documentary id

lilwarrior

any1 remember a documentary filmed in south london (brixton i think)

where a guy was told to be dropped off in a taxi, with a laptop, mobile phone, and gold watch and see how long it took 2 get stolen

da watch (or wallet/ or fone) got yacked str8 away by sum youts

den 1 guy came along and said it was my little cousin , follow me 2 da blocks n i'll get it back 4 u *sigh*

white man follows him back, den he pulls out a machete n gets da laptop (which is later tracked and found in nigeria)

n i memba the guy ran back 2 the taxi n the taxi got chased

all i can remember. few years old (5-10 yrs i think),,, but was on probs on channel 4.... any ideas

only memba watchin it once

*oh yeah and it was filmed on a hidden camera on da guys jacket, which at sum point i think was clocked, which is why he had 2 run back 2 da taxi*

Did anybody else see the above on BBC 1 tonight?

The show, fronted by investigative reporter Donal MacIntyre, concerned street crime in the UK. It decided to pitch on the Brixton area, where levels of street crime are extremely high. MacIntyre, his production crew, minders, huge surveillance team and fleet of brand new vehicles (now you know how the Licence Fee is spent) decided to use the following sequence of events:

Day One:

1) MacIntyre spends hours in make-up to disguise himself only to come out with a ludicrous false beard on.

2) MacIntyre buys expensive laptop PC and Nokia mobile telephone with state of the art tracking systems built in, for muggers to steal from him

3) MacIntyre walks round Brixton for four hours and doesn't get mugged.

4) MacIntyre goes home

Day 2:

5) MacIntyre spends hours in make-up and comes out looking like Donal MacIntyre with a new and equally ludicrous false goatee beard.

6) MacIntyre walks round Brixton for four hours and doesn't get mugged.

7) MacIntyre goes home.

Day 3:

8) MacIntyre goes straight to Brixton with no false beard.

9) MacIntyre walks round Brixton for four hours and doesn't get mugged.

10) In desperation MacIntyre approaches a group of potential muggers and asks them the way to Stockwell Tube Station(as you do) holding an expensive mobile phone in his outstretched hand.

11) Surprisingly, muggers grab phone and run off.

12) MacIntyre walks after them shouting, "give me my phone back". Muggers fail to respond.

13) MacIntyre finds youth who says that he will get his phone back for him for 10 quid, if MacIntyre accompanies him to a dimly lit council estate.

14) MacIntyre goes with youth. Youth tells him to wait there while he goes and finds phone.

15) Youth comes back and says he wants more money to get the phone back, MacIntyre gives him £40.

16) Youth goes off, comes back, phoneless, pulls out a seven inch knife and demands MacIntyre's laptop. MacIntyre hands it over and runs off crying.

17) Mobile phone tracking system leads BBC to a teacher from Ghana who has bought the Nokia, but doesn't have it anymore, because he's given it to a man in Ghana.

18) BBC fly out man to Accra to go and get the phone back.

19) Man comes back with phone and nothing else happens regarding it.

20) MacIntyre and crew drive back to Brixton, find youth that stole his laptop, MacIntyre confronts youth, youth runs off into the night. MacIntyre and crew almost lose their cameras to a street gang of muggers, they drive off at speed, no arrests made, end of show.

Did I miss the point of the programme?

• Upvote 1

I remember that must be around 6-7 years ago blatent entrapment

who is gonna go around saying yeah lucky they never stole my lappy while walking with some ramdom down some dingy south estate

show was any propaganda tool to show up black people

swear there were bare good samaritans also telling him not to walk around the area with all that stuff

Phone ended up in Nigeria or something and some school teacher sent it out there

Did anybody else see the above on BBC 1 tonight?

The show, fronted by investigative reporter Donal MacIntyre, concerned street crime in the UK. It decided to pitch on the Brixton area, where levels of street crime are extremely high. MacIntyre, his production crew, minders, huge surveillance team and fleet of brand new vehicles (now you know how the Licence Fee is spent) decided to use the following sequence of events:

Day One:

1) MacIntyre spends hours in make-up to disguise himself only to come out with a ludicrous false beard on.

2) MacIntyre buys expensive laptop PC and Nokia mobile telephone with state of the art tracking systems built in, for muggers to steal from him

3) MacIntyre walks round Brixton for four hours and doesn't get mugged.

4) MacIntyre goes home

Day 2:

5) MacIntyre spends hours in make-up and comes out looking like Donal MacIntyre with a new and equally ludicrous false goatee beard.

6) MacIntyre walks round Brixton for four hours and doesn't get mugged.

7) MacIntyre goes home.

Day 3:

8) MacIntyre goes straight to Brixton with no false beard.

9) MacIntyre walks round Brixton for four hours and doesn't get mugged.

10) In desperation MacIntyre approaches a group of potential muggers and asks them the way to Stockwell Tube Station(as you do) holding an expensive mobile phone in his outstretched hand.

11) Surprisingly, muggers grab phone and run off.

12) MacIntyre walks after them shouting, "give me my phone back". Muggers fail to respond.

13) MacIntyre finds youth who says that he will get his phone back for him for 10 quid, if MacIntyre accompanies him to a dimly lit council estate.

14) MacIntyre goes with youth. Youth tells him to wait there while he goes and finds phone.

15) Youth comes back and says he wants more money to get the phone back, MacIntyre gives him £40.

16) Youth goes off, comes back, phoneless, pulls out a seven inch knife and demands MacIntyre's laptop. MacIntyre hands it over and runs off crying.

17) Mobile phone tracking system leads BBC to a teacher from Ghana who has bought the Nokia, but doesn't have it anymore, because he's given it to a man in Ghana.

18) BBC fly out man to Accra to go and get the phone back.

19) Man comes back with phone and nothing else happens regarding it.

20) MacIntyre and crew drive back to Brixton, find youth that stole his laptop, MacIntyre confronts youth, youth runs off into the night. MacIntyre and crew almost lose their cameras to a street gang of muggers, they drive off at speed, no arrests made, end of show.

Did I miss the point of the programme?

:lol:

need to watch this, safe