The Riot Thread

Flojo

Can't see a topic on thisIt's live on the bbc website http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10318089Police got caught slipping by not anticipating any trouble

There have been clashes between demonstrators and police in London, as students and lecturers protest against plans to treble tuition fees and cut university funding in England.Protesters have broken into the building housing the Conservative Party headquarters in Westminster.They have set fire to placards outside.Student leaders condemned the latest action as "despicable". They say about 30,000 people took part in a march earlier.A stand-off is taking place between students and the police, with protesters surging forward at Millbank Tower, chanting.Some protesters are on a roof terrace at the top of the building.Missiles have been thrown at the police, as thousands of demonstrators crowd the street outside.The London Ambulance Service says nine people have been treated for minor injuries.BBC News correspondent Mike Sergeant is at the scene.He says the protesters on the roof have been throwing liquids down and that a female police officer has been injured.And demonstrators have been cleared from outside the Liberal Democrat headquarters, where a car window has been smashed.Elsewhere, the massive rally had passed off peacefully.Hundreds of coach loads of students and lecturers had travelled to London from across England for the demonstration in Whitehall, with 2,000 students also travelling from Wales.President of the National Union of Students Aaron Porter condemned the violence as "despicable"."This was not part of our plan," he said."This action was by others who have come out and used this opportunity to hijack a peaceful protest."The NUS is threatening to try to unseat Liberal Democrat MPs who go back on pre-election pledges they made to oppose any rise in tuition fees.Ministers insist their plans offer a "fair deal for students".Students have set light to placards outside the Conservative Party headquartersHigher education funding is being cut by 40% - with teaching grants being all but wiped out except for science and maths.The government expects the costs of teaching other courses to be funded by tuition fees.It proposes that tuition fees should rise from 2012.The plan is for a lower cap at £6,000, with universities able to charge up to £9,000 - triple the current cap - in "exceptional circumstances".

Well done all the demostrators :D
They'r faggotsI was unfortunate enough to actually have to be in the vicinity of them, and it's the typical dreadlocked, purple hair, roll-up smoking degenerate leftist brigadeNot saying I endorse the fees, but I doubt many people on vip2 would want to spend time with any of the weirdos on that demonstration
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well done all the demostrators :D
They'r faggotsI was unfortunate enough to actually have to be in the vicinity of them, and it's the typical dreadlocked, purple hair, roll-up smoking degenerate leftist brigadeNot saying I endorse the fees, but I doubt many people on vip2 would want to spend time with any of the weirdos on that demonstration
lol why go then?
I didn't. I was in central London this morning, but not for the demo.PS there are some serious, reasonable people involved in this protest. But a lot of them are the type I described

Guest Waka Flocka Dave
Pot Noodle eaters
them E numbers got them goin on reckless
real talk, drinking on monday afternoos, eating baked beans as a meal itself, these yutes are reckless