A NIGHT OF HEROES:MILITARY AWARDS

imhim

Guest Rorschach

I'd just like to point out to you lot

That

If Britain had decided to invade Iraq to protect the US political interests post-1945 - the same soldiers who survived WW2 would have gone to Iraq

and if The Nazi party was about today invading europe, then these same 'mercenaries' would be the ones fighting dying in droves to stop them

You can disagree all you want with their participation in the war, but if you beleive a man is a hero for braving gun fire to do his duty (which is eseentially what any war is, ww1, ww2, desert storm), then that shouldn't change your view on these lads

Since everyone is so well informed I think people should take a look back 33 years ago to Vietnam, and the way the soldiers were treated who were fighting there, because of the Governments involvement in a war that shouldn't have been. Those men went through hell regardless, all because it is their duty to obey orders, and look at what has come to light about what they went through since then.

They were spat on.

They would have fought an invading force for their country, layed their lives on the line, but it just so happens the people that the civilians of the country voted for, decided to send them to war in Vietnam, just as the people elected by the civilians in this country, elected the Labour govt. that sent britains troops to war in Iraq.

I don't agree with the war, far from it, I'm fiercly opposed, but I think you need to have a f*ck*ng hard look at yourself in the mirror if you are calling these men cowards, because thats some disrespect, I'm not nearly as brave as them (lets face it, I'm not trying to get myself shot in any manner) an I would chaffe at anyone calling me a coward.

Supporting the troops that put their lives on the line DOES NOT mean you are spitting on the face of dead Iraqi's and Afghani's, or that you support the hideous globalisation regime put in place by the current corrupt governments of the powers that be.

Peoples perceptions of a soldier will always be defined by what war they are fighting in, but to a soldier, no matter what you think, they are always going to be on the frontline risking their lives. So if you think the people in WW2 were heroes for that, not sure how you can think the soldiers of today are cowards, for going through the exact same situation.

• Upvote 4

Since everyone is so well informed I think people should take a look back 33 years ago to Vietnam, and the way the soldiers were treated who were fighting there, because of the Governments involvement in a war that shouldn't have been. Those men went through hell regardless, all because it is their duty to obey orders, and look at what has come to light about what they went through since then.

They were spat on.

Thats the way people will probably will see these vets in time to come

It aint right to disrespect these people as they are carrying out orders thinking they are protecting the country but it is right to tell them why it was not right to invade them countrys and they did not have the capability to pose a threat

Guest Rorschach

But you called the soldiers from WW2 heroes for fighting and dying under orders. It's the same deal. If you think one set are heroes..the others have to be too.

I think the soldiers should refuse to fight, but I'm not gonna castigate them for it, because at the end of the day

I wear clothes that are made by little kids that work in sweatshops

I pay for products that allow corrupt companies to grow richer

wars for oil? Ever put petrol in your car

Unless you boycott your own comforts in place of your principles, you really can't talk

and I knowf or a fact that you don't

• Upvote 2

Guest Rorschach

They were spat on.

Thats the way people will probably will see these vets in time to come

It aint right to disrespect these people as they are carrying out orders thinking they are protecting the country but it is right to tell them why it was not right to invade them countrys and they did not have the capability to pose a threat

I'm fairly certain they know this, but what can they do? They didn't decide to go to war.

I dont think you can compare the soldiers who were fighting the Nazis to the soldiers who were fighting Saddam and One eyed Mullar Omar

Why not?

Just like Rorschah said, they're the same people and these "lads" in Afghanistan would be dying fighting the Nazis if WWII was to happen tomorrow. Do you think that there was a lower percentage of psychopaths, scumbags, rapists, weirdos in the 1940s than there is the army today? Seems unlikely to me

I dont think you can compare the soldiers who were fighting the Nazis to the soldiers who were fighting Saddam and One eyed Mullar Omar

Why not?

Just like Rorschah said, they're the same people. Do you think that there was a lower percentage of psychopaths, scumbags, rapists, weirdos in the 1940s than there is the army today? Seems unlikely to me

Did Saddam or Mullar Omar have the capability to have aircraft drop bombs on us?

They did not pose the same threat as Hitler, you cant compare

Why not?

Just like Rorschah said, they're the same people. Do you think that there was a lower percentage of psychopaths, scumbags, rapists, weirdos in the 1940s than there is the army today? Seems unlikely to me

Did Saddam or Mullar Omar have the capability to have aircraft drop bombs on us?

They did not pose the same threat as Hitler, you cant compare

Give me strength

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

SALUTE TO WHOEVER PUT THEIR LIFE ON THE LINE SO THAT I CAN SIT HERE ON A FRIDAY NIGHT EATING A DONNER PIZZA AND TALKING sh*t ONLINE

they dnt even get paid that much money, although i dont agree with the Iraq war, and Afghanistan is also fuzzy, them man do a tough job, vast majority are good people aswell but as with all walks of life u get some undesirables

war is a dirty game and bad things will happen, dnt think theres ever been a war where everyone played by the rules, but theyre protecting us

• Upvote 1

Guest TimeBomb

although i understand these small people on the ground are just doing what theyre ordered, i will never give praise to soldier in iraq or afghanistan, the ratio of soldiers killed to innocent men, women and children is f*ckin disgusting, when equal amount of remembrance is given to those who died for simply being in the wrong place maybe ill give remembrance to the soldiers who died.

• Upvote 3