Lionel Messi Is Not Good Enough For Stoke City & Barcelona Would Struggle In EPL

The Infamous

JOSEP Guardiola will not be joining Manchester City, the club have confirmed.

The 34-year-old former Spain midfielder turned down a six-month contract at the City of Manchester Stadium in the hope of being offered a longer deal.

Manager Stuart Pearce told official club website, www.mcfc.co.uk: "He's a fantastic professional who showed a great amount of ability.

"I wanted to take a longer look at him and that's why we offered him a six-month deal.

"I fully understand why the player has decided to look for a longer deal elsewhere and he leaves with our best wishes."

Lets not get carried away..

Plus we all know what the Premier League is like

Came in to post this

Who is really offering a 34 year old more then 6 months especially with a dodgy calf in a league where u get kicked week in week out and pace is needed a certain extent

Guest M12 Part 2

He's asked the wrong question tbh. Messi coulddo it in England. The question with Messi is could he do it without a team of world class players behind him. Every team Messi has been in from yout days has featured top top players. The question is could he do it with Lucas Leiva behind him instead of xavi.

• Downvote 1

He's asked the wrong question tbh. Messi coulddo it in England. The question with Messi is could he do it without a team of world class players behind him. Every team Messi has been in from yout days has featured top top players. The question is could he do it with Lucas Leiva behind him instead of xavi.

Either way, it's a dumb question. Who was the last TOP player who was genuinely a one-man team in a TOP league?

• Upvote 1

Guest Rorschach

You think them man were one-man teams to the extent Messi 'apparently' is?

Oh, and let's forget the support cast of Mascherano, Alonso & Kuyt. Fletcher, Valencia & Nani.

You have to look at how the team performs without said playes

Gerrard was for a very long time a one man team (though Iwasn't talking about the 09 season)

We had the cutting edge of a spoon without Rooney

as for Henry, he got footballer of the year something like 3 years running, and probably a golden boot in that time aswell, and won nothing, and was playing with an inexperienced, young squad

You think them man were one-man teams to the extent Messi 'apparently' is?

Oh, and let's forget the support cast of Mascherano, Alonso & Kuyt. Fletcher, Valencia & Nani.

You have to look at how the team performs without said playes

Gerrard was for a very long time a one man team (though Iwasn't talking about the 09 season)

We had the cutting edge of a spoon without Rooney

as for Henry, he got footballer of the year something like 3 years running, and probably a golden boot in that time aswell, and won nothing, and was playing with an inexperienced, young squad

Mate, talk specifically. What season did Henry supposedly rip up the league with a supposedly average squad? Then name that squad for me.

/

Every team has their star player, obviously, but allow talking like Berbatov, Valencia & Nani weren't feeding Rooney on a mad one last season. SAF literally had it on:

Targetman: W. Rooney

Passes: Mixed.

Your point would've held more weight if Nani, Fletcher & Valencia didn't all have great seasons last year.

And again, it's easy to say Gerrard was a one man team, but he had a players to support his Roy of Rovers impression. Talking like Sissoko & Alonso weren't just as vital. See the difference someone like Hamamn did in the CL final?

Just because the likes of Fletcher, Valencia, Alonso, Mashcerano etc are not as GOOD as Xavi, Iniesta & Busquets, doesn't mean they're not as vital to their star man.

Guest Rorschach

I beleive it was 05/06, the cl year

henry came top scorer in the league, you managed to scrape 4th place at the end of the year, he wanted to leave, and ended up doing so the following season

Guest Rorschach

Every team has their star player, obviously, but allow talking like Berbatov, Valencia & Nani weren't feeding Rooney on a mad one last season. SAF literally had it on:

Your point would've held more weight if Nani, Fletcher & Valencia didn't all have great seasons last year.

And again, it's easy to say Gerrard was a one man team, but he had a players to support his Roy of Rovers impression. Talking like Sissoko & Alonso weren't just as vital. See the difference someone like Hamamn did?

Just because the likes of Fletcher, Valencia, Alonso, Mashcerano etc are not as GOOD as Xavi, Iniesta & Busquets, doesn't mean they're not as vital to their star man.

Nah of coruse they are Vital, and yes they all assisted, but without Rooney there was nothing

Ferguson beleived this so much he played an injured Roney over Berbatov

Barca are different, take Messi out, and they can still function to near enough the same degree, because of the system and quality of players they have

henry came top scorer in the league, you managed to scrape 4th place at the end of the year, he wanted to leave, and ended up doing so the following season

Oh, I remember the likes of Pires, Cole, Campbell, Gilberto & Bergkamp still playing for us so this young & inexperienced thing has me kinda confused.

/

LOL @ Murks. Not even gonna dignify that with a response.

Guest Rorschach

Oh, I remember the likes of Pires, Cole, Campbell, Gilberto & Bergkamp still playing for us so this young & inexperienced thing has me kinda confused.

You also had Van Persie, Reyes, Fabregas, Adebayor, Flamini, Eboue etc

And again, it's easy to say Gerrard was a one man team, but he had a players to support his Roy of Rovers impression. Talking like Sissoko & Alonso weren't just as vital. See the difference someone like Hamamn did?

Nah of coruse they are Vital, and yes they all assisted, but without Rooney there was nothing

Ferguson beleived this so much he played an injured Roney over Berbatov

Barca are different, take Messi out, and they can still function to near enough the same degree, because of the system and quality of players they have

I still don't believe that made Rooney a one-team over the course of the season IMO. Rooney relied HEAVILY on the service others, regardless of how ineffective United were without him (which I agree on). How many goals can you say he 'created' himself?

You also had Van Persie, Reyes, Fabregas, Adebayor, Flamini, Eboue etc

Bar Reyes & Fabregas, none of them were starting XI players.

Guest Rorschach

Yea course they always rely on others, but at the end of the season, Rooney was burned out and injured, because he had been overplayed

sh*t, look at that stuff he came out with about the sinking ship