Hacking PS3 Thread

HangTheDJ

So for the people whos on CFW have you tried playing online?

what happens if i update to 3.56 to play online?

I changed the DNS to that one that blocks updates and was able to sign in and go online but not going to risk it too much till more is known

On another note, let me run this passed you lot and tell me if it should work?

Buy a PS3 with a faulty disc drive off eBay/Gumtree and use that to jailbreak and play games from an external HDD?

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

the bluray player is one of the main things about the PS3 for me

unless ur jus talkin playin pirate stuff n having another fully functional system

i left the pirate game a while ago

Evertime i try to install a game now its crashes on 11 second left

Any one know whats up? gonna change the back up manager and see what happens

from another forum

If it is a downloaded game and it unrar fine, the only thing I can expect is that your HDD has defect clusters or something like else. The installation of a game should work fluent.

So for the people whos on CFW have you tried playing online?

what happens if i update to 3.56 to play online?

I changed the DNS to that one that blocks updates and was able to sign in and go online but not going to risk it too much till more is known

On another note, let me run this passed you lot and tell me if it should work?

Buy a PS3 with a faulty disc drive off eBay/Gumtree and use that to jailbreak and play games from an external HDD?

Depends on the fault also some games need a disc in the drive in order to boot (this may not be a problem anymore)

Would probably be better to get a ylod ps3 and fix it (not hard or expensive, plus you end up with a fully working ps3)

those of you who still want to play online and are on 3.55 cfw use this DNS to sign into PSN and play online

Primary

Secondary

Just set up your connection as your normally would but when you get to the DNS bit use that then sign onto PSN, the first time i tried sign on the system froze at the 'signing in' bit but when i switched it off and tried for the second time it signed on normally

I was playing MW2 earlier online but i dont know if it was just matching me with other people with 3.55 cfw instead of 3.56 players

This was MW2 legit by the way, i'll also test it out by installing MW2 to the hard drive and seeing if i can play online like that aswell

• 2 weeks later...

You need a program called Open Split

Run Open Split then browse for the game it will split it into smaller files into the right folders automatically so you dont need to select an output directory

then copy the folder to your USB, and when it says 'This file exceeds 4gb' just click skip then it would continue to copy the split parts, then when you plug your USB into your PS3 run your manager and it would merge all the split files together then the whole game would be on your hardrive.

Pissed Sony blocked the DnS trick, can no longer play online untill someone finds another Dns hack

I meant in general, I understand split games need to be copied to the internal HDD

Also I copied red dead using a splitter package to the ps3 hdd but couldn't find the dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ instead done it direct to the dev_hdd0/games folder

I then used backup manager to navigate to the directory, and launched the bin file which took me back to the XMB menu and Red Dead appeared where the inserted disc would usually be, I clicked on it but it failed to load

Am I doing this right?

Nah PS3 can't handle NTFS, even though the total size of folder is 10GB it does'nt mean it won't go onto a FAT32, only if a single size exceeds 4/! It won't copy over

So just copy the game folder the BLES or BLUS for american region game and let it copy

If it goes cqnt copy because a file is over a 4Gb then read what me and hidandseek were discussing about as he had the same problem and he managed to solvw it

• Upvote 1