The England Football Team Thread

Black.

After sleeping on it, if it were up to me -

Get Hodgson in, get him and a younger number 2 (Pearce or someone like Shearer, Southgate, Neville) all working in a three with a long term vision. Hodgson can give us the next 2 tournaments before he might want to pack it in and move upstairs.

Long term vision, rebuild us from the ground up.

Tell the likes of James, Upson, Carragher, Gerrard and Lampard that they won't be in consideration for the next few squads.

Get Joe Hart, James Milner, Adam Johnson in the team. Get in contact with players like Onuoha, Gosling, Cahill, Shawcross, R.Johnson, Gibbs, Mancienne, Rodwell, Wilshere, Huddlestone, Cattermole, Noble, Young, Agbonlahor, Bent, Carlton Cole, Sturridge, Deflouneso, Carroll and tell them that they are all in consideration and the squad is an open shop. Over the next 6 months players in form will be considered and it's up to them to take the chance.

2018 World Cup is potentially in England, that should be inspiration for these guys.

Then we've got the likes of Johnson, A.Cole (who'll go on a while yet), Terry, Lennon, Walcott, Milner, Joe Cole, Rooney around to add more depth too. Who will be the experienced lads come the next tournament.

• Upvote 1

After sleeping on it, if it were up to me -

Get Hodgson in, get him and a younger number 2 (Pearce or someone like Shearer, Southgate, Neville) all working in a three with a long term vision. Hodgson can give us the next 2 tournaments before he might want to pack it in and move upstairs.

Long term vision, rebuild us from the ground up.

Tell the likes of James, Upson, Carragher, Gerrard and Lampard that they won't be in consideration for the next few squads.

Get Joe Hart, James Milner, Adam Johnson in the team. Get in contact with players like Onuoha, Cahill, Shawcross, R.Johnson, Gibbs, Mancienne, Rodwell, Wilshere, Huddlestone, Cattermole, Noble, Young, Agbonlahor, Bent, Carlton Cole, Sturridge, Deflouneso, Carroll and tell them that they are all in consideration and the squad is an open shop. Over the next 6 months players in form will be considered and it's up to them to take the chance.

2018 World Cup is potentially in England, that should be inspiration for these guys.

Thats a problem cos those players range from average to sh*t. Lampard,Gerrard,Carragher,Upson and co were better at their age. What makes you think Noble and co will produce?

England have to rebuild completely. Infact if I was them I would allow the next 4 tournaments and start a new footballing structure ranging from abolishing the home grown rule to a new reserve league with 38 matches to help develop youngsters quicker. New grass root programs with kids from London,Birmingham and other large cities especially in impoverished parts of the cities. People are not given a chance cos they are too skinny. Look at Ozil he is f*ckin feeble he would never get a chance in this country. Same with Lahm,Muller and a few players in this world cup. Technique and passing on the ground should be encouraged instead of trying to turn everyone into battering rams and long balls down the alleys.

trust you cant call up players just because there young and english

you need players who are good enough

• Upvote 1

Lol Capello said that players were 'Tired'

WTF?!

Might sound silly, but we are the only league not to have a winter break (correct me if I am wrong), most of the players who are having a top tournament don't play in the premier league or do they make up the core basis of any of the top teams. Tiredness is a factor.

WTF?!

Might sound silly, but we are the only league not to have a winter break (correct me if I am wrong), most of the players who are having a top tournament don't play in the premier league or do they make up the core basis of any of the top teams. Tiredness is a factor.

Carlos-Tevez2-761407.jpg

• Upvote 1

pearce was a sh*t manager with city

has played sh*t football with the u21s but got them to finals

prob learnt a lot from capello

but he is racist and flojo i can never support england with pearce as a manager and wont take anyone of an ethnic minority who does seriously

WTF?!

Carlos-Tevez2-761407.jpg

Lol, most of them I said. Tevez is one player.

Even looking at top Scorers, I think about 6/7 of them play in La Liga.

And he has played considerably less football then a lot of other players seeing as City weren't in Europe.

WTF?!

Carlos-Tevez2-761407.jpg

Lol

Italian, Spanish, German & French teams still play 38 games though. On top of domestic cup competitions & continental games. So even if they have the winter period off, they still have to play more games during the 2nd half of the season.

WTF?!

Carlos-Tevez2-761407.jpg

Lol

Italian, Spanish, German & French teams still play 38 games though. On top of domestic cup competitions & continental games. So even if they have the winter period off, they still have to play more games during the 2nd half of the season.

Don't think they do play more during second half, either way, a rest period is still better than none.

One thing that gives me joke about people calling for 'more young English talent' being needed is this assumption that youth is the key.

No, it's not.

It worked for Germany because it was a planned initiative. They set out to bring through a group of young players who KNOW HOW to play the kind of football they needed.

The likes of Young, Agbonglahor, Mancienne, Bent, Walcott, Sturridge, ANDY CARROLL (Are you f*ck*ng serious, JJ?) & more aren't schooled like that. Not what England NEEDS anyway. I'm a fan of James Milner, but I reserve judgement on him for England. He's no use on the flanks, rather have him in the middle but long-term, not ahead of Huddlestone, Rodwell, Wilshere, etc.

The STYLE of English players we need to look at are, Wilshere, Rodwell, Cleverley, Welbeck, Huddlestone.

/

@ Mr. Q, my point is, yes, they may have that rest period, but obviously there has to be a period during the latter stages of the season, where they have to play the games they missed during the winter right? So in the build to international tournaments, they have LESS rest because...

A. More congested fixture list

B. Their actual seasons finish later, albeit a week or two.

lol at Stuart Pearce

I imagine his team talks consist of nothing but buzz words

commitment

passion

drive

I thought Hodgson should have got it last time and if Capello is to leave I think he should get it this time. He has proven that he's capable of getting the best out of what he's got (which is the biggest challenge of national team management) and has managed at the highest level throughout Europe.

Guest Wheres Wally

i beg you man actually watch huddlestone this season....

people love to chat sh*t about mobility.... he is all over the f*ck*ng pitch, yeah he isnt the quickest but he doesnt need to be because his positioning is good.

hes twice the player barry is.

Was trying to recall a time in my lifetime England have knocked out a top team in KNOCK OUT stage (not group) not via penaltys

And I cant ever remember a match

Top team for me =

Brazil, Argentina, Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Holland

When you think about that we really are not that good

Gayle you recall an England match where they have knocked out a top team in knock part of a tournement?

Guest TimeBomb

could the problem be where english players stay in england, where as other nations players move to different leagues? surely if we had a couple players in spain, couple in italy, couple in germany, we would cope better against the top footballing nations? duon maybe im wrong.

^^^i Agree with that always something that pestered me

but even though we dont export allot

We have seen

Keegan,

Hoddle

Waddle

Mcmanaman

Beckham

Ince

Owen

Plus more (doing it from memory)

Go abroad not a vast amount of talent but pretty sure

Each man was still playing international and never really helped

The mentality of the english is wrong in general imo and holds them

Back in team sports in general (yes I know England won 2003 rugby union wc and the 20/20)

would add more but got to finish me work