The England Football Team Thread

Black.

So because they are out are man supposed to be moping around for weeks on end?. The media put it out there and dumb f*cks take the bait time and time again, I bet the accompanying article was some bullshit like

'only a few days after the world cup while the country's still mourning England's WC exit, the shamed England stars were seen partying as if they didn't have a care in the world. OIne of our sources said' It was unbelievable, here I am still distraught about us getting knocked out of the World cup and these guys are laughing and joking

like it didn't matter. I suppose when you're earning 100 grand a week though nothing matters that much really'.

THIS NATION IS BITCHMADE.

• Upvote 5

Martin Demichelis:"If I play as badly vs Germany as John Terry did, I won't be able to go back to Argentina"

had to google to see if it was a direct quote...surely...it couldn't be...I was wrong :lol:

smashed it

FABIO CAPELLO has a mammoth task to win back the hearts and minds of the England players left disillusioned by him during four weeks of World Cup debacle.

The Italian has clung onto his job after the FA backed him to carry on.

But a month locked inside Camp Capello has stretched the loyalty of even those players who believe he is the right man to lead England.

And today Sport of the World lifts the lid on a World Cup campaign which saw the England camp riven by PARANOIA, haunted by FEAR and relying on the SUPERSTITION of sticking to the same kit as a plank for success.

Seven days after the most crushing World Cup defeat in England's history, the majority of the squad feel, despite the FA's vote of confidence in the Italian, there has to be a sea-change in both Capello's man-management and tactics.

One senior player said: "We all bought into the manager's ways in qualification because everything he said and did brought us success.

"The question many of us are asking is why he forgot most of those principles once we got to South Africa.

"Everything he'd done before went out the window. It got to the stage where some of us were asking why Fabio had sent his clueless twin brother to manage England during the World Cup."

While few players have publicly put their heads above the parapet following England's humiliating exit at the hands of Germany, their private thoughts make fascinating reading. And much of the blame is heaped at Capello's door.

Intense

Another player admitted: "A lot of us loved Fabio for the way he turned things around after Steve McClaren but can't understand why he destroyed so much of what he'd built.

"One of the things everybody admired during our qualification games was his attention to detail. We knew everything about the opposition, how they played, how their set-pieces worked, how they liked to defend and attack.

"We would have DVDs on the opposition, we'd go through them and the build-up to matches was very intense.

"During the World Cup that attention to detail was missing. We would have team meetings and we'd watch a DVD of the game we'd just played and go through it. But it didn't matter what the opposition were playing, we were stuck with the same old 4-4-2 even though nobody believed it was the right way to play.

"It was as if Fabio had gone a bit crazy. He looked much older than he had done before. His English grew worse the more angry and frustrated he became. He cut himself off from even the senior players he used to trust, and wouldn't change anything.

"The World Cup was almost too big for him which is mad when you think of everything he's done.

"He was obsessed with people not knowing the team. He grew paranoid about revealing it even to the players who WOULD be playing.

"None of the goalkeepers were sure what was going on in his head and even before the Germany game nobody knew who was going to play between Matthew Upson and Jamie Carragher."

Capello would only name the team in a meeting five minutes before the squad left the hotel even though leaks and rumours had already reached the players.

"There's no point in being paranoid," one source pointed out. "The players just wanted to know what the team was and settle into a pattern."

ROONEY: Couldn't control his temper

ROONEY: Couldn't control his temper

That paranoia was made public one day when Capello exploded at photograhers who he thought were being overly intrusive before training.

Capello's regime even included banning the players from ordering room service, not trusting them to comply with the diet devised by the FA's nutritionists.

The fact players were forced to spend long periods alone in their rooms - sometimes up to four hours at a time - raised the frustration levels purely because Capello did not trust them to relax properly without an imposed curfew.

While many of the Italian's dictats were based on science, his decision to stick with the all-red kit to face Germany stemmed simply from his belief it was a lucky strip after England beat Slovenia wearing it in their last group game.

Small points when taken at face value but it amounted to an atmosphere where even the biggest names were scared to approach him in case it affected their place.

The situation reached breaking point after the dismal goalless draw with Algeria and John Terry's infamous press conference where he claimed that he - and others - would be telling Capello some home truths in a crisis meeting.

One fringe player said: "The news filtered back about what JT had said to the press and a lot of the big boys went mad.

"It wasn't just because JT looked as if he was trying to be captain again, it was because it killed any chance of anybody speaking to the manager. We all knew from Fabio's staff just what a mistake JT had made. The team meeting that night was pathetic.

"Suddenly, there were players who thought they could make sensible points too s***scared to open their mouths. The manager was basically untouchable and from that moment nothing changed."

That incident also strained the relationship between Terry and Steven Gerrard with the Chelsea skipper, having picked up on vibes Gerrard was none too pleased with his stance, tackling the captain over it.

There was definite unease between the two but whispers of a slanging match are wide of the mark with Gerrard keeping his own counsel.

The serial frustration, however, DID manifest itself in the behaviour of Wayne Rooney. One moment the Manchester United striker would be on fire in training, the next he grew so angry with himself and his inability to alter games that he was almost uncontrollable.

Strange

Another player admitted: "Wazza was struggling because he'd never known anything like it before.

"Nothing he did in games was working, he couldn't control his temper in training and his behaviour was strange, to say the least.

"Capello didn't seem to have any answers. He just kept telling Wazza to play the same way and seemed happy when he was good in training but didn't change anything when it was obvious the team needed Wazza in a different position.

"Nobody around him has the courage to tell Capello the truth, they just tell him what he wants to hear. In fact, the manager doesn't want to listen to anybody, he's just stuck in his ways all the time."

It even got to the stage where some players were openly debating who ought to replace Capello after the World Cup, with the likes of Jose Mourinho, Guus Hiddink, Harry Redknapp and even Jurgen Klinsmann mentioned in dispatches.

But there remains a core loyalty amongst the senior players - thought to include Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and Rio Ferdinand - who back the decision to keep faith in Capello. They know, though, many things have to change.

As one senior player summed up: "Everything Fabio did before the World Cup was perfect. Everything he did during it was mad.

"The players are just about with him. Well, most of them. But he has to be willing to listen and learn, not just think his way is the only way because obviously that's been shown up."

Joe Cole has admitted England "just weren't good enough" at the World Cup and suggested the philosophy of the team needs to change for international success to be possible.

"It is obvious that we lack the kind of qualities you need to be successful at international level," the midfielder said. "We don't keep the ball as well as other countries; that's not a secret.

"It wasn't just the Germany game. Over the course of the tournament we looked a long way behind the other top nations and when it came to the crunch, the best side won. People will talk about the decision not to allow Frank Lampard's goal, but it was plain and simple to see that we just weren't good enough.

"Almost every team I have played for – including England – always want to hit the front players as early as possible. You won't get away with that at international level. It's about technique, keeping control of the ball, passing and moving.

"We seem to abandon good technique because we are obsessed with getting the ball from back to front as quickly as possible. That doesn't work against top teams.

"No one pulls the England shirt on with more pride than me but we've got to face up to the reality of it all. We're just not good enough.

"Maybe it's time to really look at how we're teaching kids to play. Maybe we're paying the price for having the best league in the world."

Argentina and Barcelona attacker Lionel Messi admits he was dumbfounded by the decision not to take Theo Walcott to the World Cup.

Walcott was expected to make the plane to South Africa but England manager Fabio Capello opted to leave him at home.

The decision came despite the fact that the 21-year-old became the youngest player to score a hat-trick for England in 2008, following an excellent performance in Croatia.

And Messi points to last season's UEFA Champions League clash between Arsenal and Barcelona as another match where Walcott had a major impact.

With the Gunners trailing 2-0 and on the ropes against the Spanish champions at the Emirates, Walcott came off the bench and changed the game as Arsenal salvaged a 2-2 draw.

Messi, 23, was shocked when Capello named his World Cup squad, and believes England would have had more success if Walcott was onboard.

"I must say that at the time I thought it was a bad decision to leave Theo Walcott at home," he told the Daily Star.

"And I think that has been proved right. I can only speak from experience but he was one of the most dangerous players I have ever played against.

"Barcelona players are not scared easily but I can tell you that when we played Arsenal last season he truly worried us.

"When we were playing Arsenal at the Emirates we were so in control of the game at 2-0, with all respect Arsenal were not even in the game.

"Then Theo came on and changed the game. He pretty much single-handedly salvaged a draw against Barcelona that night.

One to watch

"Even in the return leg our manager Pep Guardiola was telling us he was the player to watch out for.

"And the best players in the world like Xavi and Gerard Pique were telling us to watch out for him. The truth is that he really rattled him.

"If he could do that against Barcelona, think what he could have done against Germany and Algeria. Even if he didn't start, he would still have been very important for England.

"Along with Cesc Fabregas and Sergio Aguero he would have been the best impact player at the World Cup."

Messi, whose Argentina side crashed out in the quarter-finals after also being thumped by Germany, says Walcott's pace is his best asset.

He added: "Even at the top level, pace scares the world's best defenders. And, take it from me, he would scare any defender.

"When England brought on players, I don't think they were at the level to make any impact. But Walcott would have been and I still can't understand why he wasn't taken.

"He is a big-game player as well who rises to the occasion. He scored a hat-trick in Croatia, which nobody ever does and was the star against Barcelona."

• Upvote 2

Argentina and Barcelona attacker Lionel Messi admits he was dumbfounded by the decision not to take Theo Walcott to the World Cup.

Walcott was expected to make the plane to South Africa but England manager Fabio Capello opted to leave him at home.

The decision came despite the fact that the 21-year-old became the youngest player to score a hat-trick for England in 2008, following an excellent performance in Croatia.

And Messi points to last season's UEFA Champions League clash between Arsenal and Barcelona as another match where Walcott had a major impact.

With the Gunners trailing 2-0 and on the ropes against the Spanish champions at the Emirates, Walcott came off the bench and changed the game as Arsenal salvaged a 2-2 draw.

Messi, 23, was shocked when Capello named his World Cup squad, and believes England would have had more success if Walcott was onboard.

"I must say that at the time I thought it was a bad decision to leave Theo Walcott at home," he told the Daily Star.

"And I think that has been proved right. I can only speak from experience but he was one of the most dangerous players I have ever played against.

"Barcelona players are not scared easily but I can tell you that when we played Arsenal last season he truly worried us.

"When we were playing Arsenal at the Emirates we were so in control of the game at 2-0, with all respect Arsenal were not even in the game.

"Then Theo came on and changed the game. He pretty much single-handedly salvaged a draw against Barcelona that night.

One to watch

"Even in the return leg our manager Pep Guardiola was telling us he was the player to watch out for.

"And the best players in the world like Xavi and Gerard Pique were telling us to watch out for him. The truth is that he really rattled him.

"If he could do that against Barcelona, think what he could have done against Germany and Algeria. Even if he didn't start, he would still have been very important for England.

"Along with Cesc Fabregas and Sergio Aguero he would have been the best impact player at the World Cup."

Messi, whose Argentina side crashed out in the quarter-finals after also being thumped by Germany, says Walcott's pace is his best asset.

He added: "Even at the top level, pace scares the world's best defenders. And, take it from me, he would scare any defender.

"When England brought on players, I don't think they were at the level to make any impact. But Walcott would have been and I still can't understand why he wasn't taken.

"He is a big-game player as well who rises to the occasion. He scored a hat-trick in Croatia, which nobody ever does and was the star against Barcelona."

Red = :Y:

THAT = PAR. :rofl:

Arsenal FC – Is their style ruining the English game?

After watching the disgraceful capitualtion that was england’s world cup tournament and seeing the bloated cash rich whinging players moping round the pitch constantly moaning and groaning it seems to beg the question, is the style of arsenal football club ruining the game in england. England seemed to think it clever to pass the ball around in their own half, buliding up possession statistics like they are the important and win games. Arsenal’s fault, the tippy tappy culture in full effect. Everything about the north londoners contributes to the poison spreading through the english game.

Arsene Wegner, the epitomy of a bad loser, constantly filling the media airwaves with his dangerous propaganda every time a team dares to give his side a game, trying to protect his oh so precious babies with a constant tirade of bile. The main problem is that referees and people at the FA seem to be brainwashed by this rubbish and for teams who play honest football this can make life difficult. Lock him up for crimes against football.

Then you have the players themselves, falling around like they have been hit by a flying oatcake full of bricks, surrounding the referee like a swarm of locusts protesting that someone dare tackle them, then in a dirty underhand fashion laying in the boot themselves and getting away with it, under the counter tactics.The dirtiest team in the premiership and don’t you forget it. Fabregas, a lying cheat who would get off with a caution if found in possession of 10 kilo’s of amsterdam’s finest. Wake up and smell the coffee before it’s too late folks.

If only they would learn some lessons from their far more superior neighbours tottenham hotspur who have top supporters and a team who get the ball up the pitch in a determined fashion and don’t fanny about looking for the perfect ISS pro style goal. There are so many things that are wrong with the english game, a great proportion of the blame lies at the emirates stadium.

• Downvote 2

blatantly written by an arsenal fan

not even Rsonist would write that.

now im baffled why would a stoke fan write an article like that

some confused guy

yeah i guessed that from first read thats why i thought it was an arsenal fan

but why would a stoke fan do it ?