The TFL Passanger survey

Davicious X

So I get on the bus this morning and get handed this questionnaire. It wasn't something that had to be filled out but the questions are almost invasive.

People around me were filling this form out willingly probably without the thought of "why do they need such accurate information?"

I wasnt allowedto take the survey off the bus so i took a photo instead. Here are the questions

How did you get to where you boarded this bus?

At what address did you start the journey you are making now?

Why were you there?

How will you continue your journey after leaving this bus?

What is your destination address?

Why are you going there?

How did you pay your fare?

Are you a United Kingdom resident?

What's your post code?

How many cars/vans are owned by the people in your household?

Are you male or female?

What age bracket are you in?

So that's the questionnaire. They didn't ask you your name and they didn't ask you you specifically how old you are. But from the rest of the information you'd give them they don't really need to ask do they!? They now know where you live, if you own a car, if you live alone, if you have an oyster card and so much more information can be extrapolated from this tiny survey you took on the way to wherever your going.

So after reading through it I figured I wouldn't be filling it out and went to give it back to the guy who said "Give it to me when you get off" Shrugging a shoulder I sat back down but was now watching what the guy was doing.

As he was getting the surveys back, he was separating them for each bus stop, so even if you didn't fill in the questionnaire they still knew exactly where you got on and got off.

No I did not get off at my regular stop, survey had me bare paranoid so I urge you not to fill it out cos it looks to me like they obviously just wanna be in your business, but for what?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1