Tevez Dropping Some Real Talk

Mame Biram Diouf

Carlos Tevez has revealed how disgruntled with life in Europe he is, insisting he will return home to Argentina by the time he is 30.

Tevez has long been rumoured to be unhappy with his footballing life, not just at Manchester City, but with his professional career in general.

The Argentine star was recently allowed to return home for a prolonged trip, with reports suggesting he was considering his future.

Now he has admitted that he cannot see a long-term future in Europe after spells at West Ham United and Manchester United before his time at City.

In an interview with Argentinian station TyC Sports, Tevez reportedly said: "If you ask me, I would love to have my old life back in my neighbourhood of Fuerte Apache. I don't want to play anymore.

"I'm tired of football but I'm also tired of people who work in football. Football is only about money and I don't like it."

Tevez also admitted that he was disillusioned with the attitude of young players in the game.

"The young players think they have won something in football because they have two cell phones and a house," he said.

"Today there are many bad people in the football business and you have to fight with them all the time. I'm going to play football for three or four years in Europe then I will quit.

"Today the young players have no education at all and I don't want to listen to them.

"When I played in Boca, when Martin Palermo or Juan Roman Riquelme talked, I listened to them. So I don't want a young player to ask me 'why did you do that?' in the dressing room. I would punch them as I have won 13 titles in my career."

:lol: :lol:

• Downvote 1

Guest Awesome Kong

].

"When I played in Boca, when Martin Palermo or Juan Roman Riquelme talked, I listened to them. So I don't want a young player to ask me 'why did you do that?' in the dressing room. I would punch them as I have won 13 titles in my career."

:lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Player power gone mad.

IMO he should be sued 'til he's peniless if he trys to pull such a stunt, he's in contract and is paid very well for his services.

very true , but do you really want a player who doesnt want to be there?..... and in all fairness despite all the nonsense tevev has been by far and away their best player

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

boy, if ur unhappy ur unhappy

hope he finds a situation that suits him, aint about doin what u dnt wanna do for however many years when u could be doin sutin worthwhile, who knows u may get badly injured, get ill or jus die before u do what u want.

Carlos Tevez has confirmed he wishes to leave Manchester City and called the situation "regrettable".

Tevez has responded quickly to City's confirmation that they had turned down a transfer request from the Argentinian striker and hinted they would hold him to a contract that is not due to expire until 2014.

However, Tevez's mind is made up, as he outlined in a statement on Sunday evening.

"I can confirm I have handed a transfer request to the chairman of Manchester City Football Club," said the 26-year-old.

"Now I need to clear my head and think because this is an important part of my career.

"My feelings have not changed and it is regrettable that we have reached this situation.

"But it is something I have felt for some time and have spent many hours thinking this through."

Tevez revealed that he first asked to leave the Blues this summer but was talked out of taking such drastic action by long-time advisor Kia Joorabchian.

That the controversial Iranian businessman should now be singled out by City for their irritation only threatens to backfire on them, given Tevez is now fuming, his relationship with certain members of the Blues hierarchy now irretrievably damaged.

"I hugely resent the management's suggestions that I have been unduly influenced by others," said Tevez.

"I wanted to leave in the summer, but was convinced to return to the club. Sadly, my feelings have not changed.

"I am disappointed that the management should now see fit to try to portray the situation in another light.

"My relationship with certain executives and individuals at the club has broken down and is now beyond repair.

"I do not wish to expand on this at this stage. They know, because I have told them."

Tevez stressed that he bore no ill-will to manager Roberto Mancini, despite their touchline row during last week's win over Bolton.

He also thanked owner Sheikh Mansour for his understanding.

"I wish to clarify that I have no personal issue with the manager Roberto Mancini," he said.

"The owner has been very generous with what he has offered to me. I would like to thank Sheik Mansour for his understanding and support."

It has also been categorically denied that Tevez is refusing to play for the Blues, even though it is difficult to see how he could be considered for selection, as City claimed in their own statement earlier on Sunday.

"Carlos' current five-year contract has three-and-a-half years to run and he is the highest paid player at the Manchester City," said City's statement.

"We can also confirm that the (transfer) request has been rejected but this is both an unfortunate and unwelcome distraction.

"The door remains open for Carlos to be selected to play."

The striker is citing personal anguish at being apart from his two young daughters, who are back home in Argentina, as one of the reasons for his discontent.

However, whilst this situation is accurate, the club feel there are other forces at work, notably Joorabchian, whose once integral position at Eastlands no longer exists.

"The club remains disappointed by this situation and particularly with the actions of Carlos' representative," said the club.

"The written transfer request is in stark contrast to Carlos' stated position in both public and club contexts.

"Significantly, over recent months, the club has also received numerous requests from Carlos' representative to renegotiate and improve his playing contract as well as more recently a request to extend that contract by another year."

Tevez is due back from Tenerife on Tuesday and in theory could play against Juventus on Thursday.

In truth, it is hard to see how he could turn out for a club he has scored 40 goals for in just 60 appearances to become such an integral part of their Premier League title challenge.

Indeed, Tevez, who has spoken of retiring completely, could now find himself in the unique position of being loathed by both sides of Manchester given the manner in which he left United in 2009.

"Since signing for Manchester City, I have enjoyed playing for the supporters." he said.

"They have welcomed me to the club and I regret that it has come to this.

"They deserve success as reward for their passionate and patient support. The club is very fortunate to have supporters like these.

"Anybody who has watched me play for Manchester City cannot question my commitment and passion for the club whenever I have worn the shirt.

"I want to thank the supporters for making me welcome at Manchester City and hope they agree I have given my all for the club on the pitch."