I Wont Lie To You, I Laughed...

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

Guest Waka Flocka Dave
Blind student saves for three years to buy a guide HORSE because her strict Muslim parents consider dogs unclean

As a blind Muslim woman, Mona Ramouni has had to make do without a guide dog her whole life.

The 28-year-old's strictly religious parents would not allow a dog in the house, considering the animal unclean.

But then Miss Ramouni stumbled across a website article about miniature guide horses in April 2008.

'It was something that I never thought about for myself,' she said.

The psychology student used three years of savings from her job at a Braille proofreading company to pay for a horse to be trained to act as her guide

Since welcoming three-year-old guide horse Cali into her Dearborn, Michigan, home last year, Miss Ramouni has seen her life turned around.

Cali measures about 2ft 6in tall and has been taught to stand still indoors. She also helps Miss Ramouni get out of vehicles and move through crowds.

Her proud mistress said: 'She is an awesome little horse. What I really want is to be able to take her places neither of us would have been able to go without each other.

'Before Cali, I had given up. I got to the point where I thought, 'I'm going to get nothing out of my life'. Cali has given me the confidence back I used to have as a kid.'

Born three months premature, Miss Ramouni lost her sight shortly after birth.

Among the challenges she had to overcome in order for Cali to stay at her home were getting a permit to place a large shed in her family's garden and to find a farrier to look after the horse's hooves.

Her friends warned her it would be a difficult thing to do.

But Miss Ramouni said: 'The more everybody told me "No, don't do it," the more I wanted to do it,' she said. 'I got to a point in my life where I thought... "Why should I settle for something less than I can have?"

'There have been so many obstacles. People said 'You'll never find a vet. You'll never find a farrier." I found them all.'

She added: 'More than even the independence, I found that Cali showed me that there are possibilities.'

article-1329398-0C083DA4000005DC-961_634x396.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1329398/Blind-woman-buys-guide-HORSE-strict-Muslim-parents-consider-dogs-unclean.html?ref=nf

but this is typical daily mail tbh

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

There's one blind dude on campus, guy's always going around walking into things and smacking people with his stick.

Weird thing is I've seen man in the computer labs on the computer, guy's actually writing programs and sh*t, you hear the computer reading stuff out to him and its baffling.

i lold when i saw the miniature horse jamming in the corner of class.

not read the article, dont really feel to suffer the manipulative prose of the daily mail today.

but ofc stopping the girl from having a guide dog cos its unclean is stupid.

i dont really see the differentiation, animals generally are a bit unclean. i wud rather have a dog in my flat than a little horse galloping around, surely its easier to wash a dog than a horse.

• Upvote 1

Guest TimeBomb

Funny cos i know a girl with the same name.

I think the parents are being a bit too strict in this situation, dogs are only allowed for hunting and to guard ur home in islam, i think the rules could be slightly bent in these circumstances.

I think the parents are being a bit too strict in this situation, dogs are only allowed for hunting and to guard ur home in islam, i think the rules could be slightly bent in these circumstances.

I always wondered why strictly religious people don't stop to think why God would want them to follow bizarrely arbitrary rules like this. Like when you die God's gonna be super pissed you were chilling with a dog because you was blind, surely God would see why she needed one.

Guest TimeBomb

dogs are only allowed for hunting and to guard ur home in islam

Where does it say this?

its in several hadith, not quran, it relates to angels not visiting a home where a dog is kept, the hadith states they should only be used for hunting, guarding and herding sheep.

Guest TimeBomb

I always wondered why strictly religious people don't stop to think why God would want them to follow bizarrely arbitrary rules like this. Like when you die God's gonna be super pissed you were chilling with a dog because you was blind, surely God would see why she needed one.

the parents may be incorrect in this circumstance, islam allows u to put ur health and life before anything, for example if you are starving to death u are allowed to eat pork and drink wine, i personally feel a guide dog should qualify under that rule.