David Cameron on Tuition Fees

Davicious X

"Recession has been the perfect opportunity for the tories to push through their age old agenda of cuts to public funding and moves towards more privitisation."

This is disingenuous. Although you might think Tories are some evil cunts who enjoy to make working people's lives miserable.

Not at all.

The tories agenda is to support business and the rich at the expense of the working class. Always has been and always will be. Get on your bike anyone?

Look at all the cuts - they hit the poor the most. Public services that the rich people dont need but the poorest people depend on. Even something small like VAT hits the poor people proportionally harder. And we've got people living in fuel poverty, cant afford to put more money on the meter, whilst the energy companies are making billions and the rich folk on other side of town live in mansions and drive X5s. Not to mention the likes of 'Lord' Ashcroft and all the dodgy dealings regarding tax havens.

The benefit state and the poor people of this country might be part of the problem, but shitting on them isnt the solution.

Really? Last time I checked, income inequality has been at its highest levels since WW2 under Blair, Brown. Who do you think pays most of the taxes in this country? Something like the richest 5% pay 70% of the taxes. You talking like people didn't live in fuel poverty under labour, or that people didn't live in mansions and drive X5s under Labour, thats quite laughable. Energy companies have been making obscene profits for years. How many dodgy people were funding Labour? Hinduja brothers anyone? Cash for honours?

Ok.

You generally refute points well and Im impressed with your knowledge in this area, I'll admit its greater than mine.

That being said, the main point in my reply was intended to be the fact that the cuts hit the poorest, the hardest, while the rich still live in relative comfort and many businesses stay making rediculous profits. This in my eyes is a massive injustice and reminds me of what has happened to my country under Thatcher.

SMH at these guys backing thatcher.

woman has blood on her hands.

/

jack has his head screwed on still.

positives.

c/s

Good to see a younger guy with his mind right.

If you lot defending Thatcher are black then SMH & LOL. "Top 5 Uni" students or not, you're f*ck*ng lost.

Why are we lost? Look at the facts and stop being emotional and making ad hominem attacks. Refute anything we have said with logic and facts. But you know you can't do that so you resort to emotive retorts.

Why is it wrong to defend Thatcher if we are black? Even if she were the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, you can still recognise and respect her achievements.

You are the same people that will continue to vote Diane Abbott and David Lammy, knowing fully well that they are politcially inept and useless, knowing fully well that the Labour party will never give them a major ministerial position.

Woman has blood on her hands? As much as Blair or Brown or even Harold Wilson? See how he fully supported Nigeria's genocidal ambitions against Biafra. At least Thatcher fought wars worth fighting, She was on the winning side of the Cold War, and she f*cked the Argies. Also she took on a 'real' terrorist organisation and not just some idea. (cough, cough "War on terror")

All this being said you will myopically continue to vote Labour despite their shortcomings. And Labour will continue to take your vote for granted. Or maybe not since your Idea of good government is how much 'free' sh*t a government can give you.

Sorry mate but the wars she brought us in were pointless. Why the hell are they gonna go ALL THE WAY to the Falklands??? Only to show military strength. I admire the technology we had with the Harrier GR mk3 and the Sea Harrier, but look what happened to them two aircraft, we BOUGHT the later Harrier GR mk7 from America.... W|E BOUGHT THEM.............WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :/

why do you ruin good debates with such type of talk .

your whole point about going to a war wrongly was because she bought a harrier jet :/

lol@ labour being pro black. they only fought against apartheid cos they were in opposition.

just like the lib dems, (who i would actually say couldve been more pro-apartheid) but then when not in govt

its very fashionable to support things cos the politics of business or vice versa isnt in your hands.

like never raising tuition fees rolleyes.gif

No it is not Carpe. She should not have gone to war because of them small stupid Islands, putting peoples lives at risk.

/

I am saying on a manufacturing point, we had designed the Harrier, yet we bought these planes from America when we could have done it ourselves as they were OUR designs.

What was she supposed to do?

Argentina conducted a takeover of UK territory.

If you have a problem with going to war when a country attempts to take over British territory then you need to get out the army and find another job.

I think a lot of people dislike Thatcher because they have heard they're supposed to dislike Thatcher.

• Downvote 2

Guest WAVESURFER

nothing wrong with supporting idiots.

just like quite a few people voted libdems

Wait, who are you calling an idiot here?

Who is the MP for "Cashville" btw?

:arrow:

• 1 month later...

So not only will we be potentially losing foreign students because of the visa issues, British students could flock to the EU and invest their money into foreign universities. Interesting.

Hopefully people realise the possible alternatives to staying in England.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2011/mar/06/university-europe-no-debt

Carnival preparations are taking over the Dutch city of Maastricht. Multicoloured ribbons, clown masks and streamers bedeck lamp-posts and windows. Trucks are delivering beer kegs, and kiosks that will sell paper cones of chips and waffles are being set up. Revellers are arriving from miles around.

"I can't wait to see what it's going to be like," said Theresa Bullock, 19, who is in her first year at Maastricht University. She is looking forward to a break, not just from her computer science studies but from a new role that she is starting to adopt – that of an unofficial adviser. With tuition fees about to triple in Britain, more and more UK students are looking to study abroad and Maastricht, with most of its degree and master's courses entirely in English, is at the vanguard of European universities eager to net the best.

Bullock, who blogs on being a student abroad, is being inundated with emails from parents and prospective students. "Most people are worried about the language, but you can live here and never use a word of Dutch," she said.

Guest Sun Tzu

So not only will we be potentially losing foreign students because of the visa issues, British students could flock to the EU and invest their money into foreign universities. Interesting.

Carnival preparations are taking over the Dutch city of Maastricht. Multicoloured ribbons, clown masks and streamers bedeck lamp-posts and windows. Trucks are delivering beer kegs, and kiosks that will sell paper cones of chips and waffles are being set up. Revellers are arriving from miles around.

"I can't wait to see what it's going to be like," said Theresa Bullock, 19, who is in her first year at Maastricht University. She is looking forward to a break, not just from her computer science studies but from a new role that she is starting to adopt – that of an unofficial adviser. With tuition fees about to triple in Britain, more and more UK students are looking to study abroad and Maastricht, with most of its degree and master's courses entirely in English, is at the vanguard of European universities eager to net the best.

Bullock, who blogs on being a student abroad, is being inundated with emails from parents and prospective students. "Most people are worried about the language, but you can live here and never use a word of Dutch," she said.

:mellow:

DPMO

:mellow:

DPMO

I hate the ignorance of some people that go abroad and expect everyone to speak English to them. You should be trying to learn other languages. One of the best skills you can ever acquire.

• Upvote 1