Arrogant with out any Justification

anelka

This crop are too arrogant, they think they are better than what they are which I cant understand as we last won something in 05After every loss or draw Wenger says "it weas too easy or we were too comfortable and switched off" subsequently allowing the other team back into it..Im sorry but a football match is 90mins not 50mins, im sure Tony Pullis could say the exact thing at timesDjourou 2nite said we shudda "won it easy", Im sorry but thats for the fans 2 say, I expect more tact and professionalism from a playerThe facts tell us our captain and best player is a bench warmer / 1st off the bench for his country and Nasri our 2nd best player was not selected to represent france at the world cup so their not exactly messi or Ronaldo are they??We have three top players (Cesc, Nasri & RVP) so I dnt know where this arrogance is coming from, Henry, Pires, Wrighty etc could back their talk but this mob are a bunch of talkers..Cesc our captain is the same chap who insulted Sparky that time, it doesnt bode well for the future, Wenger needs to sort it outHaving said that Wenger exacerbated this culture and "gassed" the players buy doing his nonsense in the Carling Cup, especially against Chelsea in the final when he insisted playing that shoddy 2nd string

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This crop are too arrogant, they think they are better than what they are which I cant understand as we last won something in 05
I don't think that many of the squad do think they are better than what they are, what it comes down to is also how they are paid. Some are very well paid and do not produce i.e. Vela, they become comfortable and don't have to try as hard as say someone who is a "star" player or trying to break into the side. Do not get me wrong I can totally see where you are coming from.
After every loss or draw Wenger says "it weas too easy or we were too comfortable and switched off" subsequently allowing the other team back into it..
That's Wenger for you, he will always say something along them lines rather than slating the team. You'd rather say certain things behind closed doors than in the public because the media will interpret what is said in different ways.
Im sorry but a football match is 90mins not 50mins, im sure Tony Pullis could say the exact thing at times
I agree, you play the full 90 mins plus what is added on, don't bloody stop until it's game over.
Djourou 2nite said we shudda "won it easy", Im sorry but thats for the fans 2 say, I expect more tact and professionalism from a player
I can't comment on what he said since I need a full transcript, because I'm sure there was more to Djourou's point than "won it easy". Sometimes in a heat of the moment you don't get time to think, emotions run high after games.
The facts tell us our captain and best player is a bench warmer / 1st off the bench for his country and Nasri our 2nd best player was not selected to represent france at the world cup so their not exactly messi or Ronaldo are they??
Cesc has Xavi and Alonso occupying the role he would take up in a midfield 3 with Busquets operating behind them, even Iniesta playing wide right in a front 3. For him it is hard to get into the 11 when you have quality in front of you, this doesn't make him a bad player by any means, it's just the Spanish have got a fantastic generation of players right now. Nasri let's not even discuss why Raymond never picked him, I'm sure MK can do the typing instead. No they aren't Messi or Ronaldo because they are Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri, 4 different players all do different roles, Messi has never set the world alight for Argentina has he? Ronaldo has had moments here and there but never trail blazed. Nasri now starts under Blanc with Gourcuff in a midfield 3 which looks to have settled perfect after all the talk in France of "Can this work or is it France's version of Lampard-Gerrard?"
We have three top players (Cesc, Nasri & RVP) so I dnt know where this arrogance is coming from, Henry, Pires, Wrighty etc could back their talk but this mob are a bunch of talkers..
They could back their talk and them 3 have backed it just not on the trophy level, but remember it's ok having them 3 but they have 8 other men on the pitch who should be putting in a shift.
Cesc our captain is the same chap who insulted Sparky that time, it doesnt bode well for the future, Wenger needs to sort it out
Nothing wrong with insulting Hughes is there? I know what was said but what's the difference between him saying it and someone else? Cesc had an opinion he said it, I've got mine, you have yours, the forum have many, the media have theirs.
Having said that Wenger exacerbated this culture and "gassed" the players buy doing his nonsense in the Carling Cup, especially against Chelsea in the final when he insisted playing that shoddy 2nd string
Wenger had faith in the youngers players and didn't want to drop them since they got the team to the final. I would have loved to have won that game but like you I wish he played a stronger side for the final, especially upfront! I don't think he "gassed" the players what so ever, he stuck to what he thought was right at the time and lived with it. If we hadn't have been up against a superior Chelsea side that day and we beat some other side we wouldn't be having this debate.Now to some users who may read this and think, "Stat has his Wenger blinkers on", I will disagree of course, I'm just passing on my side of things. Like you all I do love my club and have done since I was born but what we are going through right now is just a pain in the arse (excuse this). We may not have won a trophy since 2005 but think about the fans who have been supporting the club since the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and they will tell you how it felt not winning a trophy for 10+ years felt like, times you need to experience the rough with the smooth to get a full feel of reality.In reality he has spoilt us fans, the guy has totally changed the perception of Arsenal Football Club, they have moved on in leaps and bounds, some of which I agree with while others I do not.The weekend was a massive kick in the balls believe me that hurt me deep down, but when I hear the "Wenger Out" talk I think it;s utter knee jerk reactions, some will back up why they want him out and Talksport will latch on to what you say to create some all good controversy but really do we want him out? You have to be careful what you wish for.
  • Upvote 5

Arrogance is a given but misplaced arrogance is something I see from arsenal fans all the time.Certain times you're arguing with a Man Utd fan about their aspirations for the season and they're like 'yeah we'll probably win the league and go close in the CL' they say this almost every single season even when they're not looking strong and when you try to rationalise why they won't their answer is always the same - ' yeah but we're Man United, we're always there or thereabouts thats what we do'.Arsenal fans are similar, which is f*ck*ng baffling to me cos you man haven't won sh*t for time.When we were outperforming you in europe and domestically Arsenal fans were still talking down to man like it was 03, it was f*ck*ng surreal but it trickles down from your manager gassing you about the importance of the way you play, young squad, tight budget etc etc etc I suppose.

You talk to Arsenals fans who legitimately believe that we'll win the league & CL season after season?C'mon son. If we're guilty of any arrogance, it's the belief that we can CHALLENGE & that we play the best football. In MY opinion, there's evidence for & against those statements, so it's not a misplaced arrogance.

• Downvote 1

Pos @ MrJibbles, I know ur Arsenal old sklMy main concern is the players thinking they are betta than they are because they play this "amazing" brand of football..Im sorry but its not that great and not enough to win anything, you have to show more qualities..Our teams under Wenger the successful ones had the flair but had that fighting spirit, these lot think just coz they play this "amazing" brand of football its enough but its notI mentioned Cesc insulting Hughes because imo that was an arrogant act of petulance,

The pair could be seen exchanging angry words after the final whistle, after which Hughes said: "When we shook hands at the end, the young man asked me a question which I thought was disrespectful. He asked me if I had played for Barcelona and when I said yes, he shook his head as if in disbelief. Then he said, 'Well, that wasn't Barcelona football'."
Granted he apologised, but to even say that lacked class imo, now hes our captain so god knows what hes telling the players before kick offI will neva say Wenger out ever in my life, he has done 2much for us, my criticism is aimed at the players, arrogance is kl when its justified, Souness was on about great players being arrogant last nite and its tru but u have 2 back ur talk and so far this group have failed to do so..

People have been saying Wenger out for years, even on this forum. Its not about trophies for me, its just the fact the I see the same mistakes from 5 years ago. That has to be down to Wenger(as well as the players).We see different centre backs, different keepers but the same mistakes are made, why? Im not going into the money debate but even if there were limited funds surely over the last few years he would buy the players so that by now the problems would be resolved. But yet we are in 2010 going on 2011 and people are still unhappy with goalkeeper, centre backs , midfielders etcYes we should be grateful for what Wenger has done, we all are, but let me ask you this, if Wenger left 5 years ago, would you give the new manager as much faith? Are people only giving Wenger more chances because of what he done before, or because you actually believe that he and this team can achieve what we all want them to?There so much that dont make sense, we were sh*t, then we managed to build a sick team in 07/08. I think we lost 3 games in the league that season. Look at that team, if we built on that would be in the position we are in now? Yes we had some d*ckhead players, eduardo/rosicky injury etc but no way should so many players have left. (This is the past but it still pisses me off)I just dont get why the issues we have arent being addressed. They seem so clear but nothing is happening. Or maybe it is? But again surely thats down to the manager. If in training he is making sure we address these problems but they players arently learning then drop them untill they do, or sell them if they wont. And if he isnt addressing these issues, why not? No matter how stubborn a person maybe is something is so obvious and will improve you if you address it, they would no?One thing I can directly criticize Arsene for is the decisions he makes on team selection for cup games. We see it so many times and it ALWAYS f*cks us over. Shaktar are pretty good granted, we ended them at the Emirates but we knew they would be better at home. Why not play your best team (ok you can make 1 or 2 changes) win or draw, and then you have 2 games in the champions league where you can afford to rest players. Instead we play some next team, end up losing which puts pressure on us for the Braga game(which we also lose), then we go and get beat by Newcastle next game :D. We always lose games in clusters.I aint screamin Wenger out, theres other problems like the board and money etc. We know Wenger wont be sacked, and unless he gets offered an exceptional oppertunity I doubt he will walk out before his contract ends. IMO we can still do so much better with what we have. Yeh the players have let him down many times, but he has f*cked up loads aswell and its like some people are so into him they dont realise that he can be held accountable for loads of things.As much as everyone is pissed off we still have everything to play for. I just hope we dont f*ck up a good chance to actually do something because of poor tactics/mentality and basic errors. Just sort it out ffs.Edit: On topic(lol).. I do think some players are a bit gassed but its just the overall mentality. They always get improved contracts even though they dont do sh*t. And imo they always get told if they play like they know they will win. Problem is i dont think they all really believe it.

• Upvote 1

Not definitely win them but seriously challenge on both fronts yes.I'm not trying to send but I honestly don't see you as title contenders and haven't done for a while, the only nailed on contenders are Chelsea and Man Utd. Even when we pushed Man Utd I was surprised by it, our team was class but I didn't think we had the squad to sustain it. Certain times Chelsea bring players on from the bench I forgot they even had, that's whats required to mount serious challenges on both fronts.As for playing the best football, I think you've got a shout but personally Arsenal frustrate the sh*t out of me.

mp I pos'd you before even reading that your not screaming Wenger out. This is where our fans go wrong we look at what Wenger has done for us and allow him for the past 5 years. f*ck that Wenger needs to be pressured by fans, like you said he probably wont get sacked but it will at least make Wenger and the board start thinking. Right now the majority of real Arsenal fans know Wenger and the board are to blame but do nothing about it, you either continue holding onto Wenger's hope year after year or allow him for what he has done for us. His reputation is getting tarnished imo and the longer this goes on the more I hate him and his stubborn ways. Look how Mourinho talked about Wenger in the other thread, he is becoming a joke.

mp I pos'd you before even reading that your not screaming Wenger out. This is where our fans go wrong we look at what Wenger has done for us and allow him for the past 5 years. f*ck that Wenger needs to be pressured by fans, like you said he probably wont get sacked but it will at least make Wenger and the board start thinking. Right now the majority of real Arsenal fans know Wenger and the board are to blame but do nothing about it, you either continue holding onto Wenger's hope year after year or allow him for what he has done for us. His reputation is getting tarnished imo and the longer this goes on the more I hate him and his stubborn ways. Look how Mourinho talked about Wenger in the other thread, he is becoming a joke.
so what exactly do u want the fans to do

Cesc our captain is the same chap who insulted Sparky that time, it doesnt bode well for the future, Wenger needs to sort it out
so cesc boyed of mark hughes, who cares wtf did hughes do at barca anywaythe best players in the world often have a bit of arrogance henry, beckham, keane, ronaldo, cashley etc its often part of the make up if u wanna be a top top player
  • Upvote 1

Right now Wenger taking it from enough angles, that Arsenal fans thinking turning the pressure on him is not exactly gonna help matters.Wenger wont and couldnt get sacked anyway. Better off turning on the board if you want Wenger sacked tbh.
Wenger hasn't got the roasting he deserves yet so dno bout taking it from enough angles. Plus if the board and your fans are not pressuring you then your more or less comfortable in your job which Wenger is.n a I'm not asking for fans to riot just stop acting like pussyoles. I always hear the same excuses when I say Wenger should leave and none of them are justifiable yet fans accept what he says and keep moving on. This is the 4th consecutive year that Wenger has blatantly chatted a bag of sh*t over the summer, signed mediocre players and/or letting experience go yet most you fans keep backing him.At the end of the day like people have stated he wont be pressured by the board so its up to us to pressure both Wenger and the board cause right now to them there isnt a problem. Our club is making profit and finishing top 4 so our goals are being achieved, deepest thing is until Wenger or the board are sweating them goals will continue to be our main priorities.

You don't look at the front of papers no?I dont think pressure results in trophies, especially if its pressure with a conclusion that nobody wants or is going to give.Wenger is a legend, even now he has done many a good thing even in his stubborness... And hey his stubborness now may even result in a good thing if the players produce everything he believes they can do... But point is when you achieve Wenger's ranking, you assemble a squad on the budget he has, make them play the football they play, and achieve the results they do for that budget, then your roasting will be what Wenger gets every transfer window - Buy a top keeper, a solid CB, and a prolific goalscorer, all for now and you will win stuff now.

You don't look at the front of papers no?I dont think pressure results in trophies, especially if its pressure with a conclusion that nobody wants or is going to give.Wenger is a legend, even now he has done many a good thing even in his stubborness... And hey his stubborness now may even result in a good thing if the players produce everything he believes they can do... But point is when you achieve Wenger's ranking, you assemble a squad on the budget he has, make them play the football they play, and achieve the results they do for that budget, then your roasting will be what Wenger gets every transfer window - Buy a top keeper, a solid CB, and a prolific goalscorer, all for now and you will win stuff now.
Its funny you say trophies in plural as I genuinely do not believe Wenger has it in him to win 2 more trophies at Arsenal.Wenger is a legend, but so are so many other managers out there. What has he done in the past 4 years that can give an argument for him to stay? He's done more harm then good.Its his fault we have Almunia, its his fault we have Denilson, its his fault we have so many bob standard, no heart players that I just cant see past it.And I am tired of hearing for our budget he has done well. He tells us himself he has funds to spend and tells us every year he wants to bring in world class players. Fair enough if he kept his mouth shut we could fully blame the board but him telling us this gives the fans false hope.
  • Downvote 1

I swear down, Arsenal fans are f*cking MORONS. Before Wenger came along would you like to know where Arsenal was? 70's and 80's where was we? 90's United DOMINATED until Wenger came 97-98. Would you like to go back to those years now by sacking Wenger and bringing in someone who spends £30m on one player and splashes the cash and has subs on high wages? We're one of the ONLY clubs run well without no take over and a good squad. And quite frankly, the only club I'd actually pay £50 not including travel to go and watch play football the way they do, which I have been.Certain man saw a few good years and got carried away. Look how many teams have stepped up. It was United and Arsenal for so long, then Chelsea, Liverpool for a bit, now we got Spurs, Everton consistently finishing 5th, Villa, and now money bags City up there. What you want Wenger to do? Go buy 3-4 top players @ £25m on high wages and hope that pays off and run us down into the ground with debt like Liverfool and United?Look at Chelsea now cost cutting and saving, and bare old man in their team, and what are they doing? Are they spending BIG now? Carvalho, Joe Cole not getting the wages he wanted, Ballack etc. Are United spending £30m like they did anymore? Rooney? Ferdinand? Hargreaves? Anderson? Nani? Sack Wenger and we go backwards. It's as simple as that. Times have changed. Some of you man talk like you been supporting Arsenal only when the Invincibles landed. What he's doing now will pay off. If I didn't think or believe that I'd stay in my house. And when you look at other clubs right now, I'd rather be in the position we're in. 2 points off the top at the start of December, League Cup QF at home, 1 game away from qualifying the the knock out stages. 5 years is a long time I agree, but I remember where we was BEFORE he landed, and the day I see us going back in that direction is the day I start losing faith. Quite frankly I'd rather you man stopped supporting Arsenal rather than him leave. KMT.Rant over.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

I swear down, Arsenal fans are f*cking MORONS. Before Wenger came along would you like to know where Arsenal was? 70's and 80's where was we? 90's United DOMINATED until Wenger came 97-98. Would you like to go back to those years now by sacking Wenger and bringing in someone who spends £30m on one player and splashes the cash and has subs on high wages? We're one of the ONLY clubs run well without no take over and a good squad. And quite frankly, the only club I'd actually pay £50 not including travel to go and watch play football the way they do, which I have been.Certain man saw a few good years and got carried away. Look how many teams have stepped up. It was United and Arsenal for so long, then Chelsea, Liverpool for a bit, now we got Spurs, Everton consistently finishing 5th, Villa, and now money bags City up there. What you want Wenger to do? Go buy 3-4 top players @ £25m on high wages and hope that pays off and run us down into the ground with debt like Liverfool and United?Look at Chelsea now cost cutting and saving, and bare old man in their team, and what are they doing? Are they spending BIG now? Carvalho, Joe Cole not getting the wages he wanted, Ballack etc. Are United spending £30m like they did anymore? Rooney? Ferdinand? Hargreaves? Anderson? Nani? Sack Wenger and we go backwards. It's as simple as that. Times have changed. Some of you man talk like you been supporting Arsenal only when the Invincibles landed. What he's doing now will pay off. If I didn't think or believe that I'd stay in my house. And when you look at other clubs right now, I'd rather be in the position we're in. 2 points off the top at the start of December, League Cup QF at home, 1 game away from qualifying the the knock out stages. 5 years is a long time I agree, but I remember where we was BEFORE he landed, and the day I see us going back in that direction is the day I start losing faith. Quite frankly I'd rather you man stopped supporting Arsenal rather than him leave. KMT.Rant over.
f*ck off did we not win the league in 91? I hate dumb fans that go on like we didn't win anything before WengerThe problem isnt the players at all. Ok some of them aren't good enough but thats not their fault. Who picks the team?Our problem is Wenger. The guy is a loserThe board are to blame aswell. No trophy for 5 years but they give him an extended contract till 2014. f*ck*ng joke
  • Downvote 3