You read what?

Baghead

I like to lurk on the forum but never post, thought I'd start a topic for a change.

Don't know if this has been done before but I know its a subject that can start debate. Back in the day newspapers used to be a mark (of sorts) of someone's political meanings but now since the Metro is free and the internet being so availiable its hard to decipher whose stance is what.

SOOOOO...what magazines and newspapers do you read?

I don't usually buy papers but online I will nosey at; The Guardian (some newspaper full of fluff to me though), Mirror, the Sun and the daily mail (usually for the craic though). Read the telegraph sometimes, used to like the Independent but its fell off a bit to me.

The main magazine/comic I will buy is The Viz, buy the annuals and everything I never read it and think 'NOTHING WAS FUNNY'. Bought the Private Eye a few times but don't find it THAT funny. I really the Big Issue as not only does it encouraging working for a good cause its very interesting.

I like to get a comprehensive look at the news so I try to read and watch loads of different things despite my leanings.

Edit: As I finished my post I realised this topic is more fun when you do it on websites you look at LOL. Sorry.

read the sun and I can see beyond the propaganda like the little quirky stories and the blatent bollocks makes me laugh even now they have started to support blue dont care only 20p love the anti muslim stories they run cant wait til tommorows about the Kensington Muslim silence ting joke thing is when I was 13/16 I prefered reading the telegraph

i will participate

i used to read timesonline everyday at lunch, cos i like to see what all the right wing and racist readers have to say in the comment sections

but then they made it a payment situation and i'm not down

I check the Guardian online now and again but I don't like it as much

Never read the metro or any free papers, because i don't like to read bad news before i start my day at work

and i dont like picking up the used ones on the way back because ive seen countless people cough and sneeze into the middle of their papers

i buy the south london press on occasion

back in the day used to read:

righton_cover.jpg

1277040674-22418-0.jpg

I was an AVID reader of Source magazine before hip hop took a turn for the worst, and i remember being hyped about buying this particular issue

30859_01_lg.jpg

now i dont read any magazines

and i used to buy vibe if someone decent was on the cover

When I'm out and get a paper it's Guardian, Independent or FT. I used to get the occasional Daily Mail or Telegraph to angry up the blood but very rarely these days

Usually carry a Private Eye and/or Economist if I'm on train/bus etc

In my magazine buying times I collected The Source, Hip-Hop Connection and XXL Basketball, but don't buy mags any more

Everything else is books and online

Guest M12 Part 2

i pretty much read anything and everything. From the sun and metro to the Financial Times. I'm generally interested in what's going on in the world and i think newspapers are a good source of information and can trigger me into looking at things from a different perspective or researching stuff further,

The main thing i think though is to take everything with a pinch of salt. Everyone has a reason for writing something if you just blindly take things at face value, it will lead to problems.

Never have time to read papers thanks to my studies but I read the Times when I get a chance and Esquire every couple of months. Used to read GQ and then one day it dawned on me that I actually hated it. Wrote too many articles about people that they hadn't interviewed but tried to make out they had some insight. Just bare speculation.

Tbh I only read the metro or whatever I find on the bus/train. Used to read the shortlist (free mens magazine) but they seem to have stopped that and started doing some womens thing called the style list.

If Im going to actively look for something to read, I pick a books over newspapers/magazines.