B57 - " If I can't drop bombs here then i'm dropping em elsewhere "

Heero Yuy

Nicklas Bendtner claims he is ready to quit Arsenal unless manager Arsene Wenger hands him a starting place soon.The Denmark striker has been hampered by a groin injury which kept him sidelined for the first couple of months of the season.Bendtner, who joined the Gunners in the summer of 2004, has been handed just two starts this season although he is adamant that he deserves first-team football.The 22-year-old has now warned that if the situation doesn't change, he will look for a transfer in the January transfer window, with Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich reportedly pondering a bid.Extermely disappointedBendtner told Danish newspaper BT: "I'm extremely disappointed with the lack of minutes on the field."I feel I've done everything right in getting back to fitness and I'm in the best shape of my life."I feel better than before the injury and at that point I was in the starting XI and close to fulfilling my potential."When I'm 100 per cent fit, I can't accept sitting on the bench."I'm 100 per cent good enough for the starting XI in Arsenal. I have the qualities and I've been sitting enough on the bench in my career."If my manager feels differently that's fair, and he's the one choosing the team, but then I disagree."TransferBendtner warned he would be prepared to leave the Emirates if he fails to work his way back into his manager's plans, adding: "I simply have to get to the next stage in my career and that's the reason why I'm saying these things right now."If the situation doesn't change and I'm still on the bench at Arsenal, I'll look for a transfer. That's obvious."But my first priority is definitely - as it has always been - to play for Arsenal."I've had a lot of patience and I won't sit on the bench any more.

"He was not in the squad today because he had a little groin problem and I left him at home," said Wenger.And the manager insisted he still had a future at the club when asked."Yes, for the length of his contract - that is three more years," he added."I want him to stay. I have known him since he was 16-years-old and I have a strong rapport with him."I like him as a player and a person, even if I do not agree with every statement. Overall I want him to stay and be part of the group."

Beckenbauer hints at Bendtner moveBayern linked with Gunners striker17th November 2010http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 18,00.htmlFranz Beckenbauer has indicated Bayern Munich would be interested in signing Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner. Bendtner has been linked with a possible move to Bayern after indicating he might be forced to leave Arsenal if he is not playing regularly for the Gunners. Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger rejected talk linking Bendtner with a move away from the Emirates last weekend, insisting the Dane remains a big part of his plans.However Beckenbauer, who is chairman of Bayern's advisory board, admits Danish international Bendtner would fit the profile of potential signings at the German giants. "Yes, he is among some players, who have done very well - both for Denmark and for his club, and who has got the class and the potential to play in a club like Bayern Munich, where we already have a lot of class players," Beckenbauer is quoted as saying in the Daily Mirror.Please please please please please please please let this happen.

NICKLAS BENDTNER has no doubts that he should be in the Arsenal team against arch-rivals Tottenham at the Emirates today.In his mind it is not even a debate.The Dane has an unshakable belief in his own ability and is convinced he should be picked to help give the Gunners have a chance of honours.Bendtner will not be a happy boy if he is only amongst the subs this lunchtime.Last week, SunSport revealed how Bendtner had told the Danish Press he would quit the club if he could not get into the starting line-up.The man expects to be dining at football's top table so, appropriately, he chose the upmarket venue of Claridge's, one of London's premier restaurants, to explain himself to SunSport.Striker Bendtner, 22, said: "I have a lot of confidence in my own ability. It's why I get frustrated when I'm not playing."I have high ambitions. When I'm fit I'm good enough to be in the Arsenal team and I'm 100 per cent fit."At the start of the season I said I wanted to score 20 goals. That's my ambition, that's what I want to do."So if I play more or less the majority of the games, I definitely believe that will happen. But if I'm not playing I can't do that."Last season I said the same before I was out with a long injury because of my car crash and when I came back I scored 11 goals in 12 games. Then I got injured again but had I not been I would have reached my target."Bendtner says Gunners manager Arsene Wenger understands how impatient he is to get back in the team and why he has considered quitting.The Dane added: "Me and the manager talk a lot. All the players can chat to him about how we feel."He knows all footballers want to play and I'm the same. He realises I'm frustrated."I don't want to be just a substitute against Spurs."It's a big game, they have improved a lot under Harry Redknapp and I want to be out there playing and scoring goals against them."I realise that if you have a long-term injury, as I did, you've got to prove that you are ready to take your place back."You can't just come back in the team straightaway."But I've fought really hard and been involved in every game since I came back and I would have liked to have been involved more."I've been helping the club to win as a sub and playing occasionally but I want to be the guy in the team who makes sure we win the things."Bendtner says if he did quit Arsenal it would be with a heavy heart.He joined as a raw teenager and the club has become part of his life.Bendtner said: "Completely honestly I have something special for Arsenal. I came over here when I was just 16."Some people say they have a relationship with a club when they don't have one but I do. Part of me will always be Arsenal."But even though I have a special feeling for the club, and that's the truth, the ambition I have is I need to play football."A host of Europe's elite clubs are said to be watching Bendtner's situation while Bayern Munich great Franz Beckenbauer has publicly stated his club would like the Gunners striker.Bendtner said: "It's always a good thing when you talk about big clubs like that with great history. It's something special."When you look at all the leagues they all have three or four teams, England, Spain, Italy and Germany. There are 10 or 15 teams that are the best in the world that if you are a top player you would want to play for."I supported Barcelona and Real Madrid when I was growing up and then I started supporting Arsenal when I was 10 years old."I liked the way Barca and Real played and the players they had at their clubs."And Dennis Bergkamp was a legend at Arsenal when I arrived and was training with him."That was an amazing feeling and it inspires you."I have ambitions to play elsewhere at some stage in my career and to try that."My main focus right now is Arsenal but if I don't play I will have to move on. That's true."My ambition is really, really high and I have high ambitions for where I want to go."So will Nicklas Bendtner still be an Arsenal player this time next year?He replied: "I don't know. You can never tell the future."Interview courtesy of 121 Sports Marketing and Consulting Ltd.Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3237337/Nicklas-Bendtner-I-should-be-in-the-Arsenal-team.html#ixzz15noEcxz8

• 3 weeks later...

Morten Olsen has warned Nicklas Bendtner he will not feature in his plans for Denmark unless he is playing regularly for Arsenal.The 22-year-old striker has cut a frustrated figure this season, playing just 74 minutes of Premier League football for the Gunners.Injuries kept the Dane sidelined until October, with the strong form of his team-mates now restricting Bendtner to cameo appearances from the bench.Bendtner's national coach Olson has expressed a desire to see his key striker play more games under Arsene Wenger, or his place in the national side will be under threat.Important"Thinking with the eyes of the Danish national team, you have to have minutes and you have to have enough games, and if he's not playing in Arsenal we cannot use him," Olson told Sky Sports News."So it is important not only for Nicklas Bendtner but for all the players that they are playing."Bendtner has not been 100 per cent fit for a year. We also saw in the World Cup he was not 100 per cent."He has not played in the autumn, he has not played many minutes for Arsenal. We hope he will come back and show the talent he is."

Nicklas Bendtner has set his sights on establishing himself as an Arsenal regular again. The Dane put a long-standing groin problem behind him to return to action in September but has since struggled to oust Marouane Chamakh, whose form has kept Bendtner on the fringes. Despite goals against Newcastle and Manchester City on his return he is yet to start a Premier League game this season.Bendtner is going through an exciting time at present with his partner expecting a child and, with over a week until the Chelsea game, his immediate concern is spending the break with his family. But on his return he intends to fight for his place after Christmas and in the New Year. “I want to get back to 100 per cent, get back into the squad and take my chances when I get them to prove I should be there,” said Bendtner. “At the end of the season we can see where I am, see where the team is and how well we have done. “I hope we will win something this season. We have a great chance in the Carling Cup which I hope we will take full advantage of. The FA Cup is coming up and we are still in the Champions League. I think it looks positive.”

• 2 months later...
7Q47x.jpgSimply not good enough to be playing for Arsenal FC im afraid He cant be anything but 3rd choice for us, having said that I can see the lad doing well as a 1st choice at a lesser club and working his way back to the big time by 27/28 but sorry old bean you are not Arsenal quality..He is a hit with the ladies thoe.. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3458276/Finally-bungling-Bendtner-scores.html
  • Upvote 1