"Grime's Dead"

Shy One

I am sick and tired of people saying this to me, grime is obviously not dead as it is growing and evolving by the day. How do these Grime doubters ever expect the scene to 'blow' or whatever they see as the opposite of it dieing, if they have no faith in it?What are your opinions, i know there have been a zillion of these topics but this is one for those of us who aren't a load of whiny pessimists.

Guest SHO FACE GOON

yh ive said it a million times before, but i'll say it again.."GRIME IS DEAD" IS THE BIGGEST BANDWAGON SAYING IN THE HISTORY OF MANKINDgrime is jus going through a phaze, the scene is like 3/4 years deep, give it a chance

Grime ain't dead. Mixtapes and Albums are showering down in abundance.I think the problem is that back in the day nuff sets used to be done on DeJa, Freeze, Rinse etc. but now sets aren't as frequent. I can remember when Nasty used to do sets like 3-4 times a week on radio. I swear that doesn't happen no more, alie?Unless someone tells me different cos I'm not up to date.

It was on the fast track after Boy In Da Corner, something new for the underground and the mainstream were on it, but a few things happened:1 - Channel U....It made Grime a laughing stock and opened the doors for wasteguys...and killed Pirate radio off!2 - Hype youts and Trident f*cked up the club scene, leaving us with tame shin digs in art galleries3 -Somewhere along the line Grime MCs started to think making hip hop would make them blow.....leaving the reason we like them in the first place behind

• Upvote 1

It was on the fast track after Boy In Da Corner, something new for the underground and the mainstream were on it, but a few things happened:1 - Channel U....It made Grime a laughing stock and opened the doors for wasteguys...and killed Pirate radio off!2 - Hype youts and Trident fu*ked up the club scene, leaving us with tame shin digs in art galleries3 -Somewhere along the line Grime MCs started to think making hip hop would make them blow.....leaving the reason we like them in the first place behind
R.T. But grime's far from dead.

The music is changing, but its not dead I would just say evolving  :D
Exactly &
Grime ain't dead. Mixtapes and Albums are showering down in abundance.
I never understand how people can say that when we have mixtapes and promo's being thrown at us monthly now i swear.
"GRIME IS DEAD" IS THE BIGGEST BANDWAGON SAYING IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND
excl.gif:D

yh and radio to be how it was and vinyl to have a thriving market once again
I think the main reason for this drop in vinyl sales is due to the stuff thats getting or should i say NOT getting released.In say 2005 i could go in a record shop and spend 120 easily on all good vinyls. Now i can listen to 16 vinyl's ands only wnna take 3. Producers are slacking, some sick different beats are being made but barely any being released and this is due to them getting leaked, everythings kind of linked.

grime died when deja locked it offthis new music is not grimeso of it is good but its not grime as we know it.

Guest SHO FACE GOON
Compare it to April last year............ Aint as big as it was these times last year.
i kind of agree stilllogans show this time last year was much more enjoyable

I don't think it will get that same 'when it was all about pirate and big mc's turned up every week for their show without fail' vibe again because now it's on to bigger and better things.It's sad yeh that it's not like that anymore but in order for things to progress there has to be change and it has to move on alie.

I don't think it will get that same 'when it was all about pirate and big mc's turned up every week for their show without fail' vibe again because now it's on to bigger and better things.It's sad yeh that it's not like that anymore but in order for things to progress there has to be change and it has to move on alie.