Sign in to follow this  
Carter

hiphop Best Record Labels or Stable of Rappers??

These are my favorite Record Labels/Crews/Stables or whatever you wanna call them!1 - Death Row (See the Source Awards to know why they're my number 1)2 - Cash Money (Way ahead of their time, fans are jus catching up on Mannie Fresh, Lil Wayne & BG)3 - G-Unit (Put the game in a strangle hold with mixtapes/albums/club bangers)4 - No Limit Soldiers (New releases ever month....all platinum or gold NO HYPE)5 - Wu Tang Clan (One of my fav groups but also the most talented stable of solo rappers ever)

1. Death Row (Dr.Dre, Snoop Dogg + 2pac)2. Def Jam (the old skool Def Jam before Jay-Z took over)3. Shady/Aftermath (Dr.Dre, Eminem, D12, Obie Trice, 50 Cent , The Game)4. Wu-Tang Clan5. Dipset (Cam'ron, Juelz Santana, JR Writer, Hell Rell, 40 Cal)

Bad Boy (Shyne, Blackrob, B.I.G, LOX, Mary J, 112)Wu TangDeathrowRuff Ryders (DMX, DBlock etc)Marley Marl & Juice Crew (Never listened to them but they sound like they had their generation on lock)

desert storm/ontopfabbuddenpaul caina-team (hitch, ran, meedah- he was the 3rd member)stack bundlesextended fam of blok gang (newz n coke)dj clue f*cked it up tho. wasteman

desert storm/ontopfabbuddenpaul caina-team (hitch, ran, meedah- he was the 3rd member)stack bundlesextended fam of blok gang (newz n coke)dj clue f*cked it up tho. wasteman
They not together anymore?

nope. budden n clue dont talk anymorea-team broke up cos of cluestack bundles left is now on byrd gang wiv jim jonespaul cain kina fell offwhich leaves jus fab n ransom. oh n he got a south bre called magno hes quite sick but will never drop n lp under clue

I made a topic like this on RWD. 1st. Wu-Tang are the best stable. 2nd. is Ruff Ryders. 3rd. the original G-Unit (50, Banks, Yayo, Sha Money XL). 4th. CashmoneyThe rest were label situations (from who I can remember)

1. Death Row (Dre,Snoop, Pac days obviously)2. G-Unit (50,Yayo.Banks mixtape days even though Buck is now the hottest)3. Wu-Tang Clan (obviously)4. Shady/Aftermath5. Dipset

1st post was pretty much rightwith the addition of the old on top ROC. instead of g unit. (for me anyways) sales might say a little different

WuRuff RydersG-UnitBad Boy (Biggie, Shyne, G-dep, Black Rob etc.)Infamous Mobb Deep (Prodigy, Havoc, Big Noyd, GOD part 3, Big Twin, Ty Nitty etc.)

Interscope/Aftermath has always been the best in my opinion.Eminem, G Unit, D Block, Obie Trice, Busta Rhymes, Dr Dre, Scott StorchUsed to have Rakim as well.

OH sh*t I JUST REMEMBEREDTALKIN OFF RUFF RYDERSI WAS OUT WITH MY MUM THE OTHER DAY, AND SEEN A BOY WITH A DOUBLE R TATT ON HIS NECKEVEN MY MUM KNEW WHAT IT WAS AND GAVE ME THE :? FACE

Interscope/Aftermath has always been the best in my opinion.Eminem, G Unit, D Block, Obie Trice, Busta Rhymes, Dr Dre, Scott StorchUsed to have Rakim as well.
interscope is the company tho really.rather then the 'label' as the sence its being used for this topic(they had pac too)

thun ruff ryders were BIG but they had DRAG-ONhe just messed it all uphaha
LOLDrag-On is sh*t. They wasted some good beats on him.The Lox and DMX made up for it.

skeen...so none of the heads even mentioned rawkus records wen they had Talib,common ,mos def ,pharoah monch,skillz,hi-tek and all them other cats...skeenDeath rowDef jamBadboyCash moneyRawkusThese were the proper stables...imho that isK-dot.1

oh yer forgot rawkus,was tryna remember old onesspoze with wu tang aswell u cud say loud if its a labels ting

nah rawkus was a stable...loud gave deals to stables like mobb and them other dudes...i think there is a diff...like say koch...they take people with movements...rawkus was like a crew really...they all toured together etc...big in the game at the timeK-dot.1

Rawkus are my number 5Def Jam, a stable? I wouldnt class them as that. To me a stable is sonmething that happens from grassroots level where everyone comes together by knowing each other and all wanting to make it, bot through being offered money to sign album deals.

Def Jam had a lil stable in the late nineties with Jay Z, DMX, Ja Rule, Method Man, Redman & LL Cool J......Made a few tracks together and did the Roca Fella/Ruff Ryders Backstage tour

Ruff Ryders, Murder Inc. and Roc-A-Fella were the stables.Its like what Karizma said about Loud, Def Jam gave the deals