If you knew then what you know now

Guest Lemons

I'm sitting here watching cricket (SA V India) and I was just thinking that I wish I knew/appreciatd how great a game cricket is when I was 10 years old. I used to play when I was a teenager but I didn't really enjoy it that much as most of the people involved were upper class cunts. I was pretty good and I'm sure I could have gone on to play at a decent standard.

If I knew then what I know now I would have stuck with cricket and my career could involve me following the sun around the world and hitting a ball for a living. Which would be f*ck*ng awesome.

If you could go back 10/15 years (or if you're Esqui, 2/3 years) knowing what you do now, what would you have done differently/stuck with/stopped doing?

Captain-Hindsight.png

Paging doctor faggot, you shouldn't have got engaged, punk ass triq

Heh? (I had to POS you for the Dr Faggot ref though)

C/S shotting bricks at an earlier age. Could have a stack now.

• Downvote 3

if i had known that i could get a degree accredited at the time by the University of Birmingham from the Birmingham College of Food in food prep and management

i would have gone, didnt know u could go uni an do that

but then studying engineering lead to meet certain people, put me on a direction that is pretty cool tbh i don't regret the decisions ive made

If I had been aware of how important networking is, I would have made more use of some of the contacts I made in '06

but what, we live an we learn, one has to strive in order to grow

lol @ the esqui send

/

sports - i was good at a lot of them coz i was strong and very fast. played football, basketball and rugby for the school team but never kept any of them going. professional sports person would be a sick job - or even just being good on a recreational level. nothing sucks like going back to something you USED TO be good at and struggling like a beginner again.

also i wish i kept playing the guitar. i was on it for f*ckin YEARS then i hit like 12-13 and lost interest. being able to play a musicial instrument is a gift.

if i had discovered skiing earlier - recon i coulda become a pro. taught myself in _one day_ and better than the people i know who have beend doin it for ages. sadly, my parents werent rich like that wen i was a kid

alot more honesty to friends, fam, girls

focus in education

stuck with drums, although they are still in my room dusty so i can hop on whenever really

stuck with piano, although same applies

never had much focus so i can't really say i should have studied this or that

would not have started blazing/smoking cigs

missed p*ssy opportunities

been more fearless all-round really

• Upvote 2

Guest Esquilax

Wish I tired a bit harder to get that A* in English, the only subject/ grade I vaguely cared about

I don't think I've made enough mistakes to warrant this pained hindsight yet. When I make my first botched suicide attempt I'll let you know.

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't of gone to uni, or if I did would of done a completely different course at a next uni. Now I feel like im 3 years behind in terms of my life plan.

Would of kept playing the drums instead of quitting when I was 13, and would of learnt to play keys/guitar.

Would of been more ruthless in certain situations instead of trying to help others.

Would have done internships

THIS!

Trust, this is the thing that makes me lack confidence in my job applications. I've got lots of work experience but nothing corporate and it doesn't look good. Also cos I know people that did an internship at x firm and got offered a job there at the end of it and so now they don't even have the hassle of applying for things

and the one that pains me the most is quitting saxophone; was way too immature those times, one of my bigger regrets

Why don't you take it up again?

• Upvote 1