Songs New Role

Natty

Finally it has been explained by Wenger

“Teams close us down because they know we play through the middle, so I push my midfielders up a bit at the start to give us more room,” said Wenger.“Song is high up the pitch because we want him there.“I am comfortable with that, even though it sometimes leaves us open in the middle of the park. If we lose the ball in the build-up, we are in trouble.“But we want to play in the other half of the pitch and, therefore, we have to push our opponents back. My philosophy is not to be in trouble, but to fool the opponent into trouble.“Sometimes it doesn’t do my heart-rate much good. But if you get the three points it’s OK.“We had to gamble against Fulham. We finished with five strikers on the pitch to win the game because that was absolutely needed.”Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/215707/Arsenal-2-Fulham-1-Song-and-dance-act-suits-Arsène-WengerArsenal-2-Fulham-1-Song-and-dance-act-suits-Arsene-Wenger#ixzz17IEUk1ii
I still don't agree with it but at least we are 100% sure now that Song has been told to do this sh*t and hasn't just gone nutsIt's kinda retarded what hes saying we just go for broke and as long as we score and we win then its all good?:/He knows it means we can be exposed but will still do it against the big guns like man united and chelsea and when we are in the lead he dont even tell song to curb his attacking:/

While TF's love for Arsenal is great, at times, it brinks on blind love that affects his understanding on football outside of Arsenal.Mikel is by FAR a better DM than Song.However, as a footballer, it's arguable. And Mikel has the advantage of playing under 2, world-class coaches who base their teams on a solid, defensive unit. If Song had that opportunity, who knows.But as an anchorman, it's no contest IMO.
See the flaw in what your actually saying is that your basing Mikel in the Chelsea system to Song in Arsenal system to decide who is the better DM, f*ck that who is the better player! The teams have different mindsets. Chelsea are way more discliplined coming from their manager, while Arsenal are way more expansive, Mikel wont score goals like Song did aginst Bolton, cos he isn't told to step out... Its like comparing the stereotypical way the Dutch and Germany's could play the same systems and formations but the personnel will have completely different freedoms and responsibilities

So why is Wilshere holding his position as the deepest midfielder covering/protecting our defence, more frequently than others?It's all well and good following 'instructions' but there are times when you have to take initiative and responsibility IMO.The irony is that Song does this when we are chasing a game, he attempts to drive us forward and provide another option in an advanced position.But, Song should be showing more tactical awareness by disciplining himself similarly to Wilshere.Certain times I see him upfront with his back to goal trying to turn..If this is how we are going to play then we need to start killing teams off quickly, as well as pressing from the front.I also agree with the comment Tyred made, just not to that extent.However, we've needed a combative midfielder for a couple of years, so maybe if that had been addressed, Song's 'new role' would be more understandable.(Not that I ever expected one, we've got an abundance of midfielders now)This time next month we would have played against Man U, Chelsea and Man City.Those games alone will show a lot about this direction Song's role is heading in.

While TF's love for Arsenal is great, at times, it brinks on blind love that affects his understanding on football outside of Arsenal.Mikel is by FAR a better DM than Song.However, as a footballer, it's arguable. And Mikel has the advantage of playing under 2, world-class coaches who base their teams on a solid, defensive unit. If Song had that opportunity, who knows.But as an anchorman, it's no contest IMO.
See the flaw in what your actually saying is that your basing Mikel in the Chelsea system to Song in Arsenal system to decide who is the better DM, f*ck that who is the better player! The teams have different mindsets. Chelsea are way more discliplined coming from their manager, while Arsenal are way more expansive, Mikel wont score goals like Song did aginst Bolton, cos he isn't told to step out... Its like comparing the stereotypical way the Dutch and Germany's could play the same systems and formations but the personnel will have completely different freedoms and responsibilities
Bruva, I don't want to get into this again. :D I'm sure I addressed your reply back then anyway.

Teams suffocate us in the middle of the pitch. We dont move the ball fast enough. If we leave a man "holding", it means we are playing deeper than we need to, as usually teams will setup so when we attack they get at least 6 men behind the ball as quicky as possible, to our 4 attacking.Our midfielders are not runners, they all fairly static, yes they move into spaces and make room, but they all like to come short and to the ball. Its pretty easy for a well drilled team to then get back and protect their space.Take last season for example, Sagna makes a run, their winger tracks him, Song drops into defence, our CB carries the ball, until their midfielder comes to press him, so our CB gives it to our winger or whoever came short who then tries to find Clichy or Fabregas and by this time the opposition is swamping us or just preparing to stop any final ball we try.This season, I think partly as our CB arent as comfortable on the ball or on joining attacks, Clichy/Sagna still go, Wilshere/Denilson will run to get the ball of our CB, then pass it to say Arshavin/Fabregas/Nasri, then its obvious to me that someone had told Song to just make a run, it aint even a run of any intent per say but just to disturb their defenders cos he runs beyond Chamakh. It was bait he was doing it to unsettle their organisation and put them on the backfoot, its a run the likes of Diaby/Denilson would never make, as its fairly headless chicken, but its to push teams back when we dont have Walcott's pace or desire to run beyond.

• Upvote 3

I love how general internet fans think they can tell a man off 60 plus years on this planet and 13 semi finals in 17 years what to do.sit down yeahand shut the f*ck up.mike kane is the biggest mugf*ck here, f*ck you playin at trying tell wenger how to do his job, ur just some off the boat french reject who spys on footballers and wanks over them in a car, ya inbread cuntbag

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I love how general internet fans think they can tell a man off 60 plus years on this planet and 13 semi finals in 17 years what to do.sit down yeahand shut the f*ck up.mike kane is the biggest mugf*ck here, f*ck you playin at trying tell wenger how to do his job, ur just some off the boat french reject who spys on footballers and wanks over them in a car, ya inbread cuntbag
15-50-Cent-SMH.gif
  • Upvote 4