When absent fathers reappear in your life

LuLu

i hear dat but never really felt there was a void not havin a dadlike my mums current husband he is a waste man( to his kids) but my mum loves him. my younger bro who is 17 has never learnt anythin off him and has no respect for himmy bro even told me that i was more of a dad to him than he was. not having a dad is nothing if u got a mum thats strong and teaches u principals/ pmsl

Guest Flat Eric
Dads are overrated u knowwas gonna say a few lines but clearly people aint taking this thread seriously If your in pain thats cool be honest init but allow dropping them kind of bars
Trust

to all the guys saying dads are nt needed im fine etc etc i think they really are we may think that they arent but i beleive tht they arei havent lived with my dad since i was like 10 - hes always been there more as a finacial benefit then an emotional one ive always seen him at least once a week apart from when im at uni and even then he shows some keen interest into what im doing. a mother and a father is most definitely needed regardless of how strong a mother is.

Guest Klitschko

Nah in a sense it is true, for instance your uncle taught you the masculine side of things so you still learnt it, and still had a male authority figure to look up to and learn fromIt depends on WHO fills the void reallyIf it's a responsable brother, uncle, or even female, it's no real loss (althoguh females will never be eble to teach men how to be men etc)But if it's the people in your school or in your area that are a few years older then*15 years later, your mum talking to bbcnews*'I didn't know he was into these sort of things, he was such a lovely boy and a good footballer, how could they stab my baby?'

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nah in a sense it is true, for instance your uncle taught you the masculine side of things so you still learnt it, and still had a male authority figure to look up to and learn fromIt depends on WHO fills the void reallyIf it's a responsable brother, uncle, or even female, it's no real loss (althoguh females will never be eble to teach men how to be men etc)But if it's the people in your school or in your area that are a few years older then*15 years later, your mum talking to bbcnews*'I didn't know he was into these sort of things, he was such a lovely boy and a good footballer, how could they stab my baby?'
Nah, that's dead, might aswell say, aunts can fill a mother's void. Hell, my aunt GENUINELY was my mum before I moved to England.

was kind of seeing ur point up to here when u began chattin sh*t

Guest Klitschko

Eh? That wasn't my point.My point was that as long as positive masculine influence, not a negative one, replaces the hole that the absent father (or mother) left, then it is all good. But it turns bad when it's a negative influence.

Eh? That wasn't my point.My point was that as long as positive masculine influence, not a negative one, replaces the hole that the absent father (or mother) left, then it is all good. But it turns bad when it's a negative influence.
I know.YOUR point took lead from Lahi's comment 'dads are overrated.'.''In a sense it's true...'' You were semi-backing that remark.

Guest Flat Eric
Dads are overrated u knowwas gonna say a few lines but clearly people aint taking this thread seriously If your in pain thats cool be honest init but allow dropping them kind of bars
Trust
dads>>>>>>>>>
Trust
  • Upvote 1