Wlad opts to fight Chisora

Guest Rorschach

Guest Rorschach

Dereck Chisora's world heavyweight title challenge against Wladimir Klitschko has been re-arranged for April 30.Klitschko, the IBF and WBO champion, had been due to defend his belts against Chisora on December 11 in Germany until a stomach injury forced the Ukrainian to pull out just three days before the fight.It was confirmed on Wednesday that the fight will go ahead in the spring, with Germany remaining the venue for the bout."This news is a fantastic late Christmas present," British and Commonwealth champion Chisora said."I always believed that I would fight Klitschko, and my faith has been repaid. I was a bit worried that he might try and fight an easier touch, but I think I've earned my opportunity."I was gutted when Wladimir pulled out of our fight just a couple of days beforehand. But now I've got another chance to take his titles away."He's a great world champion, but his time at the top is well and truly up."My promoter Frank Warren has done a great job in getting me this opportunity because there was no guarantee Wladimir would fight me again after he got injured."The news leaves WBA champion David Haye's future unclear. Chisora's fellow Londoner has been in protracted negotiations with Klitschko over a unification bout.---------------------------------------------David Haye's manager and trainer Adam Booth has criticised Wladimir Klitschko after the Ukrainian opted to fight Dereck Chisora rather than set up a unification bout with the WBA champion.Haye has been engaged in protracted negotiations with the IBF and WBO champion, but it was announced on Wednesday that Klitschko will instead honour his agreement to fight Haye's fellow Londoner Chisora, on April 30, after a stomach injury forced the champion to pull out of their proposed clash last month.Booth told Sky Sports News: "There were lots of people that know Wladimir really didn't want this fight yet."It's a shame. It's embarrassing for boxing that the unification fight isn't going to happen now because David's bent over backwards. We've conceded to every single ridiculous demand they made."From the start they said 50-50. David said fine, even though potentially we're putting in the pot three or four times more than they're putting into the pot because of pay-per-view Sky Box Office. David still said 'let's get the fight done 50-50'."They said the fight had to be on their German broadcaster even though our German broadcaster was prepared to pay more. We said fine. They said 'we're not coming to England for the fight'. David said 'fine, I'll go to Germany'. They said Wladimir has to be in the red corner, Wladimir has to come in second, Wladimir's name has to be first on the poster and all these other ridiculous, egotistical things, and David said 'fine, have it, just get him in the ring with me'.Ashamed"The last thing was, here is the date we now have, we said yes, Sky have approved that date and they turn round and say 'we're now doing Chisora'. Wladimir should feel ashamed of himself."Booth cannot understand why Klitschko would not agree to fight Haye - other than not being convinced he would triumph. He added: "When Wladimir first spoke of fighting David, when David was still a cruiserweight, I think he was confident but now as a heavyweight I genuinely don't think he's as confident."If he was, why would he want to go out and fight Chisora? If he's confident of beating David, and he's got it all his own way, and we've agreed to all of his terms, if he's confident of beating David, why is he fighting Dereck Chisora for a fraction of the money that he would make to fight David? It makes no sense to me."Haye had hoped to fight Klitschko in the spring and then his brother Vitali, the WBC champion, in late summer or early autumn before hanging up his gloves as undisputed champion.Klitschko claimsHowever, Klitschko later contradicted Booth's claims by insisting that he still intends to fight Haye, but after he has defended his belts against Chisora."The fight with Haye is not off, the fight is on," the IBF and WBO champion was quoted as saying by American website www.examiner.com."We had to get clearance on a date with Sky TV for pay per view in the UK and they we were concerned about conflicting with the upcoming Royal wedding."So the wedding is set for the end of April and we got clearance on a fight date of July 2, for sure."

Guest Rorschach

Full statement from David Haye“We agreed to a date of July 2nd at a venue in Germany with both Sky Sports and RTL and everybody appeared happy with the deal, We made a few concessions to remove past stumbling blocks and were happy to do so, as it finally looked like the fight would get made.Even through negotiations, though, it was clear Wladimir was looking for the coward’s way out. He would often come up with new obstacles and problems to overcome, and I never once sensed he fancied it.He refused to come to England, wanted to pick his own gloves, enter the ring second, box out of the red corner and demanded a German doctor. He also wanted his name to feature first on any promotional material ahead of the event. We bowed to each and every one of his demands. I didn’t want to potentially jeopardise anything this time around.It should never have come to this, I was available to fight in May and June, yet Klitschko only gave me dates of April 30 and July 2. The April date would be too close to Amir Khan’s next fight, and prove problematic with Sky Box Office, so we settled for July.Klitschko claims he’ll fight both me and Chisora, but it’s nonsense. Are we expected to believe that a fighter who competed only once in the whole of 2009 and twice in 2010 is now going to box twice in a matter of nine weeks? A bout with me is the most lucrative, meaningful and dangerous fight Wladimir’s ever had, not some throwaway tune-up. Wladimir won’t fight anybody nine weeks after Chisora, let alone me.I now need to look for a fight of my own beyond April, as Amir Khan has that month tied up with his bout. Presumably Wladimir is expecting me to fight in either May or June and then face him in early July. It’s ridiculous.They demanded 50:50 right from the start and we eventually agreed and gave them all they wanted, despite the fact that our side brought three times as much money to the overall pot.We had venues available for May and June, but Wladimir had no intention of ever coming to England. Unfortunately, he claimed he had no venues available in Germany for May and June and that’s why we find ourselves in the situation we’re in right now.If the fight doesn’t happen now, it never will. I’m done with the Klitschkos. I know I can retire later this year with my head held high, knowing I did everything in my power to make these fights happen. I’ve had defining fights and beaten the best in the world as a cruiserweight, but, without me, Wladimir can never say he’s done the same as a heavyweight.”

Guest Rorschach

Haye ChagaevDavid Haye has admitted a fight with Wladimir Klitschko is now unlikely ever to happen as he turned his sights on mandatory challenger Ruslan Chagaev.With Klitschko agreeing to re-arrange his fight with England's Dereck Chisora for April 30, WBA heavyweight champion Haye must now make the third defence of his title against the German-based Uzbek Chagaev.Klitschko says July 2 has been set aside for him to face Haye, but with the Brit taking on Chagaev some time in May, the mid-summer date appears unrealistic.Haye believes the stars were aligned for him to finally meet the IBF and WBO champion in the ring this year, but Klitschko didn't want the fight.Puzzle"Fight fans just want to see the best against the best - if only it was that simple," Haye said."Very rarely in boxing do you get a situation where you have all the pieces of the puzzle, all the politics have been smoothed over."Then all of sudden he announces he is fighting Chisora, knowing I have to then fight Chagaev."To then fight me after is impossible - it is a shame he has now shown his true colours."What is wrong with now? Nothing. It does not make sense, especially after all the public campaign to get me in the ring. This would be a once in a life-time fight."Once I retire, people will always ask him 'why did you not fight David Haye?' and he will have to live with that. If it does not happen now, it never will."Hopefully he is getting some serious stick, will read what the world is saying about him and think 'okay maybe I will just cancel this fight and do the fight everyone wants to see'."It is pretty sad but shows the mindset of Wladimir Klitschko and why he will go down in history as a heavyweight who just fought the worst possible people out there."MemorableHaye insists he will will retire on his 31st birthday in October, leaving him with the possibility of fighting once more after the Chagaev defence."I am not going to go down in history as the greatest heavyweight of all time, but I have got to be satisfied with what I have achieved," he added."In these next 10 months, I have got to have some memorable fights, which now has to start off with mandatory challenger Chagaev."I have seen fighters who try to fight into their twilight years and you end up just getting beat by younger, fresher, hungrier guys."Whether the guy is better than you, it is irrelevant - they are younger, fresh and healthy, while you are old and shock-worn."Sooner or later you are going to end up coming a cropper. That is how boxing has worked throughout the years, so I want to be one of the very few fighters who gets out on top, in their prime."The one sticking point for Chagaev is his medical condition, as the former WBA champion was once diagnosed to have hepatitis B and has not fought outside Germany since 2004.Three years ago he scored a one-sided points victory over Britain's Matt Skelton.--------

Guest Klitschko
Wladimir explained why he took the tune-up bout, saying he hadn’t fought since September and besides that, he didn’t trust that Haye would make the July 2nd bout. Wladimir didn’t want to lose even more time without fighting. In an article at the nypost.com, Wladimir said “If I don’t fight until July and then maybe Haye doesn’t show up and I will be off for one year. I want to stay active.”

f*ck of wladhes a cowardly bastard
he's gonna make like 2 million dollars for an EASY night's work and stress-free training camp against chisora
way you dropped that is like you are rating him for it...........hope that isnt the case
Not rating, but I can understand why he's doing it.

Guest Klitschko

The Chisora fight, strictly speaking doesn't propose a problem for David Haye, except that it may force him to take his mandatory (Ruslan Chagaev), which I'm sure he did not want to do. The one problem is that Wlad won't be able to properly promote the fight, and will have a relatively short training camp, both due to lack of time, though no doubt he will be training for Chisora with Haye in mind. Bigger fights with better boxers have been scheduled in far less time.

Guest Klitschko

Heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko blames David Haye for their title unification fight being scrapped, scoffed at the notion that he would follow through with plans to retire by the end of the year and is on the verge of finalizing a deal to face top contender Tomasz Adamek in the fall instead of revisiting a deal with Haye.Calling Haye a "liar" and dismissing Haye's claims that he'll retire before fighting either of the Klitschko brothers, Wladimir Klitschko said he's pleased with the Adamek proposal on the table, in which either he or his brother Vitali will fight the Polish heavyweight. “ This guy [Haye] will eventually fight me. He will eventually fight me because everything coming out of his mouth is a lie. But if he does retire, he'll be a loser with no legacy in the heavyweight division at all. ” -- Wladimir Klitschko "This proposal was amazing and with this idea to fight in Poland in a big stadium, I love it," Klitschko told ESPN.com on Sunday from Hawaii, where he is vacationing. "The world is not going to end if David Haye ducks me again. The planet keeps spinning. There are other fights."Klitschko and Haye have been on a collision course for the past couple of years -- since Haye famously angered Klitschko and his brother, fellow heavyweight titlist Vitali Klitschko, by wearing a T-shirt depicting him standing in the ring holding the bloody, decapitated heads of the brothers.He finally landed a fight with Wladimir, signing to face him in June 2009, but pulled out on short notice claiming a back injury. They finally came to terms again last week for a July 2 showdown in Germany. However, England's Haye pulled out again when he refused to allow Klitschko to first fight British countryman Dereck Chisora on April 30 in a fight rescheduled from December because Klitschko suffered an abdominal tear a few days before the fight.Klitschko, who can resume training at the end of this month, had no issue with Haye also fighting an interim bout if he wanted, but Haye wanted no intervening bouts.Haye claimed that nine weeks between fights was not long enough to mount the promotion or to train. Klitschko disagreed, believing his fight with Chisora would serve as the de facto kickoff to the promotion."I don't take David Haye as a super-special fight," Klitschko said. "I don't need a half a year to prepare for this fight. I'm always in shape anyway. Me fighting Chisora first is good promotion for the fight with David Haye because the guy is also British and very loud. It's perfect to help promote the big fight."The reason Klitschko opted to reschedule with Chisora was because the fight with Haye couldn't take place until July 2. Klitschko hasn't fought since September and didn't want such a long layoff.Klitschko (55-3, 49 KOs) and Haye (25-1, 23 KOs) had agreed on the terms, including a 50-50 financial split. However, there were date and site issues because of the conflicting schedules between RTL, the German network that features Klitschko's fights, and Sky, the British subscription network that televises Haye's fights on Sky Box Office pay-per-view.Rafael's Boxing BlogGet the latest scoop and analysis on the world of boxing from ESPN.com's Dan Rafael in his blog.Klitschko had proposed April 30 at a stadium in Germany. Haye accepted, but Sky wouldn't put on a second pay-per-view fight in the same month; it's already committed to an Amir Khan fight April 16. The closest date that could accommodate both networks, and that would also work with a German stadium, was July 2. They agreed to that date, but Haye and manager/trainer Adam Booth refused to allow Klitschko to first face Chisora and called off the fight."It should never have come to this," Haye said. "I was available to fight in May and June, and yet Klitschko only gave me dates of April 30 and July 2. The April date would be too close to Amir Khan's next fight, and would prove problematic with Sky Box Office, so we settled for July."Klitschko claims he'll fight both Chisora and I, but it's nonsense. Are we expected to believe that a fighter that competed only once in the whole of 2009 and twice in 2010 is now going to box twice in a matter of nine weeks? A bout with me is the most lucrative, meaningful and dangerous fight Wladimir's ever had, not some throwaway tune-up. Wladimir won't fight anybody nine weeks after Chisora, let alone me."Klitschko will fight Chisora in Mannheim, Germany, and then expects to move on to face Poland's Adamek in a new stadium in his country in September in a fight that came up just as the Haye talks were disintegrating.The Adamek camp approached Klitschko last week and they quickly worked out the parameters for a deal under which Adamek will fight Klitschko, or Vitali if Wladimir is unavailable."It's not done yet, but some deals go much faster than David Haye deals," Klitschko said. "We did the Sam Peter [rematch] deal in three days. Adamek came to us and said let's do this. They were polite and respectful. So far, it looks very clear. There's no controversy in negotiations. Everything is clear and understandable.""We agreed on the general terms but, of course, the deal is subject to the execution of a contract," Main Events' Kathy Duva, Adamek's co-promoter, told ESPN.com. "Lawyers on both sides are working on the wording of the agreement now."If for some reason Wladimir can't fight in September, Vitali will be the opponent. The September date is the key because that is when the new stadium will open. This is a very big deal in all of Europe because the Wroclaw stadium, which is located on the border of Poland and Germany and not too far from Ukraine, is one of four currently being built to accommodate the 2012 European Soccer Championships."The fight would be the first event to take place at the stadium, Duva said.A former light heavyweight titleholder and the former cruiserweight champion, Adamek is 5-0 in his heavyweight campaign and one of the top contenders in the world. He'll fight once more in Poland in April against an opponent to be determined -- former heavyweight champion Hasim Rahman is one candidate -- before the title shot."Today everything points to an agreement being signed for a fight with Wladimir Klitschko," Adamek wrote on his website. "My opponent, Wladimir Klitschko, has thousands of fans in Germany. He is counting on many fans coming from Germany and Ukraine. I, on the other hand, hope that 40,000 people will cheer me on through my fight for the world title in the third weight category. Getting this title is my next goal in my boxing career. ... I have to bring the highest level of boxing to the ring."Haye is now looking to a mandatory against former titlist Ruslan Chagaev, who, ironically, was destroyed by Klitschko in June 2009. Chagaev had stepped in for Haye after he pulled out and never produced any medical paperwork confirming his claim of a back injury.Later that summer, Haye came to terms to challenge Vitali. This time, Haye didn't sign the paperwork because he also was clandestinely negotiating a deal with titlist Nikolai Valuev. Haye took that fight and eked out a tight decision to win a belt.Wladimir Klitschko, 34, hasn't forgotten the two incidents, which is why he insisted on taking the interim bout with Chisora. Klitschko spent months waiting for Haye in 2009, foregoing a spring bout when Haye promised to deliver a lucrative stadium deal in England. He couldn't and they wound up moving the fight to Germany before Haye bailed."David Haye says, 'How can Wladimir fight [twice in nine weeks] when he fought only once in 2009," Klitschko said. "He forgets. I fought once in 209 because I relied on him. He was supposed to deliver Chelsea Stadium, so I didn't fight in March or April. I had been waiting for David in June, so I didn't take a fight in between. I didn't want to go through that again."Klitschko said the Chisora fight was his way of hedging against Haye being a no-show again. He said he simply doesn't trust Haye to follow through on their agreement."The contract was just verbal, nothing written yet," Klitschko said. "If I agree he could have backed out and taken Chisora, which is a great pay-per-view for him in Britain. He could give Chagaev step-aside money and then I'm going to be there with nobody to fight [in the spring or summer]. Because of our history before, I would fight him July 2 and we would work on the contract, but I would fight Chisora first and make sure I fight."They lied to me about Chelsea Stadium in 2009, then they lied to my brother. There have a been a lot of lies from David Haye and Adam Booth. We found a date, July 2, to fight him, but I don't trust these guys anymore and Chisora is a great warm-up fight for me."So he can have a fight in between. I don't care. But I don't trust this guy. I would fight him July 2, but I don't want to be inactive. I was champion before David Haye got into the heavyweight division and I will be champion after he retires. If he wants to fight, let him fight. But I'm doing my schedule my way. Either you will join it, or not."Haye, 30, the former cruiserweight champion who has had four fights since moving to heavyweight full-time in late 2008, has said repeatedly that he'll retire by his 31st birthday in October."If the fight doesn't happen now, it never will. I'm done with the Klitschkos." Haye said. "I know I can retire later this year with my head held high, knowing I did everything in my power to make these fights happen. I've had defining fights and beaten the best in the world as a cruiserweight, but, without me, Wladimir can never say he's done the same as a heavyweight."Klitschko, a two-time titleholder who has made nine defenses during his current five-year reign, ripped Haye over the claim."He's telling everyone, 'I'm going to retire by the end of the year and I will have my legacy.' He's going to have a legacy for the Audley Harrison fight, the most exciting heavyweight fight in history," Klitschko said derisively, referring to Haye's third-round knockout of Harrison in November in a fight universally panned as one of the worst heavyweight title bouts in recent memory. "He has no legacy whatsoever. He has this terrible disease and he has to retire? What bull---- is that? This is total nonsense. He is playing the media. He will not retire because he's a liar, liar, liar. From the beginning to the end, he's a loser liar. That's the truth about this man."David Haye is a piece of s---. He has accomplished nothing in the heavyweight division other than to present himself with his stupid T-shirt and comments. He thinks he's the king, but the king doesn't make the king. The people decide who is king. He thinks he'll walk away from this sport having accomplished everything when he's accomplished nothing. He says his legacy is done? That is complete bull----. I'm getting emotional but it's totally ridiculous. The man lies."He's the one in [the most recent] negotiations who said no way to fighting Vitali. He was clear that he doesn't want to fight Vitali, which was good for me. I don't need to get into a fight with my brother over who gets to beat up David Haye."This guy will eventually fight me. He will eventually fight me because everything coming out of his mouth is a lie. But if he does retire, he'll be a loser with no legacy in the heavyweight division at all."---------------------------------Good to hear Wlad clearing things up, I found it especially ridiculous that Haye gave his reason pulling out as Wlad not being able to fight twice in two months, because he only fought once in 2009, when the reason he only fought once was because David Haye pulled out of fights with him on two occasions.

Guest Klitschko

Of course, Chisora is a poor boxer by comparison, though I have to admit I feel some sympathy for him, he is a working class black man who has his shot at the title and is taking it, and for all those from the capital, he is a very proud Londoner.He did ask a fair enough question of David Haye (after Haye insulted him, by truthfully saying noone wanted to see him fight) 'Why can't Haye fight the older brother when I fight VVlad, it could have been us you know, the brothers, against them'.Given that it would be entirely plausible for Haye to fight Vitali instead, and Haye has not responded to VItali's challenge that was issued after Wlads booking with Chisora, 'Del Boy', has a point. Why should he be denied his pay-day?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Of course, Chisora is a poor boxer by comparison, though I have to admit I feel some sympathy for him, he is a working class black man who has his shot at the title and is taking it, and for all those from the capital, he is a very proud Londoner.
working class lol, bruda drives round in bentley's wid models bitches, hes easy