The Riot Thread

Flojo

The best of the best argument doesn't work. Because I don't think we have a "proper" meritocracy. And Esqui, you're just arguing about a stereotype, its boring and very narrow minded. Some people go to uni to just merely get an education and do a degree they are interested in. If that is looked upon as a negative, I think that is terrible. Why at 18 years olld should you have an exact idea of what you want to do for the rest of your life?

• Upvote 4

I'm talking about people who get their degrees and then want to leave. Hmm, British Africans/Asians in particular. Do you argue for the sake of arguing? Why would students leave at the age of 18.
I thought you meant people who hadn't been to uni yet.But once you've got your degree, you have to pay back the loans even if you leave the country I'm pretty sure?
As far as I know, under the current system, if you were gone for 7 years, you didn't have to. Who knows if it will change. Also, if I moved to say Nigeria, and was earning over £100k a month, they wouldn't know. And I don't think they would have a way of finding out. :D

Right see THAT is what gets me madHigher Education is NOT a right, and never should be regarded as a right.
its not a right, but everyone should have the opportunity.
Of courseBut some of these people are saying it should be free and sh*t :D It should be a privilege fro those who are exceptional, not everyone
no one said it should be free, just not make it only for the rich. its not a priviledge.theres nothing so hard to achieve top grades in gsce's and A levelswhat exceptional sh*t are you requiring? that they walk on water before being able to to university?.it appears you clearly arent "exceptional" even by these normal standards, and probably shouldn't be talking.just saying
Excuse me?Who are you talking to mate...Exceptional in terms of academic proficiency obviously. The best of the best. If you don't make the cut then move onNot going to f*ck around for a few years cuz you don't know what to do nextMy exceptional talents go beyond the realm of academia, so you probably shouldn't be talking
ur still not making sense, because you can only set standards so high. you can restrict the best of the best (or so called) to a few universities but so many more capable students should be able to go to the hundreds of other universities i was gonna ask if you flopped at academics cos its been quite clear you have something against 'students'its cool though, we all know the richest men dropped out toodry.gif
  • Downvote 1

Guest Esquilax
The best of the best argument doesn't work. Because I don't think we have a "proper" meritocracy. And Esqui, you're just arguing about a stereotype, its boring and very narrow minded. Some people go to uni to just merely get an education and do a degree they are interested in. If that is looked upon as a negative, I think that is terrible. Why at 18 years olld should you have an exact idea of what you want to do for the rest of your life?
Look, I'm all for education for the sake of education, as long as education is what happening, not bullshitI've spoken to so many people who've said the whole thing was bullshit. FUN bullshit, yeah, had a GREAT TIME bullshit, but bullshit nonethelessIt's not a stereotype Q, it's reality, regardless of how convinient it is for your viewpoints
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Guest WAVESURFER
THANK YOUUUUCOME AGAIN
Why is anti-Asian racism cool on vip?
TBH I HATE PATEL AS WELL.... BUT THATS BECAUSE I DISLIKE GUJURATIS BECAUSE OF WER I LIVE... f*ck EMALOT OF THEE NEGROS ON ERE ARE VERY SALTY ABOUT THEIR STATIONS AND SEE ASIAN SUCCCESS AS A THREATTHE WHITE TRASH JUST BEG IT AND ARE IGNORANT SO I DNT CARFE ABOUT THEM..PLUS THEY CANT CALL THE NEGROS MONKEYS OR WATEVA BECAUSE THEY BEG THEIR f*ckIN ATTENTION.
wavesurfer etc do not differentiate between pahstuns and gujuratis
You're right, I don't, but who are you referring to with the "etc"?

Esqui, you have never been to university though. So what exactly do you base these opinions on?!?I don't know the number of students at each university, but for instance at UEA there were just over 15,000 students, are you seriously trying to tell me the MAJORITY of us were only interested in getting extremely drunk every weekend?!

THANK YOUUUUCOME AGAIN
Why is anti-Asian racism cool on vip?
TBH I HATE PATEL AS WELL.... BUT THATS BECAUSE I DISLIKE GUJURATIS BECAUSE OF WER I LIVE... f*ck EMALOT OF THEE NEGROS ON ERE ARE VERY SALTY ABOUT THEIR STATIONS AND SEE ASIAN SUCCCESS AS A THREATTHE WHITE TRASH JUST BEG IT AND ARE IGNORANT SO I DNT CARFE ABOUT THEM..PLUS THEY CANT CALL THE NEGROS MONKEYS OR WATEVA BECAUSE THEY BEG THEIR f*ckIN ATTENTION.
wavesurfer etc do not differentiate between pahstuns and gujuratis
You're right, I don't, but who are you referring to with the "etc"?
the master race
  • Downvote 2

Guest Esquilax
Esqui, you have never been to university though. So what exactly do you base these opinions on?!?I don't know the number of students at each university, but for instance at UEA there were just over 15,000 students, are you seriously trying to tell me the MAJORITY of us were only interesting in getting extremely drunk every weekend?!
I said so many people I've spoken to, almost everyone I talk to who went to Uni (my decision not to go is often a conversation point (not my choice, BTW, I don't force it on them))
  • Downvote 2

Anyone have any ideas on what the knock on effect of this might be?I'm thinking that less people will apply to go uni in this country so as the numbers dwindle lesser universities will close. With less people educated to graduate levels we will have a smaller pool of people to chose from for top end jobs, this will lead to many more jobs being offered to foreign nationals who have been educated elsewhere to come and take those jobs like Indian doctors.More poor folk will be about because of this and there won't be enough remedial jobs for them to do. With less jobs and no hope for bettering themselves in this country 2 things will happen, mass immigration or mass rioting.Sorry but I can't see how hitting the students with exorbitant fees helps this country in any way. I suggest immigrating unless you already have money to truly support your children, have already finished university and there are jobs available in your sector, or you have a workable plan for the next decade cos the broke folk are about to be raped and left for dead

• Upvote 2

Anyone have any ideas on what the knock on effect of this might be?I'm thinking that less people will apply to go uni in this country so as the numbers dwindle lesser universities will close. With less people educated to graduate levels we will have a smaller pool of people to chose from for top end jobs, this will lead to many more jobs being offered to foreign nationals who have been educated elsewhere to come and take those jobs like Indian doctors.More poor folk will be about because of this and there won't be enough remedial jobs for them to do. With less jobs and no hope for bettering themselves in this country 2 things will happen, mass immigration or mass rioting.Sorry but I can't see how hitting the students with exorbitant fees helps this country in any way. I suggest immigrating unless you already have money to truly support your children, have already finished university and there are jobs available in your sector, or you have a workable plan for the next decade cos the broke folk are about to be raped and left for dead
..........depressing........
  • Upvote 1

Esqui, you have never been to university though. So what exactly do you base these opinions on?!?I don't know the number of students at each university, but for instance at UEA there were just over 15,000 students, are you seriously trying to tell me the MAJORITY of us were only interesting in getting extremely drunk every weekend?!
I said so many people I've spoken to, almost everyone I talk to who went to Uni (my decision not to go is often a conversation point (not my choice, BTW, I don't force it on them))
just out of curiosity, what background are you from and what background are these people from (not race)they were saying that, average, the debt was approx 24k, this will push it up to 40k, if 25k didnt stop people from choosing to waste four years on partying 40k wont either. but it will stop sensible people that actually think about how university will affect their lives

Guest Esquilax
just out of curiosity, what background are you from and what background are these people from (not race)they were saying that, average, the debt was approx 24k, this will push it up to 40k, if 25k didnt stop people from choosing to waste four years on partying 40k wont either. but it will stop sensible people that actually think about how university will affect their lives
My background has changed from my youth I thinkPoor-ish childhood, well off adolescence, getting by nowHalf ends half Eton :D/The people I chat to vary, some peoples parents are judges, some are from the slums of Manchester, the answer seems to chime the same
  • Downvote 3

Guest Esquilax

I went when my parents came into money, and even then they struggled hard (as I've said before I feel guilt for underperforming at school cuz of the financial stress I put on them)

• Downvote 1

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

#1957: Despite the attack on the car containing the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall as it travelled through central London, the couple arrived at the London Palladium theatre for the Royal Variety Performance, the Press Association reports. The show began on time.

• Upvote 1