The Club, Croydon - shut down (Chris Goldfinger's place) - Did anyone ever go?

2deal2

So I read in my local paper that Chris Goldfinger's nightclub is shut down over problems with knife and gun crime, gangs, drunkenness and general bad behaviour... :rolleyes:

I have to say I never actually got the chance to go there, since it's in the opposite direction of most of the clubs and bars in Croydon.

Has anyone ACTUALLY been to The Club? How much of this is true or how much is bullshit?

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/news/Club-heart-underworld-closed/article-3051156-detail/article.html

1912794.jpg

A NIGHTCLUB that detectives say lies at the heart of Croydon's criminal underworld has been shut down by the council.

Steps were taken by councillors this week to close The Club after police published evidence linking the venue to rapists, drug dealers and violent gangs.

The officers' dossier documents a string of shootings and stabbings at the nightspot that directly involve three of Croydon's criminal organisations.

On Wednesday night the borough council's licensing committee was asked to review the report and agreed to revoke The Club's premises licence.

Detectives had told the committee that Croydon gang DSN "controls the venue and deals drugs", and said criminals who frequent the London Road nightclub are wanted for attempted murder, drug importation, rape, false imprisonment and other offences.

Committee chairman Cllr Maria Gatland said: "We were not satisfied that the documents submitted by the premises licence holder addressed the serious history and concerns outlined in the representations in support of the review application."

Other evidence reveals a string of violent attacks involving firearms and other weapons. The Club, which is owned by former Radio 1 DJ Chris Goldfinger and claims to be "the friendliest club south of the river", had its licence suspended on December 2 after officials feared it was attracting serious crime and violent disorder.

At the time, Mr Goldfinger told the Advertiser he was the victim of a police "stitch-up". He added: "Instead of closing us, why didn't they just tell us to get more security?"

Police say Mr Goldfinger has ordered leaflets and posters with a well known gang symbol to be placed outside three Croydon schools: Oasis Academy Shirley, Westwood Girls, in Upper Norwood, and Archbishop Lanfranc, in Thornton Heath.

In a report for councillors, licensing officer Geoff Cooper wrote: "This venue has been a constant source of crime and disorder in the London Road area of Croydon for some time.

"The type, style and music policy pursued in the events promoted at the venue have led to a culture of acceptance of serious crime. Advice by the police has been ignored."

deep, but to be honest, you can't have a black nightclub in Croydon anymore, that ship sailed a long time ago.

I've never been but I know for a fact that Goldfinger tried to stay away from all the trouble. I tried to hire it out for an event but he wasn't having a bar, saying he didn't want any trouble etc

• Upvote 1

deep, but to be honest, you can't have a black nightclub in Croydon anymore, that ship sailed a long time ago.

I've never been but I know for a fact that Goldfinger tried to stay away from all the trouble. I tried to hire it out for an event but he wasn't having a bar, saying he didn't want any trouble etc

This.

Never even touch Croydon anymore....always go off ends for nights out

Once. Was a bday party.

I assumed it was gonna be a nice venue cos of the hype my man put behind it.... WAS A SHITHOLE, WAS A sh*t NITE & I GOT sh*t NEWS BEFORE I WALKED IN.

You know them monkey venues that sell Red Stripe, Rubicon and Supermalt behind the bar....?

Yep.

• Upvote 1

Guest Rorschach

Always used to roll back past it after coming from the main part of Croydon, never went in but it was bait it was a f*ck*ng shithole.

The kind of places where the bouncers will shake you down and rob you

been to the place....was a dump

there is a lot of politics involved in owning and running a club.... there is more to the story than meets the eye

Goldfinger was weak and he paid the price......

another club in south just got a 28 day order last night

which club?

This.

Never even touch Croydon anymore....always go off ends for nights out

u can have a black club, but the club was in the stupidest location ever!

when i first went there, i kew that place wernt gonna last