What Age Did You Know What Job/Career You Wanted To Persue In Life?

Mame Biram Diouf

At about age 18 wanted to be a Investment banker, now working in HSBC in Foreign Exchange Prime Brokerage, ideally want to get into precious metals trading but im young so i will see what doors I can try to open.

when you say "precious metals" do you mean you want to specialize in gold/silver/platinum/palladium or do you mean all non-ferrous metals in general i.e. copper/zinc/ally etc?

why not start trading forex yourself and see if you like it? being a trader is a tough graft mate, especially in the big banks.. they'll only give you one shot and if you flop you wont get another chance. the best route is obviously through a smaller fund but as i'm sure you know getting into one of those is nearly impossible without a connection to a partner or substantial experience.

Decided about 2 months ago I was going to be a consultant

Was really thinking about becoming a marine even until recently but decided to allow it

Good topic though. I think a lot of people never really know, and just end up working in a job they drifted into. I've come across successful people who love their job even though they never intended to end up doing it. I think everyone has that feeling of "is this career for me" or general doubt about committing their life in a certain direction or letting go of a dream, but sometimes you've just gotta start making moves instead of sitting around waiting for a lightbulb to switch on in your head

lol Army, thas when u know everything else has failed

i seriously considered this, even spoke to my firends in the army about it

you don't know what you're talking about still

a wasteman like you wouldn't even get through the first morning of selection to join the Royal Marines, let alone finish 32 weeks of training

• Upvote 4

can u not read i said when everything else failed, not if u wanted to do it all along

jeez

people who go to rm don't do it cos all else failed

you have to go through a lengthy interview process to even be invited to selection. they weed out the psychos and life's losers

SERIOUS fitness levels involved in that shizznit.

yeah bro

it's all mind over matter with most of the sh*t they put you through though

they're not looking for the guy who can do 5000 push ups, they're looking for the guy who will die trying/never quit

You know what other sort of training routines etc they have to do/pass?

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

that was aimed at Frank the cheerleader still didnt see the next page

the guys i know the army wasnt their first choice n they aint exactly the fittest guys

wasnt even sayin its a bad thing, bt obv cos of the way i felt n how my boys felt when they joined it was jus in my mind as a last resort

SERIOUS fitness levels involved in that shizznit.

yeah bro

it's all mind over matter with most of the sh*t they put you through though

they're not looking for the guy who can do 5000 push ups, they're looking for the guy who will die trying/never quit

very true, pretty much the same ethos as the para's.