wayne Rooney against Arsenal, this lads making a real impression.

Jason Shackell brought down Morrison in the penalty area in 35th minute although Bruggink failed to capitalise, Barnsley were sloppy and Liverpool loanee Martin Kelly took down Abdou in the box for a 2nd penalty in the 45th minute and the London sensation Griffiths showed veteran of 32 years how take a penalty by riffling it into the back of the net.

The 2nd half began in the same fashion as Barnsley were all over the place, Dunne was given the freedom to attack the flank and found Griffiths on the 50th minute with an inch perfect ball and he secured his hat trick with a composed finish.

The game petered out thereafter as both teams conceded the games up although Andy Gray gave the visitors something to cheer about and they weren't without a few glaring chances in the 80th minute although Neil Harris sealed a glorious victory with the 4th in the 90th minute.

Trotter again inspirational in the creative department with 2 assists but the plaudits got young Leigh Griffiths.

• Upvote 2