Hughton Sacked

Flojo

Newcastle United have parted company with manager Chris Hughton following a recent dip in the team's fortunes.

The Magpies were beaten 3-1 at West Brom on Saturday, a week after holding Chelsea to a 1-1 draw, although that result followed a 5-1 defeat at Bolton.

Hughton guided Newcastle back into the Premier League this season after their relegation in the 2009-10 campaign.

Newcastle are currently 11th in the top flight, with five wins from 16 games - only two of those coming at home.

Rumours that the ex-Spurs defender was set to leave the club began circulating several weeks ago.

This is f*ck*ng hilarious even for Newcastle, really want to see who they've got lined up.

lol I just typed his name in on tweetdeck to see the response, fans from every club can't believe it.

I haven't seen one person say they think it's a good decision yet.

Ashley is a f*ck*ng idiot. Considering he's redeemed a decent standing with the Newcastle fans off the back of Hughton's success you'd have thought he'd think long and hard about doing anything to upset the fans again, especially when it's a decision as obviously retarded as this.

surprising in the timing, but not surprising overall (?)

its odd really, he has never been in a stable position at the club, his job always seemed under pressure whenever they lost, but considering how far they've come with him at the helm it seems crazy to sack him, especially now

what more could he have done?

they got relegated and he brought them back up again on the first try, no easy thing that

beat Chelsea and Arsenal away, battered Sunderland...plus they're 11th in the league ffs

with hardly no money during the summer and stalling on his contract renewal he still managed to keep a grip on a pretty volatile Newcastle squad

Mike Ashley is a lunatic :/

• Upvote 2

I see where they are coming from..however its not a great squad at all

Hes had great wins against us, Chavski (Carling Cup), Villa, Everton, West Ham & Sunderland, a great draw against Chelsea..

Newcastle 0-2 Blackpool

Newcastle 1-2 Stoke

Newcastle 2-2 Wigan

Newcastle 0-0 Fulham

Newcastle 1-2 Blackburn

Bolton 5-1 Newcastle

WBA 3-1 Newcastle

Still harsh but I spose they wudda been looking 4 better results in some of those games..

They r thinking we have conceded 8 goals away from home in the last 2, n coz the home form is so poor they cant afford for the away form 2 dip..

Barton getting suspended n Nolan inj f*cked him up tbh

He was neva that guy anyways

• Downvote 12

im hoping for a players strike regarding this.

This is what happens when you have cunts in charge of football clubs.

Hope Houghton finds his feet quickly, he's proven himself to be a manager worthy of managing in the premiership and i hope he isn't tossed into the wilderness or even back into the championship. He's deserved better.

But gotta agree with Fanta, this isn't suprising. But is disgracefull

I see where they are coming from..however its not a great squad at all

Hes had great wins against us, Chavski (Carling Cup), Villa, Everton, West Ham & Sunderland, a great draw against Chelsea..

Newcastle 0-2 Blackpool

Newcastle 1-2 Stoke

Newcastle 2-2 Wigan

Newcastle 0-0 Fulham

Newcastle 1-2 Blackburn

Bolton 5-1 Newcastle

WBA 3-1 Newcastle

Still harsh but I spose they wudda been looking 4 better results in some of those games..

They r thinking we have conceded 8 goals away from home in the last 2, n coz the home form is so poor they cant afford for the away form 2 dip..

Barton getting suspended n Nolan inj f*cked him up tbh

He was neva that guy anyways

Where are they coming from Nicolas?

/

This & the FIFA (though nothing new) has really made it clear how much football is run by absolute muppets.

• Upvote 6

I suppose Curbishley/O'Neil (or whatever mug they get in) is going to have them hitting the dizzy heights of champs league football then.

How on earth Ashley is a millionaire baffles me.

you have to question why Curbs has been out of work for so long though no?

and i'd question O'Neil's desire tbh, plus he wouldnt get the money he was getting @ Villa thats for sure