Playstation 3 or xbox?

Yuri

as an owner of both:

ps3 online works when it works, xbox live works 99.9% of the time

xbox games that aren't on ps3>>>>>>> ps3 games that aren't on xbox

but bare in mind gran turismo 5

xbox lasts 2-3 years if You're lucky before You need to send it to them and get a new 1

but still i'd go with whatever most of Your boys have.

Get a 360, the reason being that all multiplatform games are originally developed and programmed for the XBOX then converted to other platforms, but because of the processor in PS3, it doesn't utilise the processing techniques needed efficently.

360 GPU >>> PS3

360 dashboard >>> PS3

360 multiplayer >>> PS3

360's Kinect >>> PS3 Move

who needs Gran Turismo when you have Forza :D .

The only limitations on the 360 is that it cannot play avi's (but most would argue why do you want to play avi when you can play H264 files, which in theory are better quality and more compressed)

The Xbox cannot play blu rays, but the thing is blu ray will almost be phased out within 5-10 years time when the next generation consoles take advantage of digital downloads, meaning disc drives and hard copies will be a thing of the past.

The new Xbox slim come with one big internal fan as apposed to two small ones, this gives a better airflow to the motherboard, thus eliminating the RROD and being much cooler, infact they are so silent, you wont hear it.

btw I'm not a 360 fanboy (i've owned both the ps1 and ps2 in the past)

• Upvote 4

Get a 360, the reason being that all multiplatform games are originally developed and programmed for the XBOX then converted to other platforms, but because of the processor in PS3, it doesn't utilise the processing techniques needed efficently.

360 GPU >>> PS3

360 dashboard >>> PS3

360 multiplayer >>> PS3

360's Kinect >>> PS3 Move

who needs Gran Turismo when you have Forza :D .

The only limitations on the 360 is that it cannot play avi's (but most would argue why do you want to play avi when you can play H264 files, which in theory are better quality and more compressed)

The Xbox cannot play blu rays, but the thing is blu ray will almost be phased out within 5-10 years time when the next generation consoles take advantage of digital downloads, meaning disc drives and hard copies will be a thing of the past.

The new Xbox slim come with one big internal fan as apposed to two small ones, this gives a better airflow to the motherboard, thus eliminating the RROD and being much cooler, infact they are so silent, you wont hear it.

btw I'm not a 360 fanboy (i've owned both the ps1 and ps2 in the past)

Both not true

360 cant play MKVs only avis with the supported codecs and wmv iirc

and GT is far superior to Forza

Course you can play AVI's on Xbox

You just need to be online to view them because your xbox downloads minor a codec before every AVI file view.

You cannot view MKV files though. But there is a converter called GOTSent which converts MKV video files into a Xbox friendly video file (you need to set the file extension to .avi after conversion).

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/GOTSent

XBOX

BTW You can stream MKV's to 360 if you use the media center extender option.

I would say PS3 has a better dashboard though, web browser, iplayer ect

They're both pretty similar really theres not too much between them except price if that's a factor.

So do what everyone else said and get which one most of your boys have

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

360 seems to have a livelier online community n is a better price

PS3 is the overall experience king, bluray 3D gaming, 3D films lovefilm player is on there and should be sick once they get the good flms n can stream properly, catchup tv with oD, ITV player BBC iPlayer etc

just depends what u need, alot of people have the 360 so if u really wanna game online go for that

u want a media center that also packs some pretty gaming go for the PS3

tbf doe i aint turned either of mine on since Nov 08 at the latest, bt if been kinda keepin up with what is goin on

Guest Esquilax

PS3 is the overall experience king, bluray 3D gaming, 3D films lovefilm player is on there and should be sick once they get the good flms n can stream properly, catchup tv with oD, ITV player BBC iPlayer etc

just depends what u need, alot of people have the 360 so if u really wanna game online go for that

tbf doe i aint turned either of mine on since Nov 08 at the latest, bt if been kinda keepin up with what is goin on

/Daves advice

• Upvote 2

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

/Daves advice

the theory is there, just have to apply it, besides i left my ps3 in London, need to get it back

Only take advice from folk that have both tbh.

I'm gonna say xbox. I was always gonna say xbox but there are some games on the ps3 that I woulda been sad to miss had I only had an xbox. Uncharted 1 and 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 and of course Gran Torismo 5. Unfortunately I haven't found much (Beyond the blu-ray player) that makes having a ps3 make much sense.

Xbox 360 on the other, meatier hand is right now an uber console if the plan is to play with nuff people. In fact it's uber if you just turn it on. The dashboard is more fun and user friendly than the ps3. Everything is just available really quickly, really easily.

Wanna find out what's happening fresh in xbox gaming? SentUAMessage is the show for you. Need help getting achievements there are sections for that too.

Not good enough well then let's see what your friends are doing. Have an 8 way conversation on xbox live. While everyone is playing 8 different games.

f*ck it xbox isn't even a games console, you could turn it on and just watch sky or use last.fm to listen to your favourite type of music.

Playstation 3 has all this potential but Sony don't seem interested in realising it. Get an xbox 360, you won't regret it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1