Jay-Z Signs Cher Lloyd

DJ Stashman

cher-lloyd-face.jpg

X FACTOR brat CHER LLOYD has been snatched away from her biggest fan WILL.I.AM by JAY-Z.

The Jigga Man has swooped in and inked a deal with the gobby teen quicker than the BLACK EYED PEAS mastermind could say "Where Is The Love, Cher?"

Even though Will performed with Cher in the talent show's finals, piled on praise and vowed to sign her to his label, Madame Lloyd is now locked into Jay-Z's Roc Nation imprint.

Will even promised Cher's mum Dina he would make her daughter a star the night she was booted off X Factor.

Fan ... Cher with Will.i.am

Ken McKay/TalkbackThames / Rex Features

But signing for Jay-Z is a canny move by the snarling youngster, who now shares a label home with another hugely successful young female rapper - WILLOW SMITH. A source said: "Even though Cher didn't do terrifically well in the X Factor finals, there's been a hell of a lot of interest in her. Will.i.am's backing only intensified the battle to get her signature.

"After weighing up the pros and cons, it was thought that the team at Roc Nation would be best placed to turn her dreams of stardom into a reality."

By joining Roc Nation, Cher - who wore a necklace saying "Turn Ur Cher On" during a performance at Pop Factory on Merseyside earlier this week - can line up alongside emerging urban artists.

Next year is already looking like it will be dominated by female MCs. Rhymer JESSIE J has got the Brits' Critics' Choice award under her belt and dubstep queen KATY B narrowly missed out on a chart No 1 earlier in the month.

The source added: "All the labels are on the lookout for sassy, young female artists with bags of attitude, and Cher fits that bill perfectly."

Just as long as Jay-Z doesn't invite Cher around to his house... he'll be a few roof tiles short if he does.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3323150/Jay-Z-signz-Cher-before-WilliAm.html

everyone thats been working hard in music now must feel sick and insulted right now

everyone thats been working hard in music now must feel sick and insulted right now

lol innit

from when jay says "yeah we will all feature on her album and make it a hit"

pissed = everyone else. imagine the connections he can bring to the table

i hope somehow the music is half decent