Internationals

Captain Planet

Italy coach Cesare Prandelli was left disgusted and embarrassed after seeing 20-year-old Mario Balotelli subjected to grotesque monkey chants by their own supporters."I feel disappointment and anger. We always hear these chants and something has to be done about it. We feel helpless. He [balotelli] has the support of everyone," Prandelli told the press after the game.Boos and monkey noises resonated around Klagenfurt every time the Manchester City striker touched the ball during the 1-1 friendly draw with Romania.It's not for the first time either. Fans questioned Prandelli's selection with a banner reading: "No to multi-ethnic Italy" after he picked Balotelli, of Ghanaian orgin, and Argentinian-born Cristian Ledesma.Balotelli, clearly disturbed by the incidents, tried his best not to add to the political dynamite sparked off by an uncouth set of fans."Honestly, I don't know what to say. If I have to hear those chants every time, you can't go forward like that. I leave others to do the judgement. I am happy to be in the national team," said Balotelli."It wouldn't be right to stop a game because a few fans that turn up to the stadium behave like that."We need to change these people but it's not me that has to do it. Where I live, the people don't reason like these people. A multi-ethnic Italy already exists and we can do better."Balotelli then hinted at his future in the Premier League amid reports linking him with Milan."Until June I am certainly at Manchester City. I have a five-year contract and can’t say anything," he added."It’s true that I had dinner with Adriano Galliani after the derby, but what does that mean? If I had dinner with Massimo Moratti would you say I was returning to Inter?"What do I think of Zlatan Ibrahimovic? Ah, Ibra and I would make a very strong pairing."
Sad to see, there was a time when the same happened in England.. Hopefully he keeps at it and becomes an Italy legend in the future.lol @ "i'm at City until June" though.

Shame that, he's a c*nt but no way does he deserve that, especially from his own fansLong way to go for ItalyNot sure why Ledesma's name was mentioned in that piece, Camoranesi had a long and successful career for Italy and he's Argentinian

Guest Blue State Of Mind

Ballotelli is an idiot he could of easily played for Ghana yet he choses to play for a nation where he is constantly subjected to abuse, and the thing that pisses me off even more is that the Ghanain side is full of talented youngsters but they lack a truly top class striker he could of easily fit into their side.

• Upvote 2

Guest Portuguese

If you saw the game and the replays which were given you would of never realized Pique qas playing him on.When I say good spot I meant the way he found a screenshot and uploaded it.