The England Football Team Thread

Black.

Don't see much wrong with that picture TBH.

I know what you are trying to say and I thought that when I saw it, but you know how some people will see this after a heavy loss, not too long after the game, especially when people have forked out thousands to go watch them and are treated to this! Huge uproar and disgust.

Guest M12 Part 2

People expect footballers to be f*ck*ng saints its dumb. Ive played plenty of matches where we've been beaten or ive personally played sh*t and i have no qualms going to a rave afterwards or a house party. Are they seriously expected to sit at home and cry?

When normal people have a sh*t day at work they arent expected to go home and sulk about it. I dont care how much they get paid at the end of the day pre-season starts next week. This few days is the closest some of them man are getting to a holiday this summer. let them relax

People expect footballers to be f*ck*ng saints its dumb. Ive played plenty of matches where we've been beaten or ive personally played sh*t and i have no qualms going to a rave afterwards or a house party. Are they seriously expected to sit at home and cry?

When normal people have a sh*t day at work they arent expected to go home and sulk about it. I dont care how much they get paid at the end of the day pre-season starts next week. This few days is the closest some of them man are getting to a holiday this summer. let them relax

mate u aint played last 16 at the world cup

these aint normal people

this is the downside to there job there expected to act like role models

or they will get slated in the press/abused by random people on road/etc

i no what i would do

but the dumbest thing about this is its from ledley kings phone nd he sent it to people

footballers stay failing

I dnt get all this stuff abt people forked out thousands etc

Football is a win or lose sport, they obviously knew there was a posibility of losing when they forked out the £££

All this tosh about people booking hotels, buying 1/4 final tickets etc is a total nonsense

They got beat by a better team, get ova it and move on... f*ck*ng losers, jealous coz they neva made it pro smh

The people who moan about it and say 'don fabio shud pay our 'olidee cost!!!' are the same sort of people who buy Terry Venables' World Cup single.

The national team in England is marketed towards chav idiots. It's mainly about money and the media are responsible. Which is part of the reason I don't really care for the national team.

The players are detached and aren't accessible. But it's no wonder when as a nation we treat them like this.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Rooney and Gerrard pull out of A:3K skills event

A:3K, the star-studded skills event due to take place at London's O2 Arena on July 17, has been postponed following the withdrawal of Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney.

The England duo were due to compete in a series of Gladiators-style challenges with global football stars Cristiano Ronaldo, Cesc Fabregas, Didier Drogba and David Villa.

See the ring of fire where Ronaldo, Rooney, Fabregas, Drogba, Gerrard and more will test their skills - exclusive picture special

Director of A:3K Terry Byrne said “Both Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney have made it clear they believe it would be inappropriate for them to participate in A:3K at this time.

"We fully understand and respect both players’ decisions. We could have replaced them with two other players but feel the players involved are six of the best in the world - and that is what we promised we would deliver. "

Organisers hope to reschedule the event with the same line-up in June 2011.

Don't see much wrong with that picture TBH.

I know what you are trying to say and I thought that when I saw it, but you know how some people will see this after a heavy loss, not too long after the game, especially when people have forked out thousands to go watch them and are treated to this! Huge uproar and disgust.

see i cant agree with this

first of all in the pic it doesnt look like them man are partying or on a mad ting with bare chicks..... i see a few man prob whole team as you cant see anything on the right side..... around a table having a few beers..... and lennon is smoking a cigar.... if this was before a game ok one thing but they are out of the tournament after a long season its there time to unwind.....

also f*ck these guys paying thousands.... no one forced them to do it....they made a choice... its like someone who put 37k on rooney being top GS..... is he going to cry now saying i wasted my money betting on rooney and he never delivered....