Hacking PS3 Thread

HangTheDJ

May as well merge the 2 threads, only know one guy at work who did it.

I know alot of people were on about, "don't wanna get banned etc"

He just picked up an out of warranty "broken" ps3 for 50quid (bluray drive was f*cked) which had 3.40 on it, downloaded the code to his rooted android phone and downloaded games from a Russian site/warezbb & stored on hard drive and away he goes.

Last time I asked he had about 30 games and no problems at all.

Infact some recent games that developers have released since Sony did firmware updates to combat it didn't play, and all he had to do was replace one file and they were fine.

I was gonna get involved but was having difficulties finding a console like above with the right firmware but there's chips available now that (successfully) downgrade your software without limiting others features (previously it stopped blu-ray movie functionality)

Decent source for info

http://psx-scene.com/forums

• 4 weeks later...

Started the jailbreak using my iphone last week, but never got round to finishing it

Involves installing android on the iphone, insalling the package then connecting to the ps3..

Have you got any more Info on this?

I want to know if its possible if i can install back ups by using the real games?

i got a 360 now so im going to use that for online and Ps3 just to play single player off line games.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to installing a custom firmware today on my Ps3 3.55,

its ps3 slim 120gb and i installed a back up manager, its sick im able to save games to the ps3 hdd but it takes ages though, just tried one game so far and its 11gb

going to set up a love film account and just copy bare games.

aint tried on-line yet though because you have to update to the new version 3.56 and also its custom firmwared so im not sure if sony will clock if i do

How i install this

been reading about some iphone madness

same, got halfway and never got round to finishing it

pissed thing is, the ps3 at my mums yard was what I was using as mine is updated/use online but someone went online and updated, pissed

Agent31 bring me in what I need and need to do, can I downgrade any of these?

http://www.gadgetsdna.com/geohot-releases-playstation-3-on-3-55-jailbreak-for-download/7996/

Pretty much a simple method. Pissed the PS3 I got here is 3.56, no downgrade yet so stick to 3.55 and you can install custom firmware and go online

No need for messing around with iPhone methods or ps3 keys, you can use a normal USB stick.

Can I use a external HDD or is it better to replace the existing drive with a bigger one?