Use then what you know now

Davicious X

For those of you heading back to become cola barons remember to bang loads of coca leaf into the recipes like they did back then

I would just have to chill and wait for Dr Who; or Martin Lawrence on another of his hilarious 'black-guy-in-a-time-machine' excursions to pass through to hitch a lift back to the present day

While I waited I could travel to the US Civil War and find a way to prosper from war profiteering knowing the Union's inevitable victory. Might even give Abe Lincoln a heads up about his assassination but that might have disastrous implications in the time continuum and I'll come home to a 2011 world where dolphins have surpassed us evolutionarily and now oppress and enslave us.

It's only a couple decades before the beginning of recorded sound so if I got comfortable and wifed some 19th century maidens I could cotch for 20-30 years and pre-empt the record industry and build a monopoly. I would direct 20th century music to my own tastes and prevent the deaths of all the greats by arranging letters to be kept for decades and delivered to Coltrane, Hendrix, Sam Cooke, Marvin Otis etc which would warn them against their demise

Actually it's around the time that engines were popping off iirc, I couldn't build one but I would invest like crazy in the first few, soon establish a monopoly and become the defining car magnate like Henry Ford. I would aggressively expand into the oil, banking, steel, railway industries and murk off the Rockefeller/Carnegie/Morgan bloodlines all at once in a climactic Godfather-like sequence before becoming unquestioned boss of all bosses. Finally I would establish VIP2 as some sort of country or large metropolitan city at the least

• Upvote 3