THE JESTER - THE INTERNET'S 'KICK ASS'

Mr. Martinez

Who's heard about this guy?

Man basically goes round the internet fighting for US interests, particularly taking down extremists muslim websites. Some how this guy thinks he's okay to decide what can be up on the internet and what can't, and even started lenging down wikileaks. He also took 4chan down (or so they say) and is supposed to be the owner and only person in possession of a program (XerXes) that can take down a website from any low-end computer with an internet connection. Some people say this guy is the creation of the US Govt but who knows. This guy is basically the internet's V for Vandetta, but with some f*cked ideology.

https://h3r0d07u5.wordpress.com/ - A whole essay on this guy.

The end soon come my dear friends!!

The hacktivist who goes by the handle “th3j35t3r” has been carrying out denial of service (DoS) attacks against suspected jihadist websites since he showed up on the hacktavism scene on January 1, 2010. He uses a DoS tool called XerXes that he claims to be the sole author of. He also claims to be “an ex-soldier with a rather famous unit” and to have served two tours of duty as an airborne combat trooper “in (and around) Afghanistan amongst other places”. He says he is between 31-49 years old.

He recently carried out a DoS attack against wikileaks.org, which generated quite a bit of media attention. He is now a declared target of Anonymous, some of whom’s members believe he is a Robin Jackson of Helena, Montana, a 49-year-old employee of the State of Montana who goes by the online handle of “rjacksix”. But while rjacksix has publicly claimed that he and th3j35t3r “have worked together” and share “operational details”, it is unlikely that Robin Jackson is th3j35t3r.

The involvement of rjacksix and others, however, shows that th3j35t3r is not the “lone wolf” operator he has claimed to be and receives operations support from civilians like rjacksix. Some have suggested that th3j35t3r might also receive some level of support from operatives within the U.S. intelligence community. While there is no hard evidence that th3j35t3r has assistance from the U.S. Government–an assertion that he expressly denies–it is unlikely that no one inside the U.S. intelligence community, the Department of Defense, or law enforcement has no knowledge as to th3j35t3r’s true identity given his stated military background and the fact that he posses such a demonstrably powerful and effective cyber-weapon as XerXes.

Some have gone as far as to suggest that th3j35t3r is not an individual at all, but a persona created as a front for a secret government program that carries out unattributable cyber-attacks. While this is not beyond the realm of possibility, there is no hard evidence to support this far-fetched claim, which gets cut to pieces when pressed against the sharp blade of Occam’s razor.

The identity of th3j35t3r as an individual, a group, a secret government program, or otherwise remains unknown and he is “crack on”, as he has said, with his DoS campaign against jihadist websites.

btw to put into perspective, this guy supposedly has the equivalent of a Weapon of Mass Destruction on the internet. Imagine if that sh*t ever got out, man like Lens would wipe VIP2 off from the internet. Homos would start taking down xvideos and spankwire. We'd all be f*ck*ng pissed basically...

mad sh*t

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

the "power" he has.

either someones slyly tr0lling or its a govnment project

i dnt believe one person can run sh*t like that, a group probably n ud need some nice hardware aswell so it may cost abit

Basically some guy DDoSing websites.

Cause I can't be bothered to type:

DDoS attacks don’t just happen randomly, they are done for a purpose. Either someone is being paid to take your down (an attack instigated by your competitor) or you (or your site/organization) did something to piss someone off and hence you are on the receiving end of the DDoS attack.

To stop such attacks you got to step your server security up, the more advanced the attack, the more costly protection becomes.

from what i know this is just hype coz DDoS is hardly a sophisticated attack

simple but effective

i mean, ANON took down visa.com, but this guy is a threat to the whole internet because he can crash some shitty jihaz website? hmm...

im thinkin someone smart has decided the americans need a rival for annonymous, perhaps to symbolise the support that the govt has

Guest TimeBomb

LOL if he thinks taking down these websites will do anything, all a muslim needs to do is turn on the news and see how palestine is getting f*cked over, thats all the motivation needed to wanna bomb sh*t.

Eks governments shouldn't be allowed to bring down a website whose content doesn't align with their views obviously. Neither should some American Internet Rambo. What's your point?

I don't think you lot get what this guys program is capable of. He's not ddos-ing websites. Ddos is basically people diverting sh*t loads of traffic to a website Mainly through Trojan infested computers etc and then hoping it crashes. This guy has something that can take a site down just using one computer and with one 'attack'. I'm not trying to pull a thun here. It's quite likely that something like this will eventually be devoloped by someone willing to release it and that will be a serious problem.

This guy has something that can take a site down just using one computer and with one 'attack'. I'm not trying to pull a thun here. It's quite likely that something like this will eventually be devoloped by someone willing to release it and that will be a serious problem.

So we are basically talking about an "e-nuke"...not sure if I by this. The internet is pretty resilliant and not that this guy would but if you went after the american DNS servers they will actually take military action if they know who to aim at.

Thats a big IF i suppose