Who gets the best jobs?

Guest Awesome Kong

Guest Awesome Kong

One dude on the show a few moments ago, done a masters in Physics but from the beginning wanted to do journalism so spent his student loan to fund his journalist internships..................

:/

Why didn't the c*nt do a degree where he could HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING A JOURNALIST JOB?!?!?! SMH

was wtaching it for a bit while eatting my dinner the fashion ting is a f*ckry no pay plus dont renburst your expenses some slavery ting f*ck that

the guy with the phhysics degree used his student loan to fund that madness lmao at them switching on man for asking to be paid minium wage when they already published 6 of his articles #f*ckryting

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

yea watchin this

basically the guy did a physics degree, then decided he wanted to do journalism, bit no money, so he did a masters n used his loan to stay in hostels n contacted people through gumtree to sleep on their sofas

think that was the same guy that did the masters, unless im gettin that mixed up with someone else.

Guest Awesome Kong

yea watchin this

basically the guy did a physics degree, then decided he wanted to do journalism, bit no money, so he did a masters n used his loan to stay in hostels n contacted people through gumtree to sleep on their sofas

think that was the same guy that did the masters, unless im gettin that mixed up with someone else.

Yes

/

Dubby, the same as the title.

Guest Esquilax

you're told not to do Journalism at university if you want to get into journalism by any careers advisor who knows what they're talking about

Why?

Some magazines/ publications will only take journo graduate interns though

Guest Awesome Kong

Sho, nothing special. LOL @ the pictures in her room though. Know that rwdman/marcus/the somalian would be on it.

/

Marcus, hows that ting who went to live in Aussie land?

its f*cked, them fashions interns are slaves

It's annoying because where so many people are willing to work for free, you don't have a choice but to work like a slave. Then you have to work at the weekends to support yourself. One of the last internships I did I was doing a 12hr day receiving £4 per day for travel when it was costing me £6+ per day. Didn't even receive a thank you at the end of it (when without us the interns they would have been so f*cked).

Wow @ the guy that got 32 articles published without pay. That's like me making a 32piece collection for free for a retailer. madness

Sho, nothing special. LOL @ the pictures in her room though. Know that rwdman/marcus/the somalian would be on it.

/

Marcus, hows that ting who went to live in Aussie land?

nah she wernt nothing spesh but she has sense could get down with that program. For a daughter of a dinner lady she has done very very well and she was rude as a youth but got the right guidance. Only downside is that she is from South

I aint spoken to ''that aussie ting'' in years got back in contact through facebook but then we drifted apart again

ye watched this last night.

its very true that people of private school background get a leg up and are also percieved better by employers. from my experience i definately feel that there is a bit of bias towards recruiting even tho companies claim to recruit on equal grounds.

that peckham girl is very f*ck*ng lucky. but she done well, 35k law job is sick. for a graduate thats immense, only thing better is a banking job probably.

but she is definately a rare case, the majority from her background even with a degree probably wont get that far.

that peckham girl is very f*ck*ng lucky. but she done well, 35k law job is sick. for a graduate thats immense, only thing better is a banking job probably.

but she is definately a rare case, the majority from her background even with a degree probably wont get that far.

I didn't watch it cos I'm fed up of these type of programmes by the BBC. Millionaires pontificating about how unequal the system is...do me a favour.

However, 35k for a grad job as a solicitor or barrister (unless it's criminal law) is usually below average. Starting salary at A&O, CC, Freshfields etc is around 45k and goes up to about 68k after you qualify. At chambers, particularly commercial/equity/land etc, pupils usually start off with a 30-50k award for their first year.

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

its f*cked, them fashions interns are slaves

It's annoying because where so many people are willing to work for free, you don't have a choice but to work like a slave. Then you have to work at the weekends to support yourself. One of the last internships I did I was doing a 12hr day receiving £4 per day for travel when it was costing me £6+ per day. Didn't even receive a thank you at the end of it (when without us the interns they would have been so f*cked).

Wow @ the guy that got 32 articles published without pay. That's like me making a 32piece collection for free for a retailer. madness

yea too many people willing to work for free just changes the game, n we just come from a recession, so less jobs n more people

theyre definately taking advantage of the situation, felt sorry for that guy who went Mexico, when you have to contact people through Gumtree n ask to sleep on their sofa, somethings not going right

with a f*ckin masters aswell