Imprisoned in my postcode

Dubby

gangs415.jpg

At the age of 14, London should be his oyster. In reality, Reggie's boundaries extend no further than the half-dozen or so streets around the small Tulse Hill housing estate where he lives with his mother and two younger siblings.

To venture beyond these invisible boundaries which encompass his school, the local park and a nearby shopping centre would be to invite others to attack or rob him, purely because he had dared to stray from his home turf.

“There are places you just don't go,” he explains. “Not unless you know someone there really well or you're travelling as part of a much bigger group. If you're on your own and you're a new face, people will rob you, take everything you have. The only way to stop it happening is not to go to those places.”

The notion of so-called postcode wars may have slipped from the headlines recently but the territorial divisions continue to exert a powerful influence on the lives of thousands of young Londoners. The more deprived the area, the more they try to assert control over the one thing they can lay claim to: the streets.

Read more: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle/article-23897638-imprisoned-in-my-postcode.do

"""So far this year a total of 17 youths have been murdered in the capital. Many of the deaths have been attributed to inter-gang rivalry but even those who try to avoid being drawn into that world can still experience considerable problems. “My brother had a link [girlfriend] he wanted to see in Norwood but I told him not to go. I said, You don't know no one, you ain't got no hood pass. It's not worth the risk'.""

PAR

media always hype stuff like this, but there's still truth to it.

the title: "imprisoned by my post" code is very real, anyone saying its fraff is the one talking fraff

from when i know certain man who couldn't attend his own cousins wake cos it was in woolwich

how is that not imprisonment. obviously mainly a teenage but its happening

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

the title: "imprisoned by my post" code is very real, anyone saying its fraff is the one talking fraff

from when i know certain man who couldn't attend his own cousins wake cos it was in woolwich

Cuz moretime the reason this happens is because you're in a gang and have done something directly or indirectly to the gang from the other bits..not just turning 14 and not being able to go anywhere

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LMFAO

The guy who wrote the article 'interviewed' me & a couple of dudes I play uni football with...

We were on the Tube on the way back from football & this old, White dude just saw asking us about all types of 'street' sh*t.

I'm not into that sh*t, so I was giving him the perspective of someone who's aware of what's going on but who's detached.

The ONE guy I was with. Oh my days, the GAS he was spraying. f*ck*ng cringeworthy.

We thought the dude was just being inquisitive, then one of my team-mates was like, ''Yeah, he's an esteemed journalist, he's written for this, that, this, etc, my Mum's worked with him...''

Then I see this article in the London Evening Standard a few weeks later, lol.

• Downvote 1

Cuz moretime the reason this happens is because you're in a gang and have done something directly or indirectly to the gang from the other bits..not just turning 14 and not being able to go anywhere

wrong. its not just about gangs, same way the statistics of reality dont matter when the feeling of reality is more overwhelming.

there's plenty non gang related teens fearful of stepping out their bits. it doesnt mean that anything will actually happen

but the fear is their own reality.

but anyway i hate all such articles in the media cos its some c*nt who never gives a sh*t just wants to decode 'urbanville'

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

wrong. its not just about gangs, same way the statistics of reality dont matter when the feeling of reality is more overwhelming.

there's plenty non gang related teens fearful of stepping out their bits. it doesnt mean that anything will actually happen

but anyway i hate all such articles in the media cos its some c*nt who never gives a sh*t just wants to decode 'urbanville'

but more gang related males are trapped in there bits than non gang related males, hence "more time"

but more gang related males are trapped in there bits than non gang related males, hence "more time"

how do you know that? or are you jus trying to guess cos you havent put any numbers down.

when we talk of certain postcodes you have ANY younger scared of leaving those ends gang or not, and moretime its the ones with no back up i.e. non gang related that will be more shook.

/

the article is hyperbole, but the title isnt.